NetBSD 8.0 released

netbsd.org/releases/formal-8/NetBSD-8.0.html
What do you think Jow Forums?

Attached: NetBSD.svg.png (357x279, 19K)

Why should I use this over openbsd, freebsd, or dragonflybsd?

Have a sparc machine?

Jealous for the llvm sanitizers and their kernel integration, I bet it would catch hella lot bugs in OpenBSD. The NetBSD development is surprisingly active.

does this work with memepads, particularly x200 pad?

who cares about bsd cucks

Maybe after systemd is ported I will then check out a BSD.

i am going to give it a try, i hope NetBSD-8.0 supports my hardware, AMDGPU Radeon RX580 and Ryzen 7 1700 CPU

>initial support for USB 3.0
>initial support
>for usb 3.0
>2018
Into the trash it goes

poettering get out

I think NetBSD supports a lot of old hardware. I've used FreeBSD and OpenBSD in the past, the former is more of a desktop OS and the latter is more of a server OS. Not sure what Dragonfly's USP is.

it's more hipster

As an sdf.org member I’ve been using this for a long while. It’s good.

I use OpenBSD and Devuan at home as well as Raspbian.

I think we're going to see some BSD shill for the next few day.

Attached: 1532359600861.gif (342x342, 777K)

me again, i booted up the DVD and when i was going through the install (in text mode) NetBSD kept putting text on my screen from the syslog or messages that are normally printed to a logfile in /var/log and would make the install choices unreadable, i had to stop

is there a way to make that not happen

me again again, i will be back a few times today looking for a reply with a solution, if i dont find one i will be forced to abandon NetBSD, i was hoping to dual boot along side Slackware and just add it to Slackware's grub or lilo.conf

It will comfortably run in as little as 8MB RAM.

Don't tell them about thunderbolt.

Did you try reading the messages to see if they're telling you something?

Can't wait to install it on my Dreamcast with all my other mods *sip*

Attached: DiTwl8kWkAI7DiY.jpg:large.jpg (1925x1130, 254K)

Usually you want to run NetBSD on older hardware instead of the ones you listed.
Yes.
It's focus is working on many different architectures, meaning it supports tons of older hardware, which makes USB 3.0 not much of a priority.
Also pretty good for embedded systems.
What are the messages exactly?