pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: Casemodding_microwave.jpg (586x380, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

matrixwarehouse.co.za/669-hard-drive-2tb-desktop.html
pcpartpicker.com/user/the_woos/saved/LrRGGX
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Clocked-Graphic-06G-P4-4995-KR/dp/B00YDAYOK0
komplett.no/wishlist/shared/6f2be339-785f-4351-8886-3fe0296aa1a9
amazon.com/dp/B07CVL2D2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_397vBbZS0AWSA
evga.com/midweekmadness/
youtube.com/watch?v=TNksuz1Qz3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Jow Forums

The nvidia leak looks super fake, its like it was meant to be leaked and read by the public.

That's been the general consensus.

"Leaks" in general are a joke, most happen on purpose and are a marketing stunt.

Looking at Freesync monitors. Specifically 1080p, preferably with a 35-144hz range.
AOC G2460PF
or
MSI G24C
?

THERES ALREADY A THREAD UP

stop spreading lies, d&c shill

>OP image made by Intel shill

keep /pol on /pol

>Intel shill IMMEDIATELY accusing anyone recommending non Intel products of antisemitism

Attached: 1418042204336.jpg (452x523, 20K)

The MSI one has slower response times but it's a VA panel, both are good options

>accused of antisemitism
>denies everything
your avatar is LITERALLY from an antisemitic cartoon. It's like you shills aren't even trying.

What's a good mobo/ram to pair with i7-8086K?

>hurr muh 60000000000 gorillion durr

Attached: intelaviv.jpg (506x385, 107K)

asus fatal1ity threadripper is pretty good

>shintel
Thats an AMD thread

>asus fatal1ity

How do I build a computer inside a microwave

tune the frequency of the cpu overclocking so it cancels out with the microwave rays and you can run at infinity GHz with zero heat

>false-flagging this hard
painting your rivals fans as anti-semitic is pretty low to stoop, even for intel.
You should spend more money on r&d and less on gorilla marketing

Well said fellow chosen one. You sure showed that evil nazi anti-semite.
Upvote!

Attached: 1385824940405.png (450x488, 302K)

If I wanted to make a 1080p/60fps gaming system but running the games in a windows VM under linux. Would an R7 2700x and RX 580 be sufficient? Or would it be a better idea to go 1070ti. I know theres a 5-10% overhead when playing through vm

I've read that the Z370 Gaming 7, the Maximus X Hero and the Z370 Fatal1ty K6 are good options

My vendor only has Toshiba HDD.
And knowing them its probably been sitting around for a year or 2.
Anyways is it safe to get a 3tb? For the valuable per GB it seems like I no brainer but I remember 3tb having huge failure rate years ago.
Should I get it? I checked amazon and one bloke said his died 3 months in and Toshiba won't do anything so what show I do?
Get 2tb instead?

Toshiba released new P300 series HDDs last year, their 3TB version should be fine.
To be safe go for 2TB.

My vendor only has Toshiba HDD.
And knowing them its probably been sitting around for a year or 2.
Anyways is it safe to get a 3tb? For the valuable per GB it seems like I no brainer but I remember 3tb having huge failure rate years ago.
Should I get it? I checked amazon and one bloke said his died 3 months in and Toshiba won't do anything so what show I do?
Get 2tb instead?
>My vendor only has Toshiba HDD.
>And knowing them its probably been sitting around for a year or 2.
>Anyways is it safe to get a 3tb? For the valuable per GB it seems like I no brainer but I remember 3tb having huge failure rate years ago.
>Should I get it? I checked amazon and one bloke said his died 3 months in and Toshiba won't do anything so what show I do?
>Get 2tb instead?
>Toshiba released new P300 series HDDs last year, their 3TB version should be fine.
>To be safe go for 2TB.
I think I'll play it safe thanks
Its the biggest chain store in the country but the have small inventory. Like they still only got 7th gen Intel. Only got 8th this month and only have ryzen 1700 and 1800 of amd.
These people hold things for long and don't even list decent description
2tb item number is hdd2tbsata.
So I can't even look up what they really got so I'm sure they're hiding that for a reason.

