pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good multithreaded work use CPUs
>i5-8400 - Best value for gaming
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best mixed usage
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>1070Ti, G-sync optional
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 1483974609716.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ghQGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/R79Mw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/Xy7x29
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/L9h7vn
techtimes.com/articles/220627/20180208/cow-urine-now-being-sold-health-drink-india.htm
pcpartpicker.com/user/mcwaffles2003/saved/zyrxGX
guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-gives-away-kinston-ssd-with-the-purchase-of-a-1050-or-1060.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ghQGG
Rate this build and inform me about any noteworthy flaws about this. I'm on a budget ,so I can't go buying stuipid expensive parts. Only going for about a mid-range gaming PC.
Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock - B360 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card
Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

But I'm Indian and I shill Nvidia

How's this look for roughly $900? I actually need the extra RAM so please don't recommend dropping to 8 GB. Also, pretend that the motherboard is a comparable B450 board and not B350.

Last thing, I sincerely don't need 2 TB of storage so I really don't care if it's only a small jump in price. I'm willing to shave a few bucks there.

pcpartpicker.com/list/R79Mw6

Depends on how often you shit in the street

Disregard tine B450 comment, I forgot I switched to X470.

Is the m.2 worthy?

The mobo isn't that great, slow ass RAM, shit SSD and you can use the stock cooler to save money.
The fact that all second gen Ryzen boards below $150 are trash triggers me beyond reason.

Do you need sequential R/W for productivity tasks or have no room for 2.5" like most new laptops? If the answer is no then you don't need meme.2

Get b-die ram and drop cooler

Based and redpilled, though that 72 fps bullshit needs to go. Only that paid shill namefag will oppose what I'm saying because he's an uninformed retard who thinks a 290 and 390 are different cards and that multi monitor doesn't work on Nvidia.

Can you redpill me on gsync? Is it needed with a 144hz monitor if i average 80fps? (1440p+1070ti if it matters)

>Get b-die ram and drop cooler
Done.
>The mobo isn't that great, slow ass RAM, shit SSD and you can use the stock cooler to save money.
I really don't need an expensive motherboard. Here's something with a much better SSD though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Xy7x29

>retard
If you can peg constantly well over 100fps, I'd say its probably not needed. But if you're only getting 80 fps I'd say it's probably worth while.

That's what I thought, thanks senpai

Attached: 1521676312658.jpg (570x570, 47K)

Will they rename the 1180ti as the 1180+? If they're calling it 1100 then how come that one benchmark showed the gtx 2080?

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 or Asus ROG Maximus X Formula?
>Inb4 waah buy something cheaper

I5 2500k will live on forever

Attached: Intel_Socket_1155.jpg (1929x1913, 874K)

Get a 2700x or wait for 7nm?

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

What's your current setup?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1006x541, 85K)

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/L9h7vn Planning to be able to play new games with 60fps in high preferably. Budget is £1300 with £200 for my monitor. Thanks guys.

You can get better ram for cheaper.
Consider rx580.
You can get a fully modular PSU for the same price.

Eh, I don't think that's too bad, if you can afford to wait a year 7nm would be worth it.

Is that CPU at least overclocked?

yeah 4.3ghz

>666 MHz

But why?

It's 1333 on dual channel.

Pretty bad OP

>tfw waiting for 1440p/144hz g-sync monitor prices to come down

I'll be waiting for a long time huh

>Consider storeMi
What's that?
And what graphics card I should get if I am okay with 720p?

>And what graphics card I should get if I am okay with 720p?
a console

>>ryzen requires the virgin blood to be infused with the RAM and holy water to be splashed over the motherboard before it will post and then you must have it blessed by an italian monk named frederico for it to overclock
This is true though.

Attached: all-might--9.35.jpg (210x240, 19K)

This

a week ago i did my rizen 2200g build and now i would like to move to linux. i need a distro that is not botnet hahahhahahahhahha and that works out of the box with a 2200g. if theres none what distro should i use and how to i go my way to make it work with my 2200g? i was thinking about manjaro so someone help me/

I didn't have much trouble getting mine to POST
it didn't POST the first time but I just double checked my power connectors and GPU seating and it worked after that

1050 ti
It should also handle 1080p on lower settings.

Looking at Freesync monitors. Specifically 1080p, preferably with a 35-144hz range.
AOC G2460PF
or
MSI G24C
?

