*blows your microwave back to the fucking stone age*

*blows your microwave back to the fucking stone age*

Attached: 393D4865-D5EA-41FB-B9E7-AB3DFC95DD7F.jpg (770x602, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/freescales-radio-frequency-oven-the-end-of-the-microwave/
archive.fo/aFXWb)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like a trash can.

wut dat?

Attached: bcmwjk.jpg (474x432, 25K)

so does your mom

What can it do that my microwave can't (apart from costing $2000)?

That's some very bad CGI.

hmmm

Attached: telling.png (280x178, 50K)

>literally putting a cellphone phone mast inside your home to cook tendies

Attached: Ampleon-Solid-State-LDMOS-Transistor-1.jpg (298x265, 17K)

But what is it?

Attached: rats4_0.webm (761x550, 424K)

kek

NXP/Freescale Sage solid-state cooker

In English doc

Attached: 89E4849027734B55955B8ABD3E485209.jpg (680x402, 25K)

RF cooker, like a microwave, but using radio rather than microwaves. Its cooks faster, more evenly, uses less power and doesnt require a moving magnetron. But this is just a prototype by Freescale. They're not going to make it, just licence or sell the RF components.

Pls no, we dont need more shit clogging up the 2.4ghz band

>turns on "solid state cooker"
>All wifi connections in the neighbourhood drop out

Attached: 4rn32ix3p6y01.jpg (1000x935, 215K)

>neighbors forced to stop being retards and use ethernet
nice

nice, my microwave didn't give me cancer fast enough

Does it work without an active Internet connection?

yes

>internet connected kitchen device

Attached: 1532315151760.jpg (600x600, 101K)

What wavelength radiowaves?

fuck man, are there ANY companies not in the personal consumer electronics space that are putting out quality products that include memes like touchscreens/bluetooth/wifi? it's seriously like every company out there has cut corners on UX and it's always for the worst.

that DON'T* include memes

A SoC with a bluetooth radio and some hacked together piece of shit linux distro jacks the price up by a good 30% to normies, so no.

a thread died for this

This thread is actually interesting and very much tech related.

wrong

sage this shit

whats wrong gay-mer? mad cuz your gay-mer pc thread sucked ass?

>Using radio waves rather than microwaves
>A moving magnetron
Magnetrons aren't solid state
Jesus Christ. What is it like being this mentally defective?

Attached: 15145152817811.png (586x578, 37K)

Missed the meme arrow on that third point.
>Magnetrons aren't solid state

nobody needs a microwave. its the shittiest way to make food there is. if you rely on a microwave you should learn how to cook. your body will thank you

Attached: 1383149711550.png (500x374, 218K)

Should I get something like an instantpot?
What's the latest /ck/ memes that are actually worth getting? I'm about to throw out literally my entire kitchen so I want to see if I can reduce my appliances and shit.

Instant pot is awesome. I've bought tons of gimmick appliances but I use that thing at least twice a week since I got it in 2015 to this day. Rice, beans, stew, soup, dozens of eggs at once, even fucking ribs. Perfect every time.

>汚い口の猫
>強制的な貫通
why would you ever save, let alone post this image?

Is this another episode of rich investors being retarded?

>he doesn't microwave frozen pizza

Attached: 1531504069601.gif (384x269, 60K)

Nice, that settles it. I really like white rice and baked beans so why not.

it comes out wet and goopy user. that shits gross.

I don't even play video games

I used to think people like you were faggots until I started to learn how to cook. It's a bit rough for the first week or two, but once you get the hang of it, food just tastes so much better. Even cold take-out tastes much better heated up in the toaster oven. I don't think I've used my microwave for a month or two now, and even when I did, it was just to heat up coffee for someone who was visiting.

>non-ionizing radiation can cook tendies
lolwut?

>non ionizing
>non ionizing
>non ionizing

Attached: 1478003153109.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Okay, that made me laugh

MICROWAVES ARE LITERALLY USELESS FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT POPCORN

IT SHOULD BE CALLED THE POPCORN MACHINE, NOTHING ELSE SHOULD EVER BE MICROWAVED

Looks like an iMac Pro

lmao of course not how could it work without a smartphone app???

What the fuck else would you use for re-heating food?

user, even if you know how to cook, having a microwave is still helpful. You cook a big fucking casserole, you cut yourself a serving, and you put the rest in the fridge. The next morning, do you fucking preheat the oven and then put the casserole in for a few minutes? Fuck no, you put it in a goddamn microwave you retarded piece of shit. That's what they're there for.

I eat nothing but microwaved food and my body is fine. git gud.

>he doesn't Paleo cook and reheat his leftover Chinese food with an outdoor Earth Oven

What is it? A radio oven?

