What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: morecores.png (934x1000, 365K)

da jews

This, but mostly caused by lack of groundbreaking changes in the market of CPUs. Stagnation is becoming a reality.

AMD getting back on track, I guess.

Nothing, multicore architectures are the natural progression after we are hitting the limit of current single core performance with the means we have available.

AMD was the first one to crack the secret and start adding more cores instead of working on making one core better.
The actual funny thing about this is that the first panel of OPs picture is a decade old already and was made to make fun of AMD for mindlessly adding more cores instead of working on single core performance like everybody though they should and like Intel did.

What's causing both companies to rely on parlor tricks? Were die shrinks the only thing Intel had?

Why does Intel still perform better at equal clockrates/cores?

>Why does Intel still perform better at equal clockrates/cores?
Literary marketing secrets AMD has not figured out yet but Intel knows since the 70's.

What does marketing have to do with measurable performance?

Better instruction decoder

>The actual funny thing about this is that the first panel of OPs picture is a decade old already and was made to make fun of AMD for mindlessly adding more cores

That's the point retard, it's irony.

>what has the way a product is produced to do with it's performance
Gee I wonder too.

It's like saying...
>what has the secret Coca-Cola respice to do with the way Coca-Cola tastes different from Pepsi

What the fuck are you on about? Marketing != Production

Oh okay user. I guess I deserve this one.
Reminds me of the Cell through when it came first out in 2006, all the kiddie game developers laughed their asses off, saying multi core will NEVER be a thing. Yet here we are.

Production secrets go under marketing secrets, I think you're thinking about trade secrets.

x86 is garbage.

They don't. There's essentially zero difference between Ryzen and Rebrandlake clock for clock in purely CPU-bound workloads. Any difference in MUH VIDEO GAYMES can be put down to developers optimising for Intel's ringbus architecture due to their long period of dominance, but even that's changing. All Intel have left is raw clock speed.

Attached: untitled-14.png (674x800, 53K)

No way, really? It's almost like Intel didn't figure this one out back in 1995 already.

Yet people still eat that shit up.

Welcome to capitalism. Where it's more efficient to keep feeding the dead horse.

>clock for clock
>comparing 2018 AMD CPUs to 2015 Intel CPUs

You're only proving his point.

>What went wrong?
quantum tunneling

>what went wrong
>laws of physics
ebin