Actual new thread

Buy windows

Blasphemy

Seems like this one has won user

First time building here, how do I go about updating the bios the safest way? I heard via internet isn't as reliable as through the usb.

Salty drone that OP isnt shilled lol

What's the best GPU model I can get for $170?

the amd gods wanted to give me an easy time with my first amd build

Stay away from VA panels, they have issues
1050Ti

Memes aside the Vega56 is actually better if you don't care about power consumption and can find one for the same/similar price of a 1070Ti.

Gaming 7. I have it, can easily recommend it. Looks better than the anus one

A very long time. Just take a loan and get the pg279q.

Would this cheapo 32" 4K monitor make sense? Advertised response time 12ms, user reports say ~32ms all-told input lag. 32ms seems to be about standard for TVs (as opposed to monitors) according to displaylag.com. I don't consider myself sensitive to latency provided it's not ridiculous, but I haven't really played games on a "TV" class display in a long time so I don't have a good reference point.

Pros:
+ Large (basically as big as you can go until you'd start calling it a "TV")
+ 4K
+ IPS (might be a case of a VA advertised as IPS, not sure)
+ Cheap
Cons:
- Input latency
- 60hz
- Somewhat shady seller
- No HDR (but I understand cheap HDR monitors are worthless anyway)

Attached: 2018-07-24 16_40_38-Window.png (716x529, 215K)

I wouldn't buy it.

I've never had any issues using the internet updater. It doesn't need a constant connection throughout the update; it just downloads the file to memory and then works from that. Really no different from a USB update.

I'm assuming that by "via internet" you mean the BIOS' built-in internet update option, not using a Windows tool. Never use Windows tools to update a BIOS.

Thanks for the reply, but to be honest, it doesn't really help me make a purchasing decision. Why wouldn't you buy it? Is there a particular dealbreaker or is just not what you'd personally want in a monitor?

I could buy one right now but the thought of spending $700 on a monitor is kinda crazy to me, I've spent like $100-200 previously, granted those are low-mid tier monitors at best.

I'm considering waiting for black friday

Actually you don't need any sync for high refresh rate monitors

wow, that's a long response time.

There are much better options at that price. Why dont you check pcpp

i have a samsung tv that has a "gaming mode" which reduces the input lag and it's fine but without it it's totally unplayable, if that monitor doesn't have a way to reduce input lag is not worth at all. You are going to notice the difference and is disgusting.

Yes I did mean the built in internet bios update. I'm not sure of what you mean by the windows tool to update bios, what is that?

Take solace in the fact that I want one too and it costs $1200 here. I would weep with joy if I had the opportunity to buy it for 700.

I thought something was wrong with my switch until i realize i had to manualy set it to gaming mode to not have terrible input lag on my samsung too. It works pretty well once that is enables

It's a TV response time, not a monitor's. Thing is, I'm not sure that would actually bother me. I'm happy playing games at 30fps for example.
Not really. After this, the next 4K 28" is £300 shipped (Samsung U28E590D). Is that really worth it?
displaylag says 32ms is normal for a TV in game mode.

That's good- Just ignore the Windows tool, it's never worth using. The BIOS' internet update is fine.

ouch now that is crazy

(Me)
Actually, wait, I completely confused myself there. I'm not interested in 28" panels, and the next 4K 32" is over £360. So the monitor I'm considering is the only one of its class in the price bracket.

Could you link a monitor that you think would be better for

Because of the input lag and no HDR.
If you're going to go 4K, don't do it half-assed, you're better off with 1440p or even 1080p.

>Could you link a monitor that you think would be better for

So he pisses in bottles but just shits on the floor?

whats a good and proven hackintosh build

A mac

>But I'm Indian and I shill Nvidia
bhai ye nvidia hota kya h... i m new in Jow Forums

I already have a 1440p. I intend to hand down my current 1080p secondary monitor to a family member, which gives me a good excuse to go shopping for a 4K screen as my new primary/make my 1440p my secondary.
HDR would be nice but a decent implementation of it is completely out of my budget.
Usage is a mixture of productivity (mainly text editing) and single-player gaming. I rarely play twitch FPSs like csgo, and when I do it's only on casual mode.

Any other reliable sites to buy windows 10 from? I know kinguin is reliable just checking to see if there are anymore but I might go with them.