I don't have a microwave.

it make whirring noise it must be spinning

>>Using radio waves rather than microwaves
How does this 100% correct statement make him dumb?

they have problems with the sensors and the seals. they're a meme

>i dont know what the word ionizing means

Why not get a convection microwave? Best of both worlds.

uh, microwaves *are* radio waves
duh

HOW COME I DONT HEAR MUSIC WHEN I MAKE POPCORN THEN HMM SMARTGUY

No, radio waves are radio waves. Microwaves are the next step on the EM spectrum. Even going by the higher frequency minimum of 1GHz microwave ovens still use microwaves and not radio waves as they operate at 2.4GHz.

>what is a Faraday cage

What is this?

Look up RF for a fucking second please, you will find that it it comprises in many more frequency ranges than you think. Not just am and fm.

Radio waves are EM waves from 30 Hz to 300 GHz. Microwaves are EM waves from 300 MHz to 300 GHz.

Yes microwaves are RF but after 300-1000MHz they're no longer radio waves but microwaves.

The entirety of the Microwave spectrum is encompassed by the entire radio frequency. Radio waves cover a much wider range of frequencies than Microwaves.

> not doing that for great tendies and cell signal

In other words when referring to radio waves it's generally considered to be those frequencies not in a superset such as microwaves.

Why the fuck is it such a retarded shape?
suuuurre just take up an entire work surface in my kitchen you cunt.

Attached: Sage-Quick-Touch-Microwave-Ref-18919-£279.99-b.jpg (1735x1046, 1.24M)

Buy popcorn kernels, pour olive oil in a pan until the bottom is covered, turn the heat to max, throw the kernels inside, put cover over pan with some space for the gasses to escape, wait, let it pop till you hear almost nothing, remove from heater, sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over the popcorn
There you have it, a delicious healthy style popcorn, nice, tasty, simple, a hearty meal, warm vibrant, full of that rich olive popcorn flavor with a mouthwatering smell.
You can use other oils like coconut or others to make it too

>solid-state cooker
how much is the latency?

not true, you can make 4-5 perfect poached eggs ez mode

1) put 60-80ml water into bowl
2) add in 4 eggs
3) paper plate on top
4) cook for 50 + 40 + 30 + 20 seconds until you get the timings right (spin the bowl 45° each go)
5) stick a fork and drain the excess water

good base for any meal, no mess

>(spin the bowl 45° each go)
Do you seriously not have a microwave with a carousel in 2018?

>need to heat up a cup of coffee
>some faggot on Jow Forums convinced you to throw away your microwave

Attached: 1495392749251.png (593x635, 337K)

actually you could probably cook it for one time but I am a turbo autist and like it cooked evenly

>what is a kettle

kek

Attached: 1532503531599.png (625x773, 143K)

>putting anything other than water in a kettle

Attached: cia_doesnt_quite_understand_but_is_intrigued_to_hear_more.gif (280x358, 2.53M)

what is a kettle

I was assuming he meant water. Why would you heat coffee? Don't you brew it?

Sage goes in all fields

Impolite of you to not post a source, OP.
zdnet.com/article/freescales-radio-frequency-oven-the-end-of-the-microwave/ (archive.fo/aFXWb)
Anyway, you know what actually blows your microwave back to the fucking stone age (sometimes literally)? A fucking pressure cooker.
Pic related plus it doesn't not interfere with Wi-Fi, apparently.

Attached: 4286211d73d5779078d9ac6af3f0deed552cf832.jpg (770x551, 63K)

Is that Jony Ive?

I don't understand people without microwaves.
How can you at all have any energy to cook something every day? I'd honestly just live frugally and eat out rather than very simply cook a full package of macaroni/spaghetti and toss that in my micro for a minute along with some sausages and maybe ketchup

It's just some uppity 18-20 year olds who managed to cook their first meal without burning it and now think that they're Gordon Ramsey. In a year they're going to realize that cooking new food every day is a waste of time and money so they'll go back to reheating leftovers in a microwave.

If people aren't keeping up on tech news they don't deserve to be spoonfed. Low IQ retards who can't even use a computer should be purged from society.

I actually had someone argue "Why would I want to cook my food with radiation?" Looking back on it I should've pointed out that using a regular oven is using radiation as well.

unless the yolk is broken, an egg in the microwave for nearly 2 mins straight is going to explode

it's funny as fuck until it's your microwave and you have to clean it...

Stove. Oven. Grill.

microwave is better imo, since you are only heating a cup of water to the desired temperature saving much energy, plus its just convenient.

Meh. I eat a lot of chicken breast, so I just load a dozen onto a pan and bake at 425 until it hits 160. Takes zero energy to cook.

sage, quite literally

>If people aren't keeping up on tech news they don't deserve to be spoonfed
Right. If you're so out of touch with tech news you have never heard of this RF oven, you should get out of Jow Forums.

toaster ovens. i've only used a microwave once in the past year and a half or so.

Combo unit. 5G internet AP and food cooker.

>toasting soup
>toasting a cup of water

Attached: 81qWefBM0WL._UL1500_.jpg (1153x1500, 158K)

countertop induction burner for those.

>Uses microwave to heat up coffee for someone who was visiting.
>doesn't make them a fresh pot of coffee
>.t shitty host
They only way this is excusable is if the visitor was your mother in law.