Looks fucking gay

>looks fucking gay
>pump can break and roast your hardware
>can leak and roast your hardware
>unavoidable pump whine
>have to route annoying tubes
>more expensive than an air cooler
>performance no better than an air cooler

Are AIOs the biggest meme in the technology industry?

Attached: FUCKING DOGSHITT.jpg (1500x605, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hexus.net/tech/news/cooling/120056-thermalright-silver-arrow-tr4-threadripper-cooler-launched/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No intel is the biggest meme

Attached: dims?quality=100&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fdims%3Fcrop%3D4300%252C2862%252 (1600x1065, 607K)

fpbp

[citation needed]

Found the Noctua shill.

>quieter and cooler
How will you EVER recover?

>dude this thing is worse than this other thing!
>y-youre a shill!
BTFO

Attached: BTFO1.jpg (1146x715, 320K)

Water cooling is literally air cooling.

Unless you overclocking your CPU to the point it could burn down your house, AIO is a pure meme.
But I'm not sure that little thing could do better job than traditional air cooler.

>mfw I have the original h100.
And it's quiet af.

According to your graph the H110 (which is the one in your OP) is both quieter than the dual-fan NH-D15 AND performs the same if not better.

air cooling is literally water cooling

Attached: cooler-master-vapor.jpg (1098x577, 325K)

>aio
>not a custom loop

Attached: fds.jpg (189x266, 9K)

>Water cooling is literally air cooling.
This. Still has fans senpai.

Now also put the radiator outside the case. Boom, something air coolers JUST can't do, sorry sweety.

Why do aio's work better on graphics cards than on cpus? Shit like the evga hybrids and msi seahawks run noticeably cooler than any of their counterparts.

>AIO
>outside of case

Attached: really made me think.png (600x600, 143K)

Modern cases even have compartments specially made for the radiator only airflow, be it AIO or custom loop.

The amount of heat you can displace is tied to how much mass you have to displace it, thus a bigger heatsink is better than a smaller one all other things being equal. On a GPU, the size a heatsink can be is limited by the fact that you usually have to abide by a two or three slot form factor, if you simply run some water to a radiator you can have that radiator be as big as the case will allow.

>being this jelly about the cheapest form of watercooling
It's okay to be a poorfag OP.

Attached: premium.png (578x712, 45K)

actually phase change cooling

>actually believing water being router to a radiator placed in it's own airflow won't be more beneficial to cooling than a heat sink inside the case sharing air with other component
I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night. Specially with meme air coolers costing as much are higher cooling rating AIOs, might as well actually eat shit.

You're both autists lads, unless you're a retard obsessed with games you have no need to overclock your CPU and thus have no need for anything more than a stock cooler. Even if you are obsessed with games you'd be better off paying for a better CPU than investing in expensive cooling.

>quieter than dual fan noctua d15
>as cool as the noctua d15
Fair enough.

Even if the pump breaks it will still act like an air cooler and cool your CPU just not as well

I'm running 8700k oc 5ghz at Max 60c on aio, with slow fans profile. I guess a noctua could do the same but it's too big and heavy.
Also never had issues in 2 years. Liquid don't go over 35c it's fine

>stock intel cooler

So what is AMD? Since intel btfo's amd everytime.

That filename is the biggest meme

8700k hasn't been out for 2 years larper.

>what are diminishing returns and risk vs reward

At least amd have solder.
It don't matter what cooling solution you have unless you delid Intel it's a hot mess

No animal I was using another CPU b4 on same aio

saved for pro-AIO shitposting. Thanks for countering your own argument for me

>looks fucking gay
Newer models look better, though I would like to see aluminium on them
>pump can break and roast your hardware
_can_ like a custom loop _can_ more likely
>can leak and roast your hardware
same, i guess corsair would even replace the parts if you didnt try to open the pump or misused it
>unavoidable pump whine
happens even with custom loop eheim pumps. even my terrarium/aquarium silent pumps have a little noise
the new asetek pumps are way better
>have to route annoying tubes
do you have to do too with custom loop
>more expensive than an air cooler
depends, good air coolers are expensive too
no, unless you take the highest grade ~80 € air coolers
then they are still better by some degrees

bought me this fucker, totally worth it
i had your pic related (h100i) before and the h150 is silent, my whole system runs at 600 rpm fan 1000 rpm pump
it will gradually increase to 1200 rpm load which rarely happens
before it was more than 2000 rpm

