Kde is stable goys

>kde is stable goys
>I havent experienced any crash with plasma
>works on my machine

Attached: Screenshot_20180724_235001.png (833x721, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=728686
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=687164
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=780551
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=786881
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install xfce

Just werks on my machine.

>5.9
Cmon footfag, you can do better. Talk about no calculator or something.

Gnome is a better desktop environment. Let old habits die.

I have simmilar problems when I mount harddrives on 5.13. Had them on 5.12 too

>mfw running 5.13 on Tumbleweed
>mfw no issues
feels great

You're using it wrong.

gnome is better than kde but nothing beats window managers

personally, i like storing downloads and temporary documents on the desktop. the gnome conglomerate decided that wasn't necessary and removed the feature.

meanwhile, KDE continues to add bloat and features. would rather have more features than none.

Good for you kde is great.

>javascript DE

Fixed on newer versions.

KDE actually responds to bugs and patches them, you just have to use the latest version.

Running Kubuntu with 5.12.6 and I haven't noticed anything like that.
Have you found any bug reports about your case?

literally every time I investigate KDE, someone is saying
>oh version x.y.z-abc, lol you moron you need x.y.z+3-def are you fucking stupid or what?

Having golden versions is a great indicator of a flawed development process.

this

I lost quite a bit of data from this when I was moving stuff between my hard drive and SD card.
It wasn't even the internal storage, it was an external hard drive.

please be larping. please be larping.
i have almost 2 TB on my drive and im thinking of copying them to other drives as they are slowly dying and showing more errors day by day.

should i make a bootable of other *buntus and copy that way because all of this is sensitive data which i cannot lose. i have only 50GB of this backup.

dont know why but thought that was just a glitch with driver issues and shit but looks like KDE problem. always liked gentoo other than this, so this post kinda pushed me to it.

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] 06. Welcome To The Classroom! (00:02:13.883) 0001.png (1024x576, 447K)

just use cp to copy your cp

>kde
experienced same issue with xfce and gnome2. Try moving ~2tb of small files from one hdd to anpther amd you will see same. This is issue with distro configuration (dirty files limit or whatnot) amd not de.

yea, IF bugs were fixed instead of shitting up the control centre just to justify an update
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=728686
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=687164
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=780551
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=786881
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797
and many more

i bet they didn't think of the desktop folder

This happens on any OS on any DE

>having to drink so much coffee is not good
WOW EPIC MEME XD

This is a Linux problem actually

switch vt and do it in there.

why does reddit love KDE so much.

>5.9
>Jul '17

lol

Never happened to me and I've been using Plasma 5 since the beginning.

happens to me too (for files bigger than one gb). Am on 5.12.

KDE... ahhh... *sip* I don't like it. It's really ugly by default, like virus-riddled Windows 7 ugly. That's fine because so is XFCE/LXDE, but whereas those are easy to customize, KDE isn't. Icon changes sometimes won't apply, or sometimes for no reason changes you make in KDE will affect other environments like MATE.
Not to mention it has different graphical settings for both the desktop, GTK apps, and Qt apps, which is really stupid to me and needlessly complicated.
I hate how the clock is too big, I hate how the taskbar is barely customizable, I hate the start menu.

But beyond the looks I also don't like the features. I don't like that it fucks up the way other DEs work, I don't like the Firefox integration where you get a notification every time you boot Firefox up, or how image pages won't display in the browser but in your picture viewer or choice.

I don't know, I just hate it. I can't think of any reason you would use KDE instead of XFCE. It's lighter, it's prettier, it's less ricey, and it gets out of the way. KDE feels like a chinese desktop environment.

Attached: plasma-5.6.png (1920x1080, 893K)

time to move on grandpa

things that you can expect in this thread:
>you are using it wrong
>never happens to me
>old version of kde
>install other distro
>FILEPICKER
>guhnoome sucks XDDD

>makes valid criticism
>the average KDE user defence for any criticism

Happens almost every time to me too.
i don't know if it KDE or Linux.
And i think that happed on windows too.
but my computer is from 2011, so maybe that's why.

>names impossible standards for any DE
>makes thread when he has an experience that didn't meet his standards
every DE/WM has its respective pros and cons. just use what works for you.

Good thing I use Kubuntu.

Well atleast you put some effort into ur bait.

This is a Linux problem with the IO scheduler, I've had it happen when playing music from a disk I was doing some heavy IO operation on (packing gigabytes into a tar file usually).

The thing is, Plasma is progressing a lot on the latest versions, it's getting better and better with each release, more stable, less ram used, etc.
5.8 was a LTS release but a lot of people experienced annoying bugs, and was released before the RAM optimization they did. 5.12 on the other hand is top notch, much more stable and uses a lot less resources. 5.13 kept the trend too, uses even less resources, introduced some cool new stuff (like the blur) and is just as stable.

So yeah, right now on KDE-land you should go for the latest versions.
I just hope they don't fuck everything up completely on an eventual Plasma 6 release.