YouTube page load is 5x slower in Firefox and Edge than in Chrome because YouTube's Polymer redesign relies on the...

YouTube page load is 5x slower in Firefox and Edge than in Chrome because YouTube's Polymer redesign relies on the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API only implemented in Chrome.

Attached: Google-evil.jpg (600x400, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=site:youtube.com %s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Firefox can't implement an API

>Chrome can't into standards

just use mpv or script to disable the polymer. fuck using chrome just for youtube t b h.

use hooktube. Sadly not the same anymore and has to use the embedded yotube player but I believe you can avoid that shit.

it's the same as it was if you opened video in mpv anyway

use the old style

you don't need a whole site when search engines exist
site:youtube.com homo
or a keyword
duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=site:youtube.com %s

Why does polymer even exists?

>implying you notice a difference
kys faggot

Wow a company tries to make profit?
Wow how dare they! And how brave and smart for you for calling them out.
Thank you user.

Attached: 15317159929680b.png (1300x866, 1.25M)

i don't care because I don't spend all day browsing jewtube

this

qutebrowser is really fast!

Attached: qute.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

inurl: still works too, tho it's not in the official list of advanced operators

>Wow a company tries to make profit?
There's a difference between profiting from mutual exchange and profiting from using their dominant position to force people into doing things they wouldn't otherwise do. Not saying they *can't* do the latter, but it sure isn't going to give them any goodwill.

Attached: windows-1.png (1200x800, 344K)

> five times slower

how the fuck do you compute multiplying a relative comparative

*Alphabet

time it takes to load on chrome / time it takes to load on firefox is I assume how he's doing it

Just install Iridium

>takes one second to load in chrome
>takes five seconds to load in firefox
Was it really that hard?

No, that's not what I mean.

"slow" requires a reference, in this case something faster so that the "slowness" can be quantified. (For contrast: A "fastness" is quantified by the "distance" from the reference zero, ie. stand-still.)
Next, take phrases like "n times faster" - here meaning the original speed plus n times this speed.
Now try to say "n times slower", applying the same pattern as above, without it being completely flawed. Not only is there no quantification of the "slow" available (the "slowness" of Chrome is never given, so you have nothing to multiply even if you could to arrive at the speed of Firefox), if n were 1, which works perfectly in "1 times faster", "1 times slower" would equate to "the same speed", yet you were still using the comparative "slowER". But comparatives, by grammatical nature, denote differences, so anyone saying something like "n times slower/smaller/less/etc." is a dumbfuck braindead retard and needs to be stabbed in the temple with a pickaxe.

The longer the duration of the pageload, the slower it is. Thus, 10 seconds is 5 times slower than 2 seconds. Doesn't really seem all that complicated.

Yea I got what you meant, I was just saying what I thought OP was doing, 1/5th of the speed would have been a better way to put it for him init.

Basically Google jerking themselves off.
Cool.

>But comparatives, by grammatical nature, denote differences
If, by "difference", you mean that comparative adjectives can only deal with subtraction, then you're just wrong and I don't even know where you'd have gotten that idea.

How does ungoogled-chromium compare? Any general experiences?

They have a right to try and make a profit, and I have a right to accuse them of being abusive shitheads and scammers, which they are.

This post unironically made me sad because it's no more than 10 years ago when companies were still expected to actually improve their products if they wanted to increase profit and forcing people into using your shit was considered shameless, disrespectful behaviour.

I'm not even gonna call you a cuck or a faggot or whatever. The fact that shameless you-are-the-product behaviour and unfair marketing tricks seem so natural to you that you have to make fun of someone for calling it out is only a sign of how fast society is getting shittier.

Yes, in raw, unambiguous numbers, this is uncontested.

No. I mean they deal with one thing being not the same as another by whatever property, and they do so by a ratio. What I'm saying is that once you want to multiply the ratio, you need to quantify it first. For lack of better denominators, "absolute" comparatives like large, tall, much, fast are implicitly quantified, but "relative" comparatives like small, low, little, slow are not. N times "not defined" is still "not defined".

Why would "large" be "absolute" and "slow" be "relative"? I don't see why you would considered these intrinsically different.

By its "distance from nothingness", if you will.

It's not so much relevant when you have other indicators to qualify it, like in "A is 10 metres large", carrying the notion that 10 metres is considered indeed large for A. (It could be small, too, mind.)
But it does become relevant when you want to multiply it. "B is 2 times as large as/1 times larger than A."
"Small" does not have this implicit quantification. If you were to say "B is n times smaller than A", you would need to quantify the "smallness" of A first. You would need an even larger C to compare A with it and find that A is, for instance, 1/10ths of C. Now you can begin to multiply it. Only then would, logically, "B is 3 times smaller than A" be computible, equating to be 1/1000ths of A's size.

then why does it load even faster in Safari?
checkmate faggot sage

I fail to see why you find any sort of ambiguity in 10 seconds being 5 times slower than 2 seconds. How slow something is is pretty much a direct measure of how long it takes it to do something.
>You would need an even larger C to compare A
I don't know what language you speak, but under no circumstances are three references necessary to use comparative adjectives. "Large" and "small" are comparisons of sizes, "large" being towards higher numbers and "small" being towards lower numbers. I think the only thing tripping you up is that one normally speaks of things in terms of how large they are, rather than how small they are, but to take something whose smallness is its primary measure, 10 nm lithography is certainly twice as small as 20 nm lithography.

