3.5 mm jack

It's 2018, and nothing is able to beat this bad boy. Its alternatives are so shitty that they don't even deserve a mention here. On the contrary, some headphones with a jack work flawlessly. They don't need a battery. They don't need to be paired. They have -by far- the best sound quality. You just plug them in in a second and they are working as intended. It just werks.

Why is there no reliable alternative to the standard 3.5mm jack? And why are retarded phone companies trying to make it dissapear?

Attached: rBVaSFowwNqAOdcEAACj50nEkqg794.jpg (800x681, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ugreen.com.cn/product-592-en.html#
dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

phone dacs are so shit I have to use an external dac anyway so idc

My Note 8 has a fantastic DAC

the jews realized they cannot make any shekels on this apex technology. hence it must be destroyed

If you had to redesign the penis you literally couldn't. There's only one shape that works. Same with this.

Holy shit, I just found that the jack was invented in 1878.That's what perfect eternal technology looks like.

>There's only one shape that works.
it's the vagina that it's fucked up.

Haven't been true for almost a decade.

t. the guy who haven't seen animal penises.

The yellow jews at Samsung got rid of them so I had to get an HDMI ARC audio extractor to plug my Sennheissers to my TV set. Then it stopped working after a firmware update that screwed up the HDMI CEC, so I had to get a Toslink splitter + a new DAC. Why oh why.

>I have a cheap chinaphone

I have a note 3 and I tried on my gfs galaxy 7. My headphones sound,like shit with no external dac.

And by "sound like shit" you meant "sound quiet".

Placebo
All audiophiles fall for it.
Make sure to put that DAC on hardwood cable risers and place some crystals on the phone.

Being so audiofooled so as to believe your ears can differentiate between DACs

No he totally has golden ears and can definitely differentiate between DACs. God I fucking hate audiofools

No you fucking retards, they sound like ass and with no bass. Even my dumbass gf could easily hear the difference. She thought I was pissing away money for nothing until she tried.

A DAC can not and will not make an audible difference, it is simply doing math.

>haha wow...you dont pay 500 bucks for headphones, 700 on a quality DAC, and 900 on exclusive elusive direct transfer master tape flac proprietary HD AUDIO blu ray with matching HD AUDIO blu ray player, with 500 dollar cable raisers?
>AC/DC sounds like shit and has no bass with reasonably priced headphones, flac/ high quality mp3 and no external DAC

Attached: click.png (560x386, 31K)

man fuck off. go try a decent pair of headphones on a phone. its fucking ass.

There are no alternatives because it's perfect.
They want to remove it so they later can create inferior alternatives with proprietary gear so they can milk the brainlets.

Attached: 84a8c1afdb5bf33112ad91cb08fadd9d.png (468x437, 379K)

I tried plugging my headphone amp to my Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 and the difference was abismal compared to plugging it to my TV set plus an external DAC and listening to the same source (korean ASMR on YouTube) Nothing fancy, it's a $50 DAC. I don't know what's so controversial about it.

Because some designs are timeless and never need to be replaced.

I spent 400 bucks on headphones and 300 bucks on an external DAC.
Probably didn't need to spend that much on a DAC but w/e. I can enjoy my time at work more so its worth it. Fucking open space meme shit.

I have tried very expensive headphones and very expensive dacs, and many combinations therein, and guess what I do not hear a difference because there is not one to be heard, you do because youve paid for one and thus tell yourself that a diference exists.

Not a DAC issue, it's am amp issue. With lower impedance headphones there would be no difference, external DACs simply have more powerful amps, hence why you notice the difference.

Finally someone with a basic understanding of audio

>Apple HQ
>"Hmm, how do we make more money?"
>"I know, kill the headphone jack, so they need a dongle (not included), which is proprietary because our phone requires specific hardware to output audio, but also sell bluetooth earbuds (sold seperately) to milk them even more"
>"We can get a little more out of it"
>"Okay, include the headphone dongle, but make an adaptor that lets you charge AND listen to music, proprietary, at double the cost"
>"Now we're talkin. Just play it off as if we're being courageous, get the media on the phone Jim"
God I hate "too big to fail" tech companies
As long as they fuck you in the ass inch by inch its never enough to make people stop buying

Attached: 1531688942233.jpg (604x604, 28K)

>so they need a dongle (not included)
Stopped reading there. A “dongle” has always been included.

