I saw this, and now I kind of what to get it for non-mac USB-C devices...

dx.com/p/cwxuan-magsafe-to-usb-c-converter-airfish-usb-type-c-to-magsafe-1-and-magsafe-2-power-adapter-connector-cable-554722

I saw this, and now I kind of what to get it for non-mac USB-C devices. Cause I kind of like the idea of being able to use legacy Magsafe chargers to charge my phone/tablet/non-mac USB-C Charging laptop. I got a surface for the magnetic charger, as well, because I genuinely like the idea of it, as someone who uses a computer standing in other people's offices and random rooms, a lot. I've had a lot of people trip over my charging cables before, so the thought of being able to have 1, easily available, magnetic disconnect charger for all my devices is kinda sexy.

Attached: sku_554722_1.jpg (700x700, 49K)

Jow Forums is not your personal blog.

Magsafe is based. I'll hold off buying a new Macbook until they bring it back.

As soon as you need an adapter its basically like an usb C cable, i dont get it

Jow Forums is not your personal desktop thread/coding thread/flavor of the month thread board.

It's for discussion about technology. This is technology. I'm discussing what I'd like to use this technology for. I'm bringing it up to people who might want to use it. Or people who might point out flaws in it. Or point out other Pros. Or, you know, want to have a discussion about it. And not just have the same "discussion" about Intel Vs. AMD Vs. Nvidia/iPhone Vs. Android/VIM Vs. Emacs/OS Wars for the 39th time this week.

The idea, is if I'm in the middle of the copy room, holding a laptop/tablet, trying to troubleshoot something on our piece of shit Konica again before we call the maintenance company and pay them an arm and a leg to deal with it, if some dumb bitch from accounting walks in, and doesn't look down to step over the cable plugged into my laptop/tablet, instead of it getting jerked out of my device, damaging the plug, or throwing my device to the ground if I've got it set on something, the magsafe will just harmlessly pop off, and all will be well.

No one gives a shit what you want faggot kill yourself

Why does apple think lack of backward compatibility is the same as innovation?

I don't give a shit what you want either, so I won't kill myself. Awesome post, great job! 100% thanks for bumping.

Something-something-something forget the past to move forward! Or some dumb shit.
We all know it's just marketing BS to make more money. It stopped actually being about innovation the second Jobs came back and had dollar signs on the mind when he saw an opportunity to build a media empire.

But also, sometimes gems slip though. Magsafe was pretty cool. It has issues, yeah, but the idea is pretty sound. The ability to not have to physically connect things with friction, so excess force on the connection doesn't break it.

I won an auction for a criminally cheap macbook air last month, and I'm definitely enjoying that little piece of design. It seems like a briddy gud idea

I guess it'd be worth it to check if the wattage options for the chargers are optimal for your device first

I think they're all 45W and 60W if you're getting apple oem. I've heard some pretty negative things about off brand options (which maybe have more variety) having electrical issues but that could just be fanboy-ism

I've heard the same. And to be honest, having tried off-brand surface chargers, and having had shit luck, I think theres merit to the complaints.

I was actually a little curious about the wattage part. Electrical engineering isn't my forte, but I always assumed that the wattage figure was "up to", not just "constant supply of". I could be totally wrong, though. I just know if I plug something that only does 5w USB charging into my G6's fast charger that does 18w, it doesn't just explode and die. It just draws 5w, since thats all it can handle. I can see that plain as day from the display on my kill-a-watt

the cable should not be where people walk
there - I fixed it

Magnetically attaching connectors are not a Apple invention.
I've been using a magnetic connector on my USB-C port for ages (USB 2.0 only though, but it's great for charging).

I believe you're right about that, and that the device limits the amount of total electricity in

but I've heard various speculation about significantly higher wattage chargers potentially damaging battery health/capacity

I have absolutely no sources to back this up, so it's probably worth looking up

Not always that easy when you don't have a permanent office/space to do that. I try to avoid walkways, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

It isn't, but if you lose your charger, you've got to order another one to get the same result. With the Magsafe, I'll be able to go to any Apple store and get one, or borrow one from people with older Macbooks. Availability is pretty cool.

I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure theres no precedent for plugging a 90w Magsafe charger into a phone thats looking for 18w of charging, haha.

I can't help stupid people

>…
>dongles for charger
>ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF MACFAGS

Guys just fu-
Guys
Hey
GUYS just fucking ADMIT it, it is gone. GONE!

And meanwhile, meanwhile MICROSOFT IS ASSBLASTING THE FUCK out of appLEL. Dominating, DOMINATING I SAY both the business and the consumer space.

ALL HAIL SURFACE, the only fucking mobile device with a MAGNETICALLY ATTACHING CHARGING CABLE PORT.

That dongle you see, is more like the DONG OF MICROSOFT up in the TINY CUNT USB-C of the appLEL's "FLAGSHIP" whoreBook.

I am 100% uplifted and amused by this GOD FUCKING RIDICULOUS thread/image. Golden thread OP, GOLDEN.

Attached: surface connector.jpg (628x462, 130K)

I once used an apple charger for my android and it killed the apple crap charger.

This is the delusion of a macfag. The dilemma. The confusion. Necessary schizophrenic acts to contain their shit together.

For the past decade, the MagSafe has been the primary argument to praise or defend a MacBook. It was THE FEATURE a macfag would lay onto table, and nobody could ever argue against. It was a discussion-ender, and all the defenses thrown against it were futile, laughable.

Now, it is time you eat up all you had said. Good luck defending this "innovation" in any logical, sensible, reasonable, consistent way, though none of this is necessary if you already are DELUSIONAL MACFAG.

Attached: surface power supply featuring usb.png (600x400, 69K)

>another dongle
Top kek

Attached: 1532221727384.jpg (891x658, 112K)