I want to know if the gps chips data on the newer phones can be used by the police (like galaxy s8) and are the old...

I want to know if the gps chips data on the newer phones can be used by the police (like galaxy s8) and are the old phones any safe.

Attached: 2152017124957PM_635_nokia_3310.jpg (635x476, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wu_pO5Z7Pk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're this deep in the shit you might as well turn yourself in. I'd be surprised if the walls/floors in your house/apartment weren't wiretapped.

What the fuck did you do anyway, multiple M1s?

No, haven't done shit. Just for privacy. Some cops stopped me and said that they can track me whenever i go, that's why.

Yes they can track you but it's not because of GPS. Your phone is constantly sending out signals to the three nearest receiver stations around you. Without this technology, you would not be able to receive calls.

GPS chips in phones are for receiving data only, not sending, and has nothing to do with tracking. If you don't wanna get tracked, you must not use any cell phone whatsoever.

Can my location be altered or something, like when you use a vpn?

No, just remove the battery from your phone

By that logic, wont removing the sim card do the trick, cause the phone is sealed.

You notice how when you go to turn GPS off, it says "GPS for the purposes of 911 cannot be turned off"?

no, the phone itself is the tracker

You're going to change the way the cell phone tower sees a signal?

It literally either sees you or doesn't. And if it doesn't, then the phone doesn't work.

For the police to track you, they need a warrant. They can acquire a secret warrant through the USA PATRIOT Act (yes, it's in all caps), but very few people actually are tracked this way.

The whole GSM standard is botnet. Apps are botnet. Mobile operating systems are botnet. Finding you without GPS wouldn't be that much harder. If they want you, they'll find you.

I don't think OP is American with grammar that bad.

What does that matter? Most countries do the same thing. The only ones that don't are so poor that it's unlikely he has civil liberties to be worried about being violated.

Afaik you need the sim card to basically "log in" into the network, your phone can still receive signals. They can probably find you using your imei idk

>no, the phone itself is the tracker
this

Yes I'm not American and what?

Jow Forums, I may have pissed off some big time drug dealers

What are the odds that they can find me using my cell phone? And yes, they know my cell phone number

Attached: To Aru Majutsu no Index II 06.png (1366x768, 814K)

Turn your phone to vibrate. If they call you and you're nearby, they'll hear your gay anime ringer go off and find you.

Get a new card, I don't know. Or throw ot with the phone.

100%

move to a new city and change your name

God damn it, gee

GPS is run by the USA gov, I imagine they can.

>find me using my cell phone
absolutely 0
>find me by asking around, stalking your social media, going to places you frequent, etc
probably pretty good. By the way they won't trace your phone, they're going to find out where you go (grocery stores, gas stations, work, bars, school, etc) or who you know, then follow you home and kick your door in while you're there. The good news is that if you owe them money, they can't collect money from a dead person. You may get beat up a little bit, but people dont really get killed for drug debts because this isn't the movies and they want their money back more than they want you dead (most drug dealers aren't total sociopaths believe it or not). If you fucked one of their girlfriends or are the reason one of them got busted, and these guys are actually big time and not just local highschool weed dealers, you most likely will die. horribly. Except your family wont get the closure of an actual funeral (again, this isn't the movies where you will be found in your apartment with a bullet in your head), you will "go missing", which basically means you've been murdered but the body hasn't been found.

Guess I better sudoku

Can't kill what isn't alive

Or just go to a different city

OP, here's a comprehensive answer to your question
>youtube.com/watch?v=-wu_pO5Z7Pk
>tl;dr the entire tech stack is compromised, every mobile phone is botnet by definition

>find me using my cell phone
>absolutely 0
>he doesn't know about SS7 vulnerabilities and exploits
educate yourself

They can see you right now

No, your phone always connects to the network, sim or not. Even without a sim, you can make 911 calls. If your phone has power, they know where you are, simple as that.

>Some cops stopped me and said that they can track me whenever i go, that's why
land of the free

>1 hour long
cliffnotes please

GPS only sends signals.
The phone is a listener. It can't ping the satellite.
The satellite is just a periodic beacon and by determining the time lag between the satellite sending and you receiving the signal you know where you are.

Sure, that'll be $200.

Imagine being this retarded.

Attached: cantsleep.png (632x175, 209K)

>Most countries do the same thing
Most western countries don't give a shit anymore like the UK or rely on outsiders to do the dirty work. Same shit happens here, or did you miss the discovery of unknown Stingrays around DC?

>and what?
lrn2english

you have to go back

You shouldn't be giving advice when you don't know what you're talking about.
>GPS chips in phones are for receiving data only, not sending, and has nothing to do with tracking
wew laddie

The GPS can be turned on remotely.
See 23:25 in the vid