Why won't this CPU die? Is this the best processor Intel has ever made?

Why won't this CPU die? Is this the best processor Intel has ever made?

Attached: i5 2500k.jpg (932x712, 185K)

It's the best processor humanity ever made

Sandy Bridge is a trooper

I don't know. I still have no plans to replace my 2600k and I've got plenty of spare cash.

It's a meme. It has had poor performance for years, autismos on Jow Forums just don't realize how much better modern processors are and keep shilling this outdated garbage.

Attached: disgusted_picard_2.jpg (768x768, 28K)

Not when you overclock the hell out of it.

Does it have the security vulnerabilities that Jow Forums has been screeching about for over a year?

Attached: 1396050684414.jpg (249x228, 7K)

Yes, all of them

crk...pshhhh

now the Q6700, that was a CPU to behold

The same reason this glorious bastard won’t die.

Attached: EC8A6882-D5D7-4F79-AAB6-AA3322C85DF7.jpg (640x592, 139K)

Yes, such a glorious processor. My X3220 is nothing more than the Xeon equivalent of the Q6600. I'm typing from it right now.

Attached: x3220.png (810x615, 101K)

Or this one

Attached: 146975_2254_draft.jpg (1880x1721, 324K)

2500k @ 4.6ghz is on par with the modern chips especially in games.

No, people just lower their standards and their settings so that they still manage to get some experience out of it.
It's already dead for 1440p+ gaming.

Bitch I am still running a Q9550 with a GTX 750. I'm sitting comfy while watching the 97-2002 history repeat itself.

That's my next purchase for this machine. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade the gpu since I don't really game much.

We've reached the limitation of silicon. Anything released in the future is just an abuse of your electricity for minor gains

That's the 486 you zoomer retard

>implying

>he has actually raised his standards for games the last ten years

guess how i know you're a scrub? a good game hasnt been released in 10 years.

yeah it's pretty fucking based, like the P4 of its time.

Yeah grandpa, don't raise your blood pressure na

I am still rocking one with a 1060. At 4.5 GHz.

go play fortnite on your iphone kid

The latest iphone has a higher multicore score on geekbench than a 2500

>gimped by a mattel&hasbro OS
>device receives an update in 2 years that kills your phone.

a 2500k can run linux, checkmate scrub

>The latest iphone has a higher multicore score on geekbench than a 2500

Attached: 1526878715165.jpg (684x546, 76K)

Fx was DOA dont kid yourself

>FX
Yeah, because it was born dead.

Yeah pretty much the best cpu, until you get a job
and have money to spend.

For me its the Q8200, the only processor I can afford

Okay hotshot, time for another one to bite the dust.
Benchmark this. My iPhone gets 4.78 seconds.
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

static jmp_buf env;

static const char* shc =
"\x55\x48\x89\xe5\x48\x89\x7d\xe8\x48\x8b\x45\xe8"
"\xc7\x00\x08\x00\x00\x00\x48\xc7\x45\xf8\x00\x00"
"\x00\x00\x48\x8b\x45\x08\x48\x89\x45\xf8\x48\x8b"
"\x45\xf8\x5d\xc3\x69\x05\x05\x01\xed\x0b\x00\xb4"
"\x47\xfe\x09\x06\xfb\x00\x9b\xf6\xde\xad\xbe\xef";

static int calculate(int a, int b)
{
do
{
a ^= b;
b = (a ^ b) & b;
b

very obvious bait

This iToddler is unironically seriously defending his gay fruit cult

Attached: 1527210543335.jpg (610x368, 50K)

It's only good because it's got a soldered IHS and you can overclock it to hell if you don't care about your power bill.

Keep telling yourself that

this is the crux of the issue. your amazing iphone is a toaster. disposible. no cooling means throttling.

how about running a bench mark that lasts more than just seconds.

you would just get BTFO'd

*yawn*
Same old memes, same old lies. Run that benchmark you retard.

im not gonna run your code kid, fuck off. back in my day, kids didn't run any arbitrary code some fucker told them to run.

My android gets 11485

>why yes I do enjoy FOSS and code audits
>except for when I have to do it, I don't know code

I was lucky enough to buy its older brother in a used dell workstation with 8gb ram for 125

Replaced the PSU, Added an SSD, Now all I need is a gtx 970 or similar price/perf

Attached: Untitled.png (481x452, 23K)

Wew lad

>he codes on his iphone

My fucking iphone has a higher resolution than your monitor

which one of my monitors? my 3 seem pretty 1440p to me

Intel knows it can't top the 2600k that is why all these security flaws are now being found. Security flaws which won't be patched on anything ivybridge or below. Better replace your processor goy

Jinkies!

Attached: Untitled.png (861x525, 29K)

I'll have to go with Ivy Bridge being the best made.
Not too old and still very relevant

Show the graph that factors in being capable of running all high end games + other pieces of software for the last 7 years. What other CPU remained that capable for so long

I don't know about long-lasting CPUs, I upgrade every gen, literally. Numbers make me feel good.

>overclocked for 6 years
>still hasnt died
getting this cpu was definitely a good decision

>they bought botnet CPUs

/thread

not in cpu intensive games at high framerates
csgo @ 300fps minimum and 128 ticks
my 3770k @ 4.8 can't do that while streaming at the same time

I have a Q9550 with a gtx 1050ti. If you want to game it's a good pair.

>streaming at the same time

Attached: 1527894319082.jpg (1080x1349, 180K)

My fx 8350 and r9 290x runs basically everything still at 60 fps with a few tweaks.