>Stoppdd reading there
So you missed the part where I said they include one but charge you out the ass for one thats actually usable
Plus, different thing, but fast chargers werent included with iphone X even though it was a selling point
Literally kikes

2018 and the best connector still lives.

Keep reading.

Yeah, the fast charging not included was/is bullshit. Not really an issue for the retards that want everything wireless including charging.

>A device which produces sound cannot make an audible difference

I'm not sure I have a brainlet wojak strong enough for this

I don't agree with this but I do think phones have a superb amount of hissing and white noise. It's disgusting.

Quads speak the irrefutable truth.

ugreen.com.cn/product-592-en.html#

Is this cable good?

In the eBay description it says that it has 24k gold-plated connectors. Why the gold? Is it because gold has good electric conductivity?

maybe.
yes.

I blame it on the absence of USB-C headphones
I could live without jack if I could just plug some good value headphones directly into the port
But instead we get shit Bluetooth which wasn't even designed for this and shit headphones with fun things like batteries and shit bitrate that even a deaf fuck like me notices

gold doesn't oxidize

It can not when it is doing math, the math is the same regardless of how expensive your dac is, what can make a difference is the amp

>Using an external DAC on a device intended to be used while travelling
I admire your autism

My DAC(amp/dac) can act as a pure amp and connect directly to phone headphone jack. I just tried this. Music sounds like a muddied piece of shit off my galaxy note 3 compared when connecting via usb and using external DAC.

>tfw I posted in this thread to see if I got banned for a post I made a moment ago.
>Get quads
Usually I'd say wasted GET, but I actually stand for what I type.

Attached: 1519760895751.jpg (227x301, 15K)

Of course it does to you, youre doing the test yourself so all of your bias remains in tact, also even tiny volume differences can make music sound significantly better.

>the math is the same

dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm

Alright. I'm just being trolled here. No. Its not volume. It's incredibly obviously shittier using phone DAC because the music is fucking muddy. I am using oppo pm3s and HA2 headphone amp. It sounds like fucking ass off the phone. The phone dac is shit. The phone amp is shit. Phone is just fucking garbage.

That's the larger size, the one in OP pic is much more recent.

Why yes I will definitely read through all of this text just to find whatever it is youre hinting at.
just watch this if you feel like learning xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml

Volume is definitely a big part of it, just setting the knob to the same value does not solve the problem. even differences so small as 0.1db can make music sound better and thus invalidating the comparison

YOU DON'T NEED ACCURACY WHEN THE PHONE DAC SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE TOOK A FAT MUDDY SHIT INSIDE MY HEADPHONES. I DON'T EVEN NEED TO COMPARE. I CAN IMMEDIATELY TELL ITS MUDDY AS FUCK BECAUSE I'VE LISTENED TO THE SAME SONG HUNDREDS OF TIMES.

How does a phone DAC even work? Sync it with bluetooth or something?

Why are you yelling?

Up to you, watch the video from xiph if you actually want to learn, if you want to keep on raging then you can do that as well

usually audio over usb i'd assume

Now I imagined what USB could look like. USB type A is basically two for data, two for power. That's a clear TRRS connector for you to have OMNIDIRECTIONAL USB!

I feel there's a flaw in there somewhere. Can anyone confirm/deny my claim?

One of the problems is that while you're plugging in the connector, the internal power pins will contact the wrong rings on the device, which can be bad when data lines meet power.

Soooo, could we get a fifth "control pin" to check that the connector is all the way in? Or do it power power data data, so that the data lines from the plug cannot touch the socket power lines?

Such jacks do exist.

I once had a digital camera that used one to connect to the computer.
It came with a cable that had USB-A on one end and a small "audio style" jack on the other
I think mini-USB wasn't invented yet and full blown USB-B would be far too large.

I think you'd be limited to USB 2.0 though.

Samsung keeps 3.5mm in several phones.

There are USB C headphones. They're just 20 times as expensive. When I can get USB C headphones for 1€ I'll be fine with 3.5mm being removed.

