Has anyone use this shit?

Has anyone use this shit?

Attached: free-bsd.jpg (300x252, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux:Overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's trash

Yes, i do. It's superior, also less virgin autism compared to Loonix.

Virgin Stallman-ass-licking Loonix autists on Jow Forums keep repeating their old chant about FreeBSD, that is is insecure by default, but that was 5 years ago. Now there are a bunch of options, even in the installer, to make it as secure as you want without being paranoiac autist like Teo the Rat.

Seriously, FOSS is cancer.

this desu

*hug*

>paranoiac autist like Teo the Rat.
>insulating based Theo

Classic FreeNiggertard

>FreeBSD, that is is insecure by default, but that was 5 years ago
security is still bad desu

Take a look at hardenedbsd for a freebsd fork that cares about security

I used to use it exclusively until they flapped out their CoC. Now I use Linux.

Poor form all around.
I think most of us respect Theo, myself included. They again, myself and others I know are jumping ship gb Yvahk.

I switched away when they've changed their CoCk, and now I'm using OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD. God, I should have switched before, FreeBSD is shit compared to the the Chad OpenBSD or dfly

I actually cannot, for the life of me, install *BSD correctly it seems. I get the files onto my hard drive, but the package manager never works

How is DragonFly? Do you run into compatibility issues with software that worked on FreeBSD? Which services did you migrate to DFly and which to OpenBSD?

Attached: ladydfly.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Not him, I use dragonfly. It's pretty decent, I don't know how it compares to Free or OpenBSD though seeing as I'm not experienced in either of those. It's my first experience using a BSD as opposed to a Linux distro as daily driver.

I really love the init system (that's pretty much the same between BSDs, right?).
The number of packages is quite large but maintainers are dwindling. I see quite a lot or "This package currently has no maintainer" messages.
The integration of cryptsetup is what had me sold when I heard about it, it's a fairly similar implementation but I think there are some differences in things like the crypttab syntax for example.
HAMMER is a really cool filesystem. I don't know if other FSs do this (ZFS maybe?), but they have traversable snapshots (you can cd into your HAMMER FS from like three days ago if you wanted). The only problem with that is it takes up a lot of space. Took me a while to figure out how to purge the system of the snapshots - they don't show up in a du or df.

Their ports are modified FreeBSD ones. The kernel is based on FreeBSD too.

Only issue I have currently is Xorg taking ages to load, but once it does I have no problems.

I'm thinking of switching back to Linux though, I'm currently studying Iptables so I'd like to have my machine with Iptables. Thinking of CRUX, which I've used before - loved the (BSD-inspired) init scripts on there, more than Dfly even.

N O A S L R L M A O

A few tweaks, and she could be a 2hu.

Tried True OS. Ugly as fuck but also really good support. You get updated graphic drivers. The learning curve is not that big but I'm not willing to go through at the moment. Also is still for really specific users and I'm not one of them.

Why not use openbsd instead. Freebsd is insecure compared to openbsd

You may like Alpine Linux. It uses OpenRC as its init system and has a good selection of binary packages.
wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux:Overview

I've used alpine. It was my distro before switching to Dfly. I might go back to that actually. Thanks for reminding me.
But the thing with OpenRC is that the init scripts aren't as simple, on CRUX they're literally just a shell script (well technically most init systems have shell scripts). With OpenRC don't you have to load external files and deal with OpenRC variables and stuff? I'm sure it's simple as well but the pure minimalist init experience I got from CRUX has never been topped.

Yes, and it's unbelievably shit.
They still don't have drivers for AMD cards from 2013. The not yet released FreeBSD 12 with DRM-next has them but they only work with legacy BIOS. TrueOS got it to work but FreeBSD devs are too busy keeping the whitey out to even bother merging improvements.
Broadcom wifi drivers commonly cause kernel panics. Hint: they work just fine with Linux.
Ancient versions of all major desktop environments.
Virtualization is either Xen or "guess what bug I hit today with bhyve".
The "security" team responds to publicly demonstrated vulnerabilities with a lag of several months.
And I could go on and on and on, but I don't want to expend more energy than this shit is worth.

Nah, NetBSD exists.

>HAMMER is a really cool filesystem. I don't know if other FSs do this (ZFS maybe?), but they have traversable snapshots
BTRFS has this, because in BTRFS snapshots are just subvolumes so you can mount them wherever you want and use them like a normal FS

Based & redpilled

>in BTRFS snapshots are just subvolumes
what's the difference then?

Just using a fucking ThinkPad with it, like a real, grown man, and not your dual-boot Winblows shit gaming rig, you fucking kid

ASLR present for a decade now, check your sources again, chanter

Reported

tfw so proud of his masculinity to change OS because of a stupid CoC published online
>autism

Enjoy sucking Teo the Rat's CoCk, a proven sperglord and autist

Attached: bbq.jpg (640x463, 49K)

>like a real, grown man
That's discriminatory language. I hope you are not affiliated with the FreeBSD project. If you are, please identify yourself. You know you are responsible for your speech on any platform.