>I rarely play twitch FPSs like csgo, and when I do it's only on casual mode.
Whether you'll notice the slower response time is completely up to you. For the majority of users though (according to the market) that's pretty slow and I personally would notice it. I've never heard of that brand, no HDR and it's probably cheap materials/screen. But if you only care about hitting that 4k resolution then I guess it'll work.

Not sure if you're looking for opinions or asking us to agree with your choice. It's not a good monitor like others have said.

funny, i just put mine together and it posted without even a video card (2700x)

Need help.
>2k budget(+shipping) USD$
>Need it for video editing, though I'd like for it to be able to run a games with 80 fps(at 1080p)
>Monitor: Two monitor setup. Either of them don't have to be very big. My laptop has a full screen resolution of 1366 x 768. I would like something bigger than that at least. Graphics card should be geared for 1080p 80 fps games.

ebay?

my s405 (49" 4k tv) has a response time les than half that (14ms)

I think this might be important
>Size: I have an empty room that's comfy in size so I don't really care about the physical size of the rig.

You're a disappointment OP, replace coca cola with cow piss.
techtimes.com/articles/220627/20180208/cow-urine-now-being-sold-health-drink-india.htm

pcpartpicker.com/user/mcwaffles2003/saved/zyrxGX

add a 1060 and you should be set

Know any specific reliable sellers?

Wait for ryzen 2?

Attached: _0.png (160x160, 12K)

My vendor only has Toshiba HDD.
And knowing them its probably been sitting around for a year or 2.
Anyways is it safe to get a 3tb? For the valuable per GB it seems like I no brainer but I remember 3tb having huge failure rate years ago.
Should I get it? I checked amazon and one bloke said his died 3 months in and Toshiba won't do anything so what show I do?
Get 2tb instead?
P

OK, thanks for the input. I don't want to be one of those people who ask for advice, disregard it entirely, and buy whatever they were thinking of in the first place. I continue to hesitate because
>I want to buy a 4K monitor
>I don't want to pay more than £300
>I would much prefer a 32" panel to 28", because I want to keep 100% scaling
>This is the only product that meets those specs

>the amd gods wanted to give me an easy time with my first amd build
Indeed... You must be a wizard

1c/4t
Perfection

It's a damn good upgrade, but at this point in the year it's better to wait for Ryzen 3rd gen. Just buy a DDR4 RAM kit if you find it cheap/on sale, because prices aren't going down any time soon, and wait next year for the new gen CPU/mobo.

Get a proper good 32" 4K VA monitor instead from the 350-500€/£/$ range instead.

Much better long term value.

>It's 1333 on dual channel.
You can easily overclock it to 1600 in bios and tighten timings if you want more out of it.
It'll help get you like 5fps if your dying

overclocking your ram is bad

If you are going to buy a new computer, isn't a bad idea, we are talking about OC an DDR3

Fuck timings, go full bandwidth, that's what games and programs these days crave. 2Ghz CL12 is achievable on most kits at 1.65V, which is max recommended unless you fuck around with the VTT voltage or whatnot to push it a bit more without any risk of damaging the memory controller on the CPU.
Remember CL/mhz gives you your latency, so you just raise your frequency as far as it can go at very loose timings and then just tighten timings.
As for stresstesting it, I found Excel, Firefox and Avast to be the best indicators of unstable memory overclock.

>guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-gives-away-kinston-ssd-with-the-purchase-of-a-1050-or-1060.html
ayyy

Is there a good quality PC controller that's similar to a PS3? (Dual analog next to each other, good D-pad)

So many scammers on Amazon selling fake PS3 controllers and the PC controllers I see have the same shitty X-box d-pad and weird analog placements.

Attached: look.webm (358x640, 1.83M)

Trying to get rid of stock, eh
Pretty bad SSD but the deal is still worth it.

DS4?

>>I want to buy a 4K monitor
>>I don't want to pay more than £300
It's called compromising. It's the reality of the specs you want.
>>This is the only product that meets those specs
This should concern you. What makes this no name company so different that they built something for such a lower cost that there's no other competition?

But hey go ahead and buy it and report back. Maybe it's a gem. If it's not at least others will know not to buy it.

what the fuck is that

grappic card hai bhai issey bidio game chalti hai