What is the best screw shape?

What is the best screw shape?

Attached: 029D6B9B-4CBE-413F-AEDF-F97E1674DB10.jpg (467x354, 57K)

Is this the new sqt thread?
>sqt. Get it?

Attached: 1339550542734.jpg (971x872, 179K)

Fuck off with thos screw jokes m8

Counter Sunk Torx M6-10mm is the best screw.

Allen cap bolt
M5x20 grade 12.9 phosphor coated Chromo

Torx.
Fuck security Torx though.

>woodscrews

woodscrews

Attached: fermi2.jpg (614x461, 71K)

whatever macbooks use :^)

*checks board*
thought I was on there for a sec

Attached: power-socket-by-country.png (700x699, 449K)

Anything that isn't flat head. Fuck that shit.

F and A for wood and other things.
Reading comprehension fail.

Surely you mean that evil verminous abomination, the Eternal Phillips?

That's like asking which tool is the best. Doesn't matter how many people say hammer when you need to cut a board or drive a screw.

>Reading comprehension fail.
Reading comprehension fail

>mfw

Attached: 1532462378727.png (132x170, 42K)

That image is outdated as fuck.

polydrive is best drive.

I Love that screw
no >Chromo

pentalope :^)

It's not only outdated... it has some serious errors.
The U.K. socket is also used in Cyprus.
The French socket is used only in France but electronics have the male adapter configured in order to be compatible withe the german Schuko.
The Schuko is almost in every country in E.U., although it's a useless piece of shit that breaks easily and you lose ground.
I have italians for making up a completely incompatible cocket with the rest of the world.
The Swiss is the best out there, compact, ground is rigid, cheap, e.t.c.
Second comes the French, for being cheap, it almost has no flaws, except that you need a huge space for multiple sockets.

Most over-engineered is the U.K. one, I've used those sockets from the most simple one like that on the picture to the ones that have a power button and even some come with a built in fuse.
The rest are irrelevant and shouldn't exist at all.

The best socket would be a lean design from the Swiss with the features of the complex socket from U.K..

...Even power sockets can't escape the autism of this place

all grade 12.9 are chromoly though.

Attached: 1526016807814.jpg (599x589, 98K)

>He knows it all but he doesn't want to make a updated image

Flat head is the best screw drive when it comes to debris and wear. You can easily get dirt out of it, and if anything happens to it you simply grind a new flat. Very useful for things that get full of schmoo.

The feral, "comfy", "boomer", "meme" Internet skids that vandalize Jow Forums (this includes at least one moderator) seem to believe that "Technology" entails nothing more than computers, fad programming languages and cell phones.

Based

Attached: 1532468808658.jpg (1440x280, 61K)

screw shape is the rest of it, not the fucking bits shape you dumb cunt

Robertson wood screws
The leaf's choice for constructing paper houses

feminine benis

>you provided additional info
>You are dumms!

How about I actually met the criteria of the OP's question and and added some useful additions, you absolute degenerate mutt cancerous nigger.

Attached: 1526400012767.png (913x790, 86K)

Anything but round head

Phillips

No, screw you!

and square head. FUCK square head

>although it's a useless piece of shit that breaks easily and you lose ground.
wat

Really stupid question.

They are all good for different things. Some screws hold better in wood, some better in metal, some better in concrete, some are self tapping and stronger, some need a pilot hole drilled first otherwise they'll shear apart but if you're going into concrete your hand wont feel like its going to fall off by the end of the day, etc. Robertson screws are less likely to strip, but harder to drive straight than phillips (especially phillips #1 or #2 screw heads), whereas phillips screws strip way easier and after a while with #1 or #2 the bits will eventually shear apart. Pozidrive is better than phillips in high torque situations since the screw stays seated in the bit better (albeit like robertson they can sometimes get jammed if its a brand new bit). Flathead is alright I guess too, but not very common since they're slower to get lined up and tend to slip out making it super easy to stab yourself with the bit, its not terrible I guess for large screws/bolts, but in that case a torque wrench would probably be better, flathead screwdrivers are generally speaking better than everything but their intended use as a screwdriver. Hex screws are probably the best quality and least resistant to stripping, but they're more expensive

Also japan has mostly the same plugs as the US, just usually without the ground wire and also 100V instead of 110V~120V (but most switching power supplies for electronics these days are rated for at least 100V-240V so they work fine).

whatever gets you "there" OP

*wink*

Wait, it misread the korean plug for the japanese one lol. But still, their plugs are literally the US plug minus ground and slightly lower voltage.

These names aren't universal; probably the US is in its own little world again.

I used to think the British plugs were clunky, outdated relics from the 1930s until I actually lived in the UK for a bit. Now it's my favourite socket; the North American one feels outdated in comparison (all the UK plugs have fuses in them). I suppose that makes sense since the concept of an electrical socket was invented by the Americans (before these, you had to wire shit directly into your house). But yeah, go Britain. If only the British applied that over-engineering of the socket to other things they do, like building their pathetic row houses and tower blocks.

Agreed that the German plug is the worst.

>before these, you had to wire shit directly into your house
At least in America they came about because the first electrification drive did nothing but lighting. Which was indeed often hardwired. Then once people started wanting other electric appliances, they started making adapter cords to plug those appliances into light sockets. After some folks burned down their houses that way the engineers thought that maybe having a general-purpose receptacle would be a good idea.

>Running a refrigerator off a light socket

For some reason I shudder to think of this. Also, the realization that the design of the socket you plug your modern LED bulb into is over 120 years old. Legacy standards die hard once they're entrenched.

Attached: 1532013128044.jpg (317x494, 50K)

this
flat head screws are skookum as frig

Attached: 075.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Yea no idea what he's on about the german one is pretty solid

Robertson for wood, hex and alen bolts for machines.

A nail screw

Hex and Alen are the same dumbass

Talking hex for socket wrenches, cuck.

There is no best screw as they need to be different for different applications.
But..
>based Robertson head
Anything else = into the trash it goes.

Attached: 15c095bc19789e22f7655ef8bb8be3be.jpg (431x450, 33K)