Dropping Dropbox

How did you replace Dropbox? If you have never seriously used it, don't reply.

Attached: ricebox.jpg (516x564, 46K)

I just setup OwnCloud. Client for lInux is horseshit but the web interface is nice

it's very hard to replace Dropbox, as all of the alternatives are garbage. OwnCloud sounds good on paper, but as mentioned, the client for it is FUCKING terrible.

i'm still using Dropbox and i don't see that changing anytime soon. in fact, i'm paying for the 1 TB subscription as i store a lot of my phd data on there

What are the advantages of Dropbox over Onedrive and Google Drive?

You could at least encrypt it.

use syncthing if you have a desktop and a laptop or your own server

use syncthing

I use MEGAsync because it has a linux/windows client which works and is easy to install. only storing cat pics tho, sensitive data is on HDD, gpg encrypted or in password-protected 7z files

>sensitive data is on HDD, gpg encrypted or in password-protected 7z files
If not MEGA, then what do you use for backups?

rsync

My company got an FTP server for my team to use. Much better, pretty sure its cheaper than whatever they were paying for dropbox too.

I make clonezila images of my HDD and store them on my backup HDD ~(+-) once a month

>2GB
You a cuck?
I have 4TB

Better set up offsite backup now.

>offsite backup
where? I'm still a student and I live with my parents.

Rsync is unidirectional, its bidirectional counterpart is Unison.

B2 and Wasabi are pretty cheap.

A secure storage provider hosted within my country instead of US-NSA gave out 1TB accounts for free.

Attached: 1508699272207.png (371x532, 281K)

I use OneDrive instead, but I guess that's not any better from a privacy perspective.

What's Nexcloud or whatever it's called like?

Which provider?

TransIP Stack

My ISP gives me 200gb to use, shit client but it's a """""free"""""" extra.

box.com or hubic

I use google drive for backing up my phd work.

I hate mega, I hate google drive, and I hate one drive. Only thing they have is I can get more space without paying money than on dropbox

Don't use any cloud service. I do recommend G Suite for some clients I have they were already using gmail so it was the best transition

Have you maxed out your referrals?