Attached: Ha'Tak (20.06.2018).jpg (3840x2160, 3.79M)

AIOS fucking suck. people ask me why they should buy them and i tell them cause it looks "ok". they always seem disappointed when i say they dont cool any better than an air cooler

I dunno man, the only watercooler I've ever bought was when I was a stupid kid just following a youtube video back in 2013, It is some intel rebranded cooler (Intel RTS2011LC pic related) but it is quiet, cools well, and has never caused me any issues up until I replaced it 6 months ago.
The only reason I swapped it for a D-15 was for aesthetics.

Attached: intel_rts2011lc_035.jpg (550x362, 26K)

>Newer models look better, though I would like to see aluminium on them
that doesnt look that amazing
>_can_ like a custom loop _can_ more likely
can_unnlike_air_cooler
>same, i guess corsair would even replace the parts if you didnt try to open the pump or misused it
they do
>happens even with custom loop eheim pumps. even my terrarium/aquarium silent pumps have a little noise
aquarium pumps arent comparable, and a d5 isnt that noisey, although air is quieter obviously
>the new asetek pumps are way better
d6 is the same as d5
>do you have to do too with custom loop
no you cut them or bend to length
>depends, good air coolers are expensive too
a d15 is already cheaper than a h150
>no, unless you take the highest grade ~80 € air coolers
vs?
>then they are still better by some degrees
vs?
>bought me this fucker, totally worth it
>i had your pic related (h100i) before and the h150 is silent, my whole system runs at 600 rpm fan 1000 rpm pump
the h150 is not silent, lmao do you have a headset on?
>it will gradually increase to 1200 rpm load which rarely happens
>before it was more than 2000 rpm

AMD cooler mounts are a major reason im going intel with my new build

the mount just looks so ugly jesus

>AMD cooler mounts are a major reason im going intel with my new build
no?

Yeah thats fucking stupid. AMD mounts are hideous trash while intel's are sleek and elegant, but choosing a vendor based on fucking cooler mounts is stupid.

fpbp

>Why do aio's work better on graphics cards than on cpus?
think about which one puts out more heat

inb4 skylake-x

>drama
*spanish soap opera music*
>>looks fucking gay
>romance
*careless whisper by wham*
>>unavoidable pump whine
>action
>>pump can break and roast your hardware
>comedy
*kevin macleod snorting cocaine off his keyboard*
>>performance no better than an air cooler
>[cite needed]: the post
>coming soon to a theater near you

What they don't tell you about aircoolers is that they get hotter during gaming because the GPU is also working hard and conflicting airflow inside your case. watercooling solve that problem, my GPU runs cooler than ever now.

My H100 is probably dying soon. Lots of air/water gurgling noises. Probably gonna replace it with the newest version but turn off the RGB crap.

Just get a beefy air cooler. I don't see why people risk leaking coolant all over their VERY expensive computers when a beefy air cooler costs the same as an AIO but doesn't have that risk.
The only drawback of big air coolers is that they can be a bit dangerous to transport because of how heavy they can be, same with transporting heavy GPUs though. I'm too scared to transport mine with the D-15 attached so if I'm going on a long trip I take it out. I'm thinking of making a custom block of foam or something that fills the entire computer to negate the risks though.

No fuck off. Air coolers are shit.

Why though?
Same temps, same price, the heat fins cool off faster (liquid coolers take time to come up to temperature because of the fluid), SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable. Literally the only drawback is the size.

What kind of design is the pump in AIOs? AC?

Attached: 151312656765464.png (638x345, 13K)

>conflicting airflow inside your case
Just use a good case with proper airflow.

Attached: fortress_ft02_airflow_pathways.jpg (499x480, 63K)

I always used air coolers until I got h110. I always feared leaks but when you see build construction of the hoses it's very unlikely that it will leak. The failure you expect to happen first is pump breaking, and you find it easy, once I replaced my CPU I forgot to plug energy on the aio, temps were rising in 10m I got throttling then I found the pump was off.