> 10 seconds being 5 times slower than 2 seconds

Please calculate the same with a 1 instead of the 5. Then tell me why you are still using a comparative ("smallER") when, by the implied formula, there should be no difference in size.

> "Large" and "small" are comparisons of sizes

No, they are indicatives, not comparatives.

> 10 nm lithography is certainly twice as small as 20 nm lithography.

It's half as large.

Been using it for the last 3 months, no problems for now. Comfier than Firefox in my opinion.

>Please calculate the same with a 1 instead of the 5. Then tell me why you are still using a comparative ("smallER") when, by the implied formula, there should be no difference in size.
Why is there anything strange with that? Saying A is 1 times something as B is indeed the same as saying that A is equal to B in that respect. Is there anything strange in A being 1 times as large as B meaning that A and B are equally large, and if not, why is there suddenly anything strange with saying that A being 1 times as slow a B meaning that they're equally slow? Seems perfectly consistent and reasonable.
>It's half as large.
Indeed the same thing as twice as small.

Can you actually fuck off with reddit spacing. I didn't even read your post, I don't care if you're right, fuck off with reddit spacing.

> saying that A being 1 times as slow as B

You're using different words. "As slow as" is not the same as "slower than".

What the fuck is reddit spacing and why should I care about you?

Hitting enter 2x after a line is reddit spacing
> Reddit

> Spacing

as opposed to
> Not Reddit
> Spacing

It looks like aids and shows you're too retarded realize you don't need to do that on Jow Forums and proves you're some cunt from reddit.

>You're using different words. "As slow as" is not the same as "slower than".
Sure enough, but I posit that that doesn't really make a difference. The only reason "1 times slower" doesn't make sense is simply because one wouldn't normally use a comparative adjective to say that two things are equal, but that's the only difference. "A is 5 times larger than B" == "A is 5 times as large as B".

> "A is 5 times larger than B" == "A is 5 times as large as B"

No.
"A is 5 times larger than B" == "A is 6 times as large as B"

>alphabet willingly loading advertisements slower
>somehow that's a bad thing

Attached: 1508139546435.jpg (255x211, 32K)

Attached: back to reddit.gif (350x232, 461K)

>"A is 5 times larger than B" == "A is 6 times as large as B"
That is completely retarded. Literally noone would interpret it that way except you. If you insist on this, find even a single citation from any kind of semi-reputable writer that matches it.

> Hitting enter 2x after a line is reddit spacing

Hitting your face twice would be reddit face-hitting then?

> proves

pic

related

Attached: ha.png (679x427, 8K)

You're both wrong.

Something to that effect
> proves
Does it not though? I don't see any readability benefit for reddit spacing.

No I'm not.

OP wtf are you talking about? ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT

Reddit spacing memes aside, double-spacing in posts like is fairly retarded. It just wastes space for no purpose whatsoever.

You want to know what's retarded? Having two different phrases made up of completely different grammatical forms of words specifically addressing likeness or difference to mean exactly the same!

That said, just have a google and count the results on Quora alone. The fact that by far not all of them are Robert Charles Lee, 35+ years in editorial & publishing, does not matter as that would be argument from authority.

>Memes aside
If someone is (ignorantly) double spacing literally every time they line break, it's for one of two reasons:
1: They're unconsciously used to having to press enter twice to achieve a normal line break due to posting on reddit so often.
2. They're retarded and think double spacing has a place outside creating room for teachers to write corrections/comments/marks.

> wastes space
How would it be a waste to you in particular? Is the space somehow limited on your device that the HTML rendering of your browser would somehow exceed that limit just because of one or more empty lines in one or more posts?

Alphabet is firing back now.
>The public is criticizing Google in Firefox? How dare they! Let's fuck 'em up even harder.

(Pic related is Firefox and Google image search version 07/25/2018 (getty compliant))

Attached: googlepretendingtoberetarded.webm (1018x652, 1.82M)

>"A is 5 times larger than B" == (A = 5xB + B)
You've confused yourself. "A is larger than B by 5 times B" is not equal to "A is larger than B by 5 times".

Am I the only one experiencing that?

>Implying your browser displays an infinite number of lines at the same time.
You're very special.

>Normal scrotum size

That's not what google image results pages look like for me.

Attached: pepe merchant hands.jpg (394x458, 25K)

Be Evil

Attached: Evil Google.jpg (310x310, 34K)

>That said, just have a google and count the results on Quora alone.
Wtf do you suggest I google? "Is A is 5 times larger than B the same as A is 6 times as large as B"?

Were you on the design team for the Windows 10 settings screen? You seem to have about the same respect for screen real-estate.

Attached: Default-apps-settings-in-Windows-10.jpg (1248x696, 27K)

How the fuck is this image a thing? It'd be so much better as
>Do evil

>WORKSFORME
>closed

why so many scrotum searches

>when you're a Jow Forumstard who hates Jews who is literally getting jewed

Now this is autism