I wouldn't call a male duck's corkscrew penis and a female duck's counter-corkscrew vagina a 'shape that works'. I mean, I guess it DOES, because there are baby ducks, but it's the reproductive equivalent of Type C-to-dongle-to-3.5mm. It's just overcomplicating things.

I'd have to look into the speed limitation, true.

I know these are used to connect SCART to TVs, raspberry pis have these.

I had this theory that mobile producers want to work around their incompetent designers and engineers not being able to make their phones slimmer while simultaneously up their ipx ratings without removing the 3.5mm input. But they still fail at that.

They do it because of planned obsolescence
A port you use for charging and headphones and dongles wears out way faster
And your average brainlet will think that it's easier to buy their new phone instead of fixing their "old" one

This is definitely the Apple strategy, but the others too?

>not using a huge DAC with your chinkphone
you don't belong here

Bought the S9+ (newest model) just over a month ago, has a 3.5mm jack and fantastic sound quality

Nah senpai. Real master race here.

Attached: 71391.jpg (1200x900, 85K)

>master race
>not a cable, but a converter to the REAL masterrace

Dream on, buddeh.

phones are the one place we typically see great DACs in consumer devices.

How shit is your phone?

>not using a PMP to complement your chink phone
neither do you

nothing personal kiddo

Attached: XLR20-large.jpg (750x640, 29K)

the air is for sound, wires are for electricity.
know the difference, it could save you're life

If 3.5mm jacks are too big for phones why don't they just use 2.5mm jacks instead?

Attached: 1524617123978.jpg (310x310, 9K)

You cant tell any difference in sound whatsoever, basedboy.

It's not actually about the jack size, but forcing people to use some proprietary connector that someone can make money off of.

Because switching to a 2.5mm jack won't save that much space, and given that most headphones come with 3.5mm jacks, most people will need an adaptor. Worst of both worlds.

2.5mm never took off because no one makes 2.5mm devices, it didn't save much space compared to 3.5mm but it bent and broke off in the jack too often.

Normies toss phones into pockets and bags with the headphone still plugged in and it breaks off in the jack.

No dumbass. Its because you tell your dumbass bitch THERES NO BASS, TRY IT TRY IT, NO BASS RIGHT?? TRY MY 700$ DAC, MANY BASS MANY BASS RIGHT. RIGHT!!!

>2018
>external dac for phone
lmao, justo don't buy a chinkphone retardo. Even chink Xiaomis have good dacs, damn.

I agree with you.

Attached: noire cat headphones.jpg (884x1100, 174K)

>HURR user SAYS LOUD MORE FOOLS ME BUT I KNOW BEST AUDIO WHAT DO I YELL

unironically this. needs more DRM

Attached: jew_boomer.png (750x689, 304K)

Why do wirefags brag about having 0 seconds of battery life?

Nothing personal boomer

Attached: lightning-connector-5a33e73796f7d00036afe5c8.jpg (768x512, 21K)

Can't make money off it, gotta make something proprietary.

>Why do wirefags brag about having 0 seconds of battery life?
This has to be bait. How is it possible to have reading comprehension this bad?

ipx is unaffected, look at galaxy s5 and s9. So waterproofing is a lie.

Yes

Also, not every model has a dongle. Friend of mine got one with the earpods with the lightning connector instead of a 3.5

why are boomers so fucking stupid?

Attached: type-c.jpg (2200x1238, 741K)

I would be ok with USB C headphones if USB C was on things other than smartphones, they weren't overpriced, and they were actually good.

just give it more time

It's been 4 fucking years.

Attached: 1317613037224.jpg (430x304, 49K)

>he fell for a marketing gimmick
You sure are smart one.

those are $5 headphones marketed as USB C and sold at 10x the price they should be and you fell for it

it takes at least 10 years for a new tech to become standard

get with the times, grandpa, you are just living in the past

>10 years
says the person who is guaranteed to be less than 20 years old. in 10 years USB C wont even be around

>he doesn't have a LG V20

>implying USB-C could replace audio jack
You know, for mobile device it will be wireless. And desktop user still continue using audio jack.
Well, USB-C might be useful for external DAC. That's all.

Literally the only good thing about the phone.