Don't you have some other source? If they try to sell you Sata 300 instead 600 tell them to go to hell.

matrixwarehouse.co.za/669-hard-drive-2tb-desktop.html
Here is the link.
Problem is I'm buying other things so I want to get it all together in one go. And the HHD is the only thing they don't provide enough for me to really know what I'm buying

>SATA 600 7200RPM 64MB
Those are the specs of the P300 but could be it's some other drive. You should see details when they give you the drive.
Only take originally packaged and sealed drives, you don't want a refurb one.

Nah they wouldn't give me refurb.
I tried looking up on the Toshiba website to try get an idea what they'll give me
I'd go to the store myself but its about 20k's away and my cars fucked. I'll take my chances but if I'm not satisfied I won't even open it just try return it.

Based and redpilled

no truth to it whatsoever

Attached: 1531982206385.png (536x622, 362K)

DELID

Is the 1060 6gb really a good deal? I don't wanna have to upgrade 2 years down the line.

wait a few months then. new Nvidia GPUs launching in a few months, and AMD is launching something around January

>this voltage
is this normal or is my house gonna burn down?

Attached: voltage.jpg (1433x784, 138K)

>what is google?
Your fine. You'll have your reenactment of Chernobyl in no time bru.

Building this as an all purpose PC that will stay relevant for a few years.

Attached: untitties.jpg (1113x611, 171K)

>all purpose PC
In that case you're better off with the 2700(X).
Why the m.2 NVMe SSD? Do you need the sequential performance? If not get a 1TB SATA SSD instead.
With Vega 64 you may want to get a 850W PSU, Sapphire recommends this for their Nitro+ version.

or, if the shiny lights should be left off

Attached: untitties.jpg (1109x618, 163K)

Is it normal to have roughly 10 degree difference between cores in OCCT/Prime? It's a 3570K, DELETed, I've reapplied the metal twice already and core #1 and 2 are still hotter than 0 and 3 by 8 and 5 degrees respectively at max and by 12 and 9 degrees on average for the whole 20min of stresstest.

My GPUs are dying gonna need something to replace it.
What i have now :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

32gb ( I know I know...)

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series x 2 ( both dying )

1 SSD 500gb
1 HDD 2tb

Ideally id change only the GPU but if needed I could do more. I game with it (euiv , r6, kingdom come deliverance, HoI 4, etc.)

I also do lab test on it with many VMs

Suggestions ?

all of ryzen is a pain in the ass and not worth it.

and i went with the nvme because yolo

and the vega 64 is actually recommended to pair with a 750w psu

but hey what do i know i'm just some random guy online

Attached: amdreq.jpg (1283x227, 36K)

What do you guys think of this? I hardly game anymore but would like to get back into CS:GO.

Really all I need is for everything to work well with Linux (Ubuntu and Arch), be able to push 200fps on CS:GO while playing on lower settings (I play competitively so I prefer 4:3 stretched at 720-1080p), and to come in around $1,250 USD.

I’m mainly worried about which 580 and Mobo that I purchase due to Linux support (or lack of it). Also I’m not positive the D15 will fit. I was also considering the D14 (smaller and quieter) or going with a NZXT or Corsair AIO (I’d have to change my case to support a top mounted radiator) but I’m not sure how well those AIOs work with Linux.

P.S. I know a 250GB SSD isn’t much, I have other drives I will add. This is just for one of my operating systems, CS:GO and maybe a few other games, and an additional 50GB worth of software.

Attached: 0E902D5F-02AF-4830-9242-20AA383CD4F1.jpg (500x625, 109K)

people are going to tell you that your cooler is overkill

people are going to tell you that you should opt for a higher capacity SATA drive instead of that expensive NVMe drive

People are going to tell you that you can find a cheaper motherboard that will work just as well

But ultimately it's your money

First of all how do you know the GPUs are dying. Rest of the PC looks ok, you can confront the webpage of your motherboard to check if it supports 4930K/4960K and check ebay for them, slap a big ass fucking tower cooler on it, overclock it and use it for another decade.

QUICK

anything wrong with this? Do I need a cooler for that CPU ?

Attached: chrome_2018-07-24_23-09-05.png (830x741, 61K)

>I only wanted confirmation for my bad choices
>that spacing
Enjoy buyers remorse, you're not worth my time.

Why don't you get B450?
Why the meme.2 NVMeme?
Other than that maybe get b-die RAM and cooler is needed if you want comfortable temps, stock one isn't that bad though.

I dont know I chose a cheap one
Isnt it faster thus better when copying/compiling big projects?
What is b-die?

