Hey Jow Forums, what's the max safe voltage for long term use on Ryzen? I'm currently running my 1600 at 4 GHz on 1...

Hey Jow Forums, what's the max safe voltage for long term use on Ryzen? I'm currently running my 1600 at 4 GHz on 1.4 volts. I'm getting conflicting information from Google with numbers from 1.375 all the way to 1.45. But then again, we are talking about "communities" that will tell someone that it's totally fine to run an 1800X on a four phase A320 board.

Full specs:
> Ryzen 5 1600
> ASUS Crosshair VI X370
> 1.4 volts CPU voltage
> Load Line Level 3
> SoC voltage on auto
> stock VRM heatsinks
> NZXT Kraken x62 CPU cooler

Thermals aren't really an issue because of the AIO cooler. It's really more of a longevity thing (don't want to burn out the CPU after only a couple years use).

Attached: amd_ryzen_7_1700X_box.jpg (450x450, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/A485/p/22TP2TAA485
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1.4V is the official max safe voltage

Dunno if it's considered safe but I've been running my r7 1700 at 3,9GHz 1,35V for over a year now

My 1700x booted up on 1.35v with everything set to auto, CPUZ and hwmonitor shows it hitting 1.363v under full load.

1.4v is a good place to stop increasing voltage on Ryzen. Going any higher will start to increase degradation speed by a lot without actually getting any realistic performance increases.

My 1600 degraded a bit at 1.42v so I would suggest sticking to 1.35v.

>But then again, we are talking about "communities" that will tell someone that it's totally fine to run an 1800X on a four phase A320 board.
4 phase is perfectly fine for stock 1800X. It is a 95W TDP processor. In comparison, the reference (founders) design GTX 1060 is on a 4 phase VRM and it is 120W TDP.

Ryzen can be undervolted easily, my 1600x runs a 3.9GHz overclock at 1.275 volts without issue. Though shits itself at 4GHz, silicon lottery I guess.

I have an ASUS x370 Pro mobo and the dumb piece of shit had stock voltage at 1.5 - ASUS are terrible, never again

Attached: 1600x voltage.png (546x438, 23K)

isnt 1.4v a sane limit on ryzens? if you cant get those 4 GHz stable on lower voltages i would not certainly increase it any more
try to decrease at least a little bit, any exces voltage is aditional heat

ANUS is fucking retarded and their AMD BIOS is a laggy POS, AMD should make their own boards already these Taiwanese companies are cancer.

It was my first time building a PC, I fell for ASUS's marketing bullshit.

Also their bios is fucking stupid because you can only indirectly set the voltage (i.e have it plus or minus 1.375 volts)

1.425V is the absolute max if you're using a fixed voltage. But Ryzen chips can and do go above that for short periods. The 2700X hits over 1.5V at stock when boosting to full XFR speeds. That drops to ~1.3V when all cores are loaded and the clocks drop a bit.

No it didn't.

>Also their bios is fucking stupid because you can only indirectly set the voltage (i.e have it plus or minus 1.375 volts)

Tell me about it, and when you change something tangentially related it may bump you into another voltage range without telling you so when you restart that +.15v offset will fry your soc and take your ram with it, truly made by retards.

I think 1.4 or 1.425 V
Maybe 1.45 with extremly good cooling and a board like the C7H

You can run a 1800X on a A320 board, its officially supported. Running a 1700 on a B350M which shitty VRMs, but its undervolted now and runs much better.

You can decrease the SOC to ~1V. More is only required for high RAM OCs sometimes. Ran my 2700X with 3533 MHz RAM at 1.025V SOC.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (814x808, 147K)

another asus 1.5v stock casualty. i have to run with a -0.1v offset to get remotely sane voltages, any lower and the board won't even post (either because the board itself is fucked or it's already fried my cpu, i don't know which is worse). they are absolute dogshit, don't even think about buying from these disgusting chink conmen.

>45nm
>DONT YOU FUCKEN DARE RUN OVER 1.4V OR YOUR CHIP IS TOAST IN A YEAR, TWO TOPS

>12nm
>1.5V ALL DAY BRAH

:thinking:

Attached: 1502083097414.png (600x600, 116K)

>cousin ran Phenom II 3.4GHz at 3.8GHz overvolt
>started crashing
>reduced to 3.6
>crashed some more
>3.4 stocks still crashed
>2.8 undervolt... stopped crashing for a little bit

Attached: +foreigners+buncha+squinty+eyed+_c08c272e376c67a3438a63ad172e2eb6.jpg (700x691, 110K)

>what's the max safe voltage for long term use on Ryzen?
1.480 and it's not for AMD only, but for CPUs in general, everything's higher than 1.48 starts degradation.

not him but the best part for me is that if i leave it at auto i get 1.35v and with a -0.006 offst i get 1.23v

Speaking of Ryzen, are there any worthwhile Ryzen laptops?
Also I'd like to triple or quad boot win+gnulin+hackintosh and I've heard hackintosh doesn't work on AMD so what's the deal with that? Any recommendations?

Wait for the A485.

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/A485/p/22TP2TAA485

Also, get the 1080p IPS option.

>hackintosh doesn't work on AMD
Well, Ryzen runs fine if you have discrete graphics, but Raven Ridge's integrated graphics doesn't work with MacOS right now...

for any cpu, I always recommend 1.4 for max safe 24/7 use voltage. past that and you'll see degradation over long term use.

>Thinkpad
I'd like to do some mid to advanced gayming. How are Vega GPUs holding up?

Yeah as I said I would need a dedicated gpu for games.

What about Ryzen APUs? I know near to nothing about that. How's the performance on that thing? And yeah, if a laptop could cost

nm
>>DONT YOU FUCKEN DARE RUN OVER 1.4V OR YOUR CHIP IS TOAST IN A YEAR, TWO TOPS
What retard ever said this? I ran a 1090T at 4GHz/1.45V for four years until 2016. It was rock solid until the day I upgraded it, with no hint of degredation.