>but when you see build construction of the hoses it's very unlikely that it will leak
like theyre not that good

>Are AIOs the biggest meme in the technology industry?

Yes but retards love that stupid shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20180722-020330.png (1080x2160, 1.14M)

Why would companies already selling a product at a premium price level not just use dielectric mineral oil to increase heat transfer and reduce the risk of immediately frying hardware if there's a leak?

My reportedly good stock cooler on 2400G can't even stay below the self-reported danger threshold encoding mp3 at 75%, no OC. I can compile shit at 100% no problem, encoding not so much. Now, I'm not saying I need water cooler, but stock definitely isn't all it could be.

You're probably just using a software that doesn't correctly read the sensors. It's a common issue with Ryzen.

It reports everything from cmos battery voltage to fan speed and that same module reports CPU temps, which are same as what k10temp reports (which reportedly supports ryzen). I'm pretty sure, it's accurate. Now I don't know how the threshold was decided, but I'd like to stay below 70 either way.

Just throw on a panel air conditioner and plug or restrict the air intakes. Shit costs like 300 bux, run it off your power supply. Automatic temp control. Also leave your power supply outside the case.

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-121348.jpg (1080x1920, 386K)

>AMD cooler mounts are a major reason im going intel
The absolute state of Intel shills

Attached: intel.png (477x560, 203K)

I want to properly cool threadrypper 2 and next AMD GPU.

give me a list of components(including the case) for the task.

hexus.net/tech/news/cooling/120056-thermalright-silver-arrow-tr4-threadripper-cooler-launched/
probably your best bet for an air cooler, it's specced for 320W TDP, made for the TR4 socket
as for the case, you just need to find one with good airflow, but there's a bunch of many different brands that can do this

Attached: b40dc0f6-112b-4900-9326-3af856cef337[1].jpg (700x438, 86K)

Thanks!
But my question was more about water cooling.

there is an AIO built specially for TR4, but it performs worse than the noctua single tower cooler under load
you could always go with custom water cooling, but I don't think it's worth the trouble and risk

>you could always go with custom water cooling
That was the idea. AIO only makes sense with GPU, as air is more than enough for the CPU, but if I'm going to go with water, might as well make custom loop with a giant radiator.

then you can just follow any watercooling tutorial on the internet, but you have to buy a TR4 waterblock

I rather not break or bend my Mobo by putting a kilogram of metal and copper heatpipes when a watercooler pump does the same without stressing the mobo.

>Can leak and roast your hardware
What are you poor?

>Unavoidable pump whine
Been using a Lepa 240 rad no whine at all
now rocking a CM ML240M RGB and no sound coming out the pump either

>Performance no better than air cooler
Looks more awesome, and unless you are comparing it to the behemoth Noctua Nh d15 watercoolers are good enough, o and btw 240mm rad is where its at. 120mm are a fucking meme.

there is one thing about AIO that no one really talks about, and it's when you're performing CPU intensive operations for a long time, you heat up the water to such and such a level and it eventually plateaus but all of that heat just gets dumped on the motherboard and graphics card if you're using a front mount AIO, and a top mount would still bring in some warm air.

Whereas an air cooler would bring air from the front, through the heat pipes, and it would exit right out the back without dumping heat all over the rest of the system.

This is the same reason I don't get the hate for blower style cards. I understand that there is a single fan and it's small so it's loud and not as effective, but a non-blower card brings up air through the heatsink and dumps it all over the rest of the case, and if you're using an air cooler then it's gonna be brought through that cooler too

that's why you keep your case with high positive pressure so the air from all components gets forced out of the case quickly

but even then it seems like the best option for truly cool temps is an air cooler and blower style card

a blower style card will run hotter than a open air one, and the temperature difference on the cpu and inside the case between them is almost negligible for it to matter

>highly specialized thermal medium vs upgraded car coolant

car coolant deals with a lot of shit to dissipate the heat from thousands of little explosions every minute

>upgraded
it's just miniaturized and with a slightly different design

you know the only good thing about them is they are easier to take off and clean than air coolers.