I get visual glitch, overheat and one is clearly showing sign of physical distress from its fan. But in any case they are starting to be lacking the power needed. So if the rest of the build is ok I'll just change them

>Isnt it faster thus better when copying/compiling big projects?
NVMe is only good for sequential R/W, if you really have massive projects it may be worth.
>What is b-die?
Better, more expensive RAM that will guaranteed run at advertised speeds on Ryzen, typical spec is 3200 CL14.

850w power supply

can u link me? I can't find anything with b-die

Nigga it's literally just 3200 CL14....

oh ok thanks

I plan on overclocking the CPU. Is it really that overkill? What cooler would you recommend? I don’t want a Hyper 212 and prefer Noctua products anyways.

I want the NVMe drive for aesthetics since I will be occupying the 2.5” slots in the back with two SATA SSDs (I prefer separate drives for each OS instead of partitions).

The motherboard just seems to be the one that’s recommended the most for Linux users. If there’s something just as reliable for cheaper (that’s black or gray colored) please link me. I really like Gigabyte and ASUS as well as ASRock.

Can I use a i5-8400 in my h170 board? they are both LGA1151 sockets..

aorus gaming 7 + ripjaws x rgb

>Can I use a i5-8400 in my h170 board?
No. Not without some modding and an unofficial hacked BIOS, at least.
>they are both LGA1151 sockets..
You sweet, summer child. You should have known Intel was going to fuck you like this when you bought it. That's why you don't buy their chipsets and CPUs when you can avoid it.

A socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear has been a meme since then.

ok just checking. I have an i5-6600 and im looking to upgrade my gpu from a r9 390 to a 1070ti. Bottlenecker says that my i5-6600 would be a 12% bottle neck for the GPU

so then I was thinking just to go i5-8400 and 1070ti, but that would necessitate a new mobo.. I already have the ram, SSD, HD

buy a used 1080ti when prices dip after 11 series comes out, it'll be a far better deal.

Does anyone know how well this board runs Linux? Any other suggestions around $150 or less?

Attached: aur.jpg (500x398, 51K)

You shouldn't worry much about the bottleneck. Upgrade your CPU later unless your trying to push as much fps as you can but as is just with the 1p70ti you should be fine with 60fps.
Try it out and if your not satisfied then upgrade the CPU but I don't think its worth it yet

Forgot to post the link to the parts I will be using with said motherboard.

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Clocked-Graphic-06G-P4-4995-KR/dp/B00YDAYOK0

>when prices drop

What's with all these kuniux users?
Why?

Because the only game I really play is CS:GO and it runs native on Linux. So there is no reason for me to switch to Windows 10 just to play a game.

Can /pcbg/ tell me why this build is retarded?

I already have a case
Yes I like RGB, get off my dick please

Sorry for using a Norwegian website but ordering from outside of Norway will add 25% + 50 dollars so fuck that

Woohoo, forgot link. Maybe I'm the retarded part

komplett.no/wishlist/shared/6f2be339-785f-4351-8886-3fe0296aa1a9

That PSU is utter garbage.

I've been using a cheap HP TN monitor for a few years and I'm looking into upgrading to a larger, better display now that I have the space. Is the Dell UltraSharp P2715Q (pic related) still a good choice? It's currently $366 on amazon. I rarely play video games so gamer functionality is of no interest to me - I just need a decent sized screen with good blacks and accurate colors for watching movies, animu, web browsing, and programming.
Also, will I experience any scaling issues on GNU/Linux if I decide to go for this 4K display?
One more thing - I've heard stories of people buying IPS monitors and getting shafted by backlight bleed and ghosting. If anyone has this monitor or a Dell UltraSharp in general, can they vouch for it?

Attached: 71el66fx1zL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 115K)

Ok, suggestions? Also what's wrong with it? (Still learning so would love and explanation for the future)

how fucked am I guys

Attached: 39f2579e-c91d-4713-96a1-ffd53918a3d0.jpg (768x1280, 183K)

Corsair budget PSUs are all trash and you don't want to go cheap on your PSU.
Get EVGA G3 or Seasonic Focus Plus.

You are "get a new mobo" kind of fucked.
>trips of doom

Just got that one today, broke those pins in the most stupid way

Attached: 398459832.jpg (431x557, 16K)

Alright. But does Corsair have any good PSU's too? Would like to have corsair since I have alot of Corsair stuff. Obviously if they don't, fuck them.

