Raspberry Pi

Bought one of these, what should I do with it?

Attached: hohohohoho.png (1560x975, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNR_rgaH_oo
sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files/ultimate-edition-4.2-armhf-lite.iso/download
pivpn.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shove it up your ass you dumb buyfag

Get a real computer zoomer.

adblock for devices that can't ad block aka tv
pihole

Oh, its this thread again

build a hf sdr and share your receiver over the web.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

kek

Xbmc
Seedbox
Webserver
Etc.

>Jow Forums - Technology
I have Kali on mine with a 12" high gain wifi antenna (that allows injection) keep both in my book bag and use my cell phone as a monitor...this allows me to crack routers and look like any other fag with a phone

Attached: Punchamarxist.png (875x643, 168K)

How would I go about doing this? I hate paying for 4G

Use Kali Linux get good with airmon/aircrack and reaver and shoot for Arris routers (any encryption) because they shit out keys in ms....

youtube.com/watch?v=gNR_rgaH_oo

Arris routers (assuming it hasn't been changed) all have SSID's the start with DGxxxx or TGxxxxx If you get a Technicolor router just keep moving unless you get lucky somehow...please share

Attach a motion sensor and a speaker, so it plays a Seinfeld bassline lick every time someone enters your lounge

I used mine as a video recorder. That worked really well, until last year the Jews in my country changed the format to DVB-T2 so they could charge money for TV that used to be free.

Currently my Pi runs as a webscraper, constantly downloading information from the internet, condensing it on a ramdisk, and periodically writing SQLite to the SD card.

Jesus are we having this thread /again/?

Ok, things you can do with a Raspberry Pi:
Hifi audio server for bitperfect playback, without any mechanical noise from hard disk spins or fans. Look into Volumio for a prepackaged distro, or 24bit96.com for how to build it yourself from scratch.
Turn it into a docker server to store files and generally learn how both docker and networking work, always a useful skill.
Install Pihole and have a network-wide adblocker that speeds up browsing
Turn it into a Tor exit node and/or a bridge for Tor connections to both learn how Tor works and secure yourself to a higher degree.
Use it as an IRC bot, or any kind of bot for that matter.
Turn it into a seedbox to always be seeding torrents for private trackers.
Plug in a camera and hide it somewhere for security (or to spy on roasties)
Hide it in a public place and scan for handshakes on wifi networks.
Use it as a general playground for new shit like distros (arch, gentoo) or possible alterations to distros you want to test run before applying to a more important device, if you lack a laptop for that already.

E V E R Y S I N G L E D A Y

Mine makes a nice paper weight

make a nice little handheld for cheap

Make an Onion router

Client for plex or xbmc is good!

I use it as a file server, web server and RetroPie all at the same time.

Attached: 1200px-Jon_arbuckle.svg.png (1200x999, 167K)

Posting shit on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1532478371186-2.jpg (4608x3456, 3.94M)

I wonder if it's possible to turn it into a sound card.
Like you stick an extra board on it and it could pass audio from your PC to speaker system like an external sound card could. (My PC doesn't have optical output and the cheap sound card I got only does 2.1 audio via optical)
Have an onboard DAC chip to make it sound better, and a way to encode/decode dolby digital and dts signals.

MagicMirror, Media Server

lmbo

This. Apart from the RetroPie.

check out this os sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files/ultimate-edition-4.2-armhf-lite.iso/download

Using mine as an FTP server right now but I'm thinking about storing music on it and using it to stream music from.
But I have an even better idea I think
R8 my idea guys..
I've been thinking about buying a Gen 1 miata and ripping the radio, amp, speakers etc. out of it and jerry rigging a raspberry pi, some shoddy method of input (probably home made), shitty small screen with a new amp and new speakers and use it as a method of playing music off a usb in it.
More of a "shits and giggles" sorta endevour

minecraft server

1. pihole (adblocker)
2. proxy
3. rfid reader/writer
4. music/juke box with rfid
5. i dont know, just like think of something that needs electricity and a computer attached

Can a box be a pihole, VPN, torrent box, and media server all at once, or is that too much for one little Raspberry Pi?

Dress it in kawaii clothes

Attached: 1518121875789.jpg (400x400, 43K)

personal vpn server with openvpn

bitcoin mining?

Make a server and host cp

>almost 40 replies
>correct answer has yet to be given
Stick it as far back as possible in a lower desk drawer and forget about it OP. You're welcome.

>go to prison
>profit

I put the emulator focused OS on it, bought two of pic related, and use it as a retro gaming box for my tv

Attached: 41lAeWKTrZL[1].jpg (500x290, 27K)

Other than HW accelerated h.265 graphics, is there any reason to use the Rasp Pi for all the things mentioned here over a $50 atom PC?

Follow the rule of thumb

Does it have enough dedicated wam?

Underrated question, I too would like to know.

>$50 atom PC
Link plz

build a clock. Just like I do

webm related. It's my clock

Attached: clock.webm (1280x720, 2.17M)

Install Lakka.

http:\\www.ebay.com

this

If you want to do this, then here is a easy as fuck setup:
pivpn.io/

It just fucking works.

Nothing serious.

I set up pihole and set it as my DNS. Internet works but doesn't seem to be blocking ads. Am I forgetting something?

This.

An old Xbox 360 wireless or USB cable controllers are also comfy.

Got a decent retropie setup with around 5000 games, mostly arcade but a few decent console games including PS1 and Dreamcast.

Play Tekken 3 with my boy and it's the dogs bollocks.

Make a really elaborate robotic bong.

Which wifi antenna do you have?

the real question is: what's the best single board computer out there currently?

this, pihole is pretty great

An alarm clock except to turn it off you have to beat a random level of DOOM.

A pihole except people have to remote into it and shoot the ads like it's an FPS.

A retropie except to keep it running you have to pedal an exercise bike.

Fpbp

an FTP server except it randomly replaces things with Rick Astley.

Attached: stop.jpg (600x600, 55K)

An automated shitposting machine except you have to have a dildo up your ass for it to work

What device are you using?

If Windows, then press windows key plus 'r', then type in cmd and press return, then type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' into the command prompt.

This with pihole is great. I have two pivpn configs. One where all traffic is routed through the VPN including the DNS queries. The other just routes requests to the DNS or my minidlna server.