My sides. Those tweaks better not be 1024x768 resolution.

>Tweaks include putting a bag over my head until the lack of oxygen makes me hallucinate I'm getting good fps

I play at 1080p.
Can easily max out almost every popular game without ever dropping below 60 fps. Including bf1. The ones that can't be maxed out are on garbage engines like pubg.

Attached: TheEternals.jpg (3664x1114, 521K)

GTA V, witcher 3?

resolution doesn't matter for the cpu you dumb retard

Not him, but you are absolutely spastic. Lower resolution means GPU does its job faster, meaning CPU weaknesses are uncovered.

Out of my five monitors, only 1 have less resolution than the iPhone X.

iTurdX: 2740500

My monitor 1: 8294400
My monitor 2: 4096000
My monitor 3: 3145728
My monitor 4: 3145728
My monitor 5: 2073600

Great achievement there pal. Which monitor has a higher DPI than IPX?

>My fucking iphone has a higher resolution than your monitor
Already answered your weak troll attempt so don't go around stealing goal posts, put them back.

My turn to ask you how useful your iTurd is.
How many windows and programs can you have open at the same time without put any in the background/pause mode?

I own 2 for multitasking poorfag lol.

So two windows open at the same time.
Pretty worthless for multitasking then.
Can't even run FLAC files or doing proper editing.

Freetard shit.

"Cool" story iBro™

Attached: 1532455452857.jpg (464x960, 47K)

>Freetard
Now I know you're crying using your diaper to wipe your tears from your face, but who in their right mind would use a fucking phone to do actual work?
Considering you went assumed I use Android.

these really put a damper on any intel performance crowns

Attached: meltdown-spectre-100745814-large.jpg (700x457, 39K)

At least you can post an emergency status update on your favorite social media

Yes, including when you overclock the hell out of it. A stock 2600K is faster in most workloads. Don't even pretend you do anything more important than gaming on your system if you're still using a 2500K either.

Attached: watch-dogs-cpu-benchmark_2500k.png (806x583, 42K)

>Not posting the real performance per dollar king

Attached: 2017-08-26-484.jpg (4000x2248, 1.25M)

still using my 2600k

never have over clocked it either

thus prolonging its life

I'm still rolling on with my Phenom II x4 955. 8 years. No problems. Can't see replacing it anytime soon. Unless your playing the latest games, the games you do have, sooner or later you hit a wall anyway in terms of performance.

>Is this the best processor Intel has ever made?
No, but not much has happened since.

Attached: 01%20-%20Gains%20over%20Sandy_575px.png (678x436, 37K)

>The only thing to benefit from Skylake is poorly coded trash that sees gains from the super high clocked cores
Intel's a fuckin joke.

What do you mean? Only two of ten benchmarks actively regress on Skylake.

I also have a 955, paired with an R9 270. Great processor, a bit power hungry through. I don't actually think the GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU, which is incredible considering how old the latter is- it was just that good "back in the day". It can still keep up with everything I need it to do, including playing semi-recent games on medium settings with decent framerates. That being said I've slowly lost interest in games over the past 3 years, so once I get my next laptop I'll probably retire my desktop or put it on HTPC duty. But since the P9500 in my T400 is also holding its own and doing quite well, that day might also be a few years off.

I still have one of these beasts but the rig it is in has shown it's age. My GTX 660 is shit and the slow DDR3 ram with the old sata3 ssd just don't cut it anymore sadly. I use it to train neural nets in a sad corner over ssh only. It is too sad to even interact with.

>arbitrary code

Ah, I see you think this is a meme that doesn't mean anything, like a /b/tard do.

Wow, what a stupid argument. Software is so bloated and poorly optimized that they just don't demand more powerful systems now because otherwise the guy making the software can't make money.

Literally any processor can meet this benchmark, all it takes is being released in the year coders got lazy.

>autismos on Jow Forums just don't realize how much better modern processors are

This is a board infested by Linux shills who use their computers for literally nothing but screencap threads, are you surprised people here aren't more versed in actual technology and heavy usage of PCs?

>cherry picked game
>GN

niggah, you know he aint getting those frames on GTAV much less on witcher 3

the 80486 DX2 was a beast

>Don't even pretend you do anything more important than gaming
Like shitposting on a Laotian scrimshaw board?

Okay, so I think I'll make a non-contrarian, non-facetious post here, I might be the first in the thread.

Most of the people still vaunting this CPU only use it for gaming, so I have a question. What's the most CPU intensive game in the first place nowadays? Last one I heard had a serious FPS increase based on CPU was Starcraft 2.

If you are someone that uses their CPU for "real work" then stop pretending, the newest CPU is what you buy, based purely on performance/dollar, which no the 2500k isn't a winner on, no matter its clock rate.

>Okay, so I think I'll make a non-contrarian, non-facetious post here
Most coders would be fine with a 200$ laptop for their work.

Literally still not an argument in favor of the 2500K or 2600K specifically.

Love the Q9550 in the loaner I built for my roommate, basically a dedicated 45fps Overwatch machine for him lmao.

I'm having a hard time finding a reason to upgrade aside from efficiency. It doesn't bottleneck my 1060 so I don't see a reason to other than "I wanna".

>Literally still not an argument in favor of the 2500K or 2600K specifically.
Well of course, that was an off-topic (but on point) remark.

I will keep buying this mouse until they are all broken/irreparable or ridiculously expensive.

I still use it.

That's okay, dude, just don't take my reply so seriously and we seem to be good.

I'm sorry