High-end ones and the Veagence are good but seriously, don't be a pathetic brandwhore.
Corsair stuff is always stupidly overpriced. G.Skill RAM is cheaper and just as good, EVGA/Seasonic PSUs are better AND cheaper.

Ultra wide monitors 21:9

1080p 144hz
Or
1440p 100hz

What would you pick?

>he fell for the ssd meme
I hope there's still time.

Attached: ssd-1.png (445x472, 191K)

Couldn't get my IO shield to fit so I made this sick case mod

What do you guys think

Attached: 9N6412m.jpg (1600x1200, 282K)

So what case would you recommend between
NZXT H500
Deep Silence 4
Deep Silence 3
Define Mini
Corsair 400c
The Cuk

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-24 at 19.48.03.png (1210x1036, 551K)

>dat strand of hair stuck on the wall

are these a good pick up?
Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC Technology - 4ms | 75Hz Refresh (HDMI & VGA port) amazon.com/dp/B07CVL2D2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_397vBbZS0AWSA

I put together a mini-ITX build in a tiny Phanteks Shift case, I really like how tiny it is but I'm having some temperature problems. Because the case is so small, I went with a Corsair H60 cooler. The case doesn't have room for anything larger than 120mm so I had to settle with that.

Anyways, I'm running an 8700k at stock 3.7 clock with 1.2V core. With all my fans and shit turned to 100%, I'm idling at 50C (seems high), ambient is 25C. But when I stress test (with prime95 26.6, dunno the latest meme program for this), temps just shoot up to 100C and stay there.

Is there anything I can do besides underclock? Would undervolting further help? Am I retarded for putting an 8700k in this build? I don't mind sacrificing some performance to fix my temperature problems, but I just want to make sure I'm doing it for a good reason.

Pic is what I'm idling at right now.

Attached: file.png (520x542, 48K)

Fucking dogs coming into my room

phanteks p350x

Too Gayman, would /v/-rize my decor.

>buy rx580 based on Jow Forums recommendation
>crashes every time I play gta 5
>get unusually low fps in pubg
>pcsx2 emulation performance is utter garbage in both dx9 and ogl mode
>initially think it's a faulty card (xfx is a pretty cheap brand)
>find out these are common issues all to do with drivers
>apparently gta5 performance has been bad since release, drivers haven't been optimized for pubg and they're also bad for ogl/dx9 emulation

Imagine how shit it feels when you upgrade a piece of hardware and expect so much to only find out it's shit. Luckily a friend of mine also is in the market for a graphics card so I'm selling it to him without making that much of a loss. I'll probably just wait for the next gen Nvidia cards now or get a 1060 if I can find it for 50% off the normal prices on like black Friday or something.

When the fuck are the next GPUs coming out? Should I just buy 1080ti?

I don't want to buy it and they release a new one next year bros

Attached: 1510197597411.jpg (499x667, 74K)

the whole point of an IO shield is to prevent electrical interference, so that cardboard needs to be wrapped in tin foil

I got a 1060 6gb from EVGA for $199 but it was there "b-stock" refurbished shit

The good news is they're doing there sale in 6 hours if you can stay up for it

evga.com/midweekmadness/

I'll check this out thanks

I know, I just don't mind paying a few bucks extra,cause I like the aesthetic. Brand whore or not, it looks good to have alot of stuff with the same logo and aesthetic. Already have all peripherals from corsair, as well as case. Soo I figured I might as well.

planning to upgrade my 2012 rig soon

is an i7 6700k a good option? i would later invest in a decent water cooling system and overclock a bit

will probably get a 1060 6gb with it

Attached: 1531775772099.gif (200x270, 586K)

>next year
Then you should totally wait.
Best guess, right now, is they'll be released at the end of next month. Whether that turns out to be true, who knows but I don't think anyone has even the smallest doubt they'll be out by next year.

6700 is good but really outclassed by 8th gen. I take it you are buying used

for $250 you can buy an 8600k and that is a far superior chip in terms of multi-core and single-core performance.

h500. only problem is minimal fan support

Definetely this year. Used 10's will be much cheaper because of dogs that want to upgrade

youtube.com/watch?v=TNksuz1Qz3U

This guy apparently had an Nvidia partner as his source so hey. (Also ads are turned off as he explains in the video so what's the point of lying