>4 screws or sometimes a quick snap mechanism
vs
>8 to 12 screws and tubing in your face

>Have an AIO for my i7 930
>7 years old and still running with no issues

I'm worried the pump will break now.

and the aesthetics of it, not having a big bulky heatsink and fans on your mobo looks better. I'm glad my 212 evo isn't a mammoth like the d14, though when I had an antec kuhler 620 before it, it ran great. No problems for years. I might get another cooler later once the chances of leaks are greatly minimized.

It also has a radiator the size of your PC case and a 150 watt or more set of fans pushing air when the car is stationary.
It also requires servicing at regular intervals.

A closed loop air cooler is also safer for the electronics, as there is no risk of it springing a leak and frying your components.

I can't understand your opinion on this

>be me
>have beefy aircooler on overclocked i7 6700k
>max Temps: 82°C
>Swap aircooler with Corsair H110i V2 AIO
>max Temps: 58°C

BUT!!!
The included fans are extremely shitty and loud.
Swap them for some Corsair ML120 and everything is perfect.

Also you might wanna delid your CPU and apply liquid metal
>max Temp: 42°C

>beefy
>82°C
lol, you don't know what a beefy air cooler is

If was some Noctua NH-D something.
Most shitty aircooler I ever had

i had an overclocked 6700k and an H115i drawing in cool air and i would see 70-75 after 15 minutes

so you're either a shill or a retard who didn't seat/paste the cooler properly

well then use better thermal paste and check if your cool air-intake ist somewhat restricted.

Also the default fans are very shitty

that's like saying an air cooled car engine is the exact same as having the same engine with water jackets and coolant running through it connected to a radiator and fan. one is much more efficient at rejecting heat than the other, and it's the water cooled design.

I decided a while ago to get an AIO for my AMD FX housefire chip because with the stock cooler it was going over 100C. I put in a cheap AIO I got on sale for $22 at frys and when I installed it, one of the mounting screws stripped, but it held. other than that it worked great. it was quiet and my temperatures were just above ambient. A month ago I had to clean out my PC because of dust and somehow I think I must have damaged the AIO, specifically its radiator despite having handled it very gently. the radiator was cold and my CPU was overheating, so I had to remove it and put the stock cooler back in.

I'm going to go for a custom loop because I like the water cooling meme, but I'd rather have something more robust that I can fix myself.

Nope.
I build pcs almost daily since about 7 years.
Because work stuff.

I thought that too at first and replaced it a few times (fresh thermal paste every time [MX-4]).
It didn't got better.

if you really build pcs every day you'd know the exact cooler model you used

I use stock thermal adhesive and stock HSF.

Never once had any problems.

You are all paying out the ass for what equates to putting a fin on your car.

Dude... it was around 2 years back.
I could check my Amazon for orders at that time but fuck you.

I don't have to proof anything to anyone.
Way to much work rn.

The funny thing is people only argue about this due to the reviewers, shills and influencers. Even on stock coolers that actually keep the CPU within optimal operating temps, like almost all of them, you get good enough temps as long as you aren't a poor moron who doesn't have good air conditioning.

>oh no my room is 80+ degrees!
>oh no my temps are high

I bet you don't even know the ambient temperature of your room or its humidity level you fucking morons.

Attached: 1527869557541.jpg (378x263, 22K)

I have a 212 evo on my AMD 8350, now working as a server.
Seems to be doing just fine.

I keep it a fresh 73F year round, and since I'm in Colorado the relative humidity rarely goes above 35%.
Works wonderfully for cooling.

I'm not too sure why my CPU went housefire-mode, all I know is that my AIO significantly impoved temps and stopped my PC from shutting down due to overheating.

I never even tried the stock cooler, it just looked like it was not going to be adequate.
I would recommend the 212 though if you're going to replace your dead AIO. They're the cheapest "real" air cooler for AM3.

I've never had any of these issues, am I doing something wrong?

I might try that, right now I just put the stock cooler back and have underclocked my CPU.

I'm not sure if I still want an air cooler or if I want a custom loop.

>telling porky pies on the internet
Fucking sad mate.

I've had a few of them through various builds and haven't encountered any of this. The first gen model didn't provide any better performance but my new one is better than a CM hyper 212 plus air cooler so there's that. Also It looks significantly better than any air cooler.