Worst CPUs you ever had to deal with

>Snapdragon 808
>heated up incredibly quick, throttled performance signifantly
>the heat problem was so bad that together with a hot battery it increased the likelihood of a bootloop occuring on the lg g4 because it would just fry the shitty solder joints
>can’t even find reliable benchmark results because it throttles during the benchmark
Qualcomm usually know what they’re doing. What were they thinking when they released this portable housefire

Attached: 768F44EF-71BA-4E2B-90EF-1234B4492E18.jpg (320x287, 29K)

>mobile cpu
What did you expect?

This, I used the Xiaomi Mi4S with the SD808 for less than half a year, switched to the Oneplus 5 with SD835 (10nm) right away, way better.

2015 was not a good year for Qualcomm.
Both the 808 and 810 were utter shit.

Mobile CPUs has always been pretty shitty, all the 8XX series overheated while the 6XX left some performance to be desired.

808 throttles less than the 810,
in single threaded benchmarks 808 is ahead while using the OoO cores.
last night I was watching some youtube videos on my g4.
with the charger plugged in, the phone started heating up.
w/o the charger, the 4 In-order cores were fired up and the phone stayed cool.
the bootloop is unrelated to the overheating of the 808-810 socs.
I am thinking of rooting my phone in order to enable disable manually the clusters and set manually the cpu frequency.
too bad that every smartphone is tuned for idiots.

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

My first build I picked and this fucker heated the case to the point the graphics card overheated and got damaged.

Attached: amd_box.jpg (270x233, 9K)

Goytium 4.
Overheating, shutdowns, throttling, what have you.

Pentium 4 3ghz HT
It ran absurdly hot

Upgraded to i5 2500k back in 2012, plus an SSD. Was a sweet upgrade.

SD808 in xiaomi Mi4C doesn't overheat and die, LG just did something wrong.

Have 3 Mi4c in the family with that CPU for about 3 years now and all alive, none dead, getting reasonable battery life on Nougat (about 4hrs SOT).

>68.3W TDP
maybe you should have had a bit of airflow

Holy shit, how retarded were you back then.

Probably my ryzen.

Yes to both. I reused an old case literally thinking it was just a box to stuff your components.

2016 not a good year for htc

Attached: Screenshot_20180724-150735.png (1440x2560, 438K)

>Amd A10-7800
Literally the worst desktop apu ever created.
I've had tearing, constant lag and freezing applications even with a dedicated GPU.

Attached: amd-apu-7800-1-1280x1024.jpg (1280x1024, 110K)

>what is v-sync

Did you get a bad one user? Mine's fine.

>Snapdragon 808
I would agree with this. One of the main reasons I got rid of my Blackberry Priv was due to how ridiculously hot these things got and how badly they throttled. It got to the point where I could not use the phone while it was charging or in the sun on a summer's day without having it complain about overheating. Never had any device that was incapacitated by sunlight, like a fucking vampire mates.

>Pentium 4 3ghz HT
This is a close second, although I had a case with really good airflow so I could keep the internals somewhat cool. I remember I was pretty jelly of my friend's custom Athlon build

>vsync
>doing anything when your game is cpu bottlenecked

>finally score a dual 1 GHz Quicksilver G4 for a whole $5
>bring it home and set it up with an OS 9.2.2+10.4 dual boot
>boot into 9.2.2 to rice it with Kaleidoscope
>giving memory warnings out the ass on boot
>system profiler only reports on-die cache
>the shitty module runs so hot it literally desoldered its own L3 cache
>heatgun it
>works for two hours and then fucks itself again
>repeat the process several times then give up and shelf it and decide to only use it in the winter
miss me with this gay housefire shit

Attached: dualg4mod.jpg (879x804, 150K)

I miss that shit too man. I beat the ever loving shit out of mine. Even encoded mp4 videos for 24+ hours at a crack. That thing made so much heat it was insane it literally melted the desk behind my tower

Attached: Picture 1.png (1184x947, 1015K)

It was pretty nice when it worked, now I've got a dual-core 2.3 GHz G5 to burn my house down with instead.

2500k thanks to Intel the lack of security kills this once golden goose.