Objectively the best USB

>objectively the best USB
>most things other than cell phones still stuck on older USB tech

Any reason why USB Type C hasn't taken off? The tech is old enough now where it should be on everything.

Attached: usbc.png (810x456, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-type-c-870996/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jews

>the best Universal Serial Bus connector
>isn't compatible with any other Universal serial bus connectors
no

>The tech is old enough now where it should be on everything.
It is.
All the new laptops and even PC cases have USB-C on them. Even the microcontrollers for entsusiast-grade mechanical keyboards are starting to get Type-C.

Where do you live that they are not commonplace?

China. Literally China.

>objectively the best
you can't even tell which side is up or down I fucking hate how I have to mark my phone chargers with markers to be able to tell now

wheres my usb c keyboard and mouse?

Attached: 1337507564913.jpg (167x251, 13K)

Not our problem you are poor

It's shit. Easily disconnects and stops working. Mini USB was the best. Still have devices that use original cord.

What is the best phone on the market that doesn't use USB C?

it can only be best if they are backward compatible.

>wheres my usb c keyboard
You can buy one right now. For example, the new Planck, somesplit variants and so on. Soon, as I said, you can even wire one yourself with QMK Proton-C.
>Mouse?
Same. You can literally order one right now from Amazon.

>what are converters

Attached: 1364939516599.png (667x670, 386K)

Bait

>Mini USB was the best
I'm using miniusb keyboard and it constantly disconnects from the slightest movement.
Waiting to build USB-C one soon.

Every piece of USB C tech I have seen is shit. I want something on par with what I currently have, because that is more important than the input.

>I want something on par with what I currently have
I bet $50 that your current keyboard isn't even programmable, so it's shit by default.
Also, I bet another $50 that your definition of "shit" is "not popular" and that you haven't actually tried the analogous products with usb-C.

sure, that exist but best USB type should be backward compatible.

literally why would I want a programmable keyboard? I just use it for games and meming.

unironically, Redmi Note 5 doesn't come with type-c and seems to be one of the best phone in that price range.

>adapters
In other words it's not universal

BlackBerry Passport. It's also the best phone on the market period.

lol because cunts on here still complain when there is no A port like on macs

oems just don't want to pay x cents more for C than micro B

Considering USB's been around for decades and there are decades worth of USB A devices in existence, it's an extremely valid complaint. Needing an adapter for practically everything you own that you can plug into your computer is rather ridiculous.

>literally why would I want a programmable keyboard?
>I just use it for games and meming.
Then you have average keyboard with (at best) some shitty switches or even a membrane. Therefore USB-C variant can't be "shit" compared to what you have.

Just wait for USB-C 3.2. it will be backwards compatible with 3.1, therefore the best by your definition.

>In other words it's not universal
Do you know what "Universal" in USB stands for?

for a short period

if they don't put C on the pc's then it never changes as they're is always an A port

Ideally it's C to C cables for everything, printers, hdds etc or at worst C to whatever is on the device still, micro B, USB B

>Needing an adapter for practically everything you own that you can plug into your computer is rather ridiculous.
I see no problem. Just package an adapter the way you did with Ps/2

>Do you know what "Universal" in USB stands for?
It may use the same protocol, making it universal as far as software goes, but the connector is about as far from universal as it gets.

There will always be USB A devices and there will always be a physical incompatibility between USB A and C.

>just package an adapter
Great, another thing to lose.

mx brown switches and since I work in the dark needs to have a decent backlight. not a fan of gimmicky shit like RGB colors and touch screens either. numpad literally a must too. hard to find a keyboard that fits my needs in general, so I doubt a gimmicky usb c connection to my affordable motherboard that doesnt even have usb c would have it

>There will always be USB A devices and there will always be a physical incompatibility between USB A and C.

Except their won't be, they fact that even phones are going C will push the change more

apple is rumored to go C to lightning and offer 18W charger in the box as well

>floppys gone
>optical drives gone
>optical bays gone on pc cases
>ps/2 gone
>vga gone on all but business stuff
>3.5mm going on phones
>usb spec pushed to limits
>4amps on USB A plugs with dash charging

no no you have everyhting backing up your USB A claim

dell xps is all usb c thunder bolt 3
macbook, macbook pro are all usb c now
even samsungs A line has C

not many company would do that when they can profit by selling an adapter separately.

If the next iPhone has usb c, then prepare for usb c everything

>Except their won't be
What is this phenomenon where USB devices mysteriously vanish? I've never heard of it before now.

they will just be C

C on your device, C on your computer

holy shit just how young are you?

That'd require Apple to get over their NIH syndrome; not going to happen.

>they will just be C
No, devices with A will always be A. Connectors don't magically change.

ok can i have your phone number so in 50 years i can verify if you are using the same tech that you are using in 2018?

I can't give you something I don't have

0/10

Which of the 39 types of USB-C are you referring to?

What? I challenge you to give me one example of a device with a USB A connector spontaneously switching to USB C.

µUSB has a better grip because it has cute little teeth.

Ducky One2 Shine you retard, also stop working in the dark

>since I work in the dark needs to have a decent backlight
Have you ever considered learning to type?

>It may use the same protocol, making it universal.
So it is universal, great.
> connector is about as far from universal as it gets.
It is becoming universal in that sense too.

>Great, another thing to lose.
How the fuck do you lose an adapter for you stationary PC?
I remind you that new portable devices come with Type-C now.

>mx brown switches
At least it's not a membrane, but still one of the objectively worst switches out there.
>and since I work in the dark needs to have a decent backlight.
1. Most meme boards come with LEDs.
2. Learn to touch-type
3. Invest in a lamp.
> numpad literally a must too
Literally not a problem. From full keyboards to a separate macro pad.
Also, how is it "literally a must" for gaming and shitposting.
>. hard to find a keyboard that fits my needs in general
Have you actually tried?
> gimmicky usb c connection
>I doubt
So, you didn't even look? Expected with such attitude.

Don't buy from shitty companies? My Google Pixel and external Samsung SSD actually came with 2 cables (C A and C C). You can also buy cheapo Chinese adapters for close to nothing.

>Connectors don't magically change.
Hardware becomes obsolete and the new one conforms to new standards.
I have actually used a USB2.0 printer that didn't work with USB3.0 laptop. That's just how the things are.

Smartphones.

>how is it "literally a must" for gaming and shitposting.
typing numbers without a numpad is a sign of deflated brain disease

>typing numbers without a numpad is a sign of deflated brain disease
Not an answer. Also:
>Says a person that needs to look at the keyboard to be able to type.

>So it is universal, great.
Software-wise, sure
>It is becoming universal in that sense too.
It will never be universal. Close to it as devices with other connectors fade into oblivion, sure, but never universal.
>How the fuck do you lose an adapter for you stationary PC?
Step 1: Don't use adapter
Step 2: Lose it because you don't use it
>Hardware becomes obsolete and the new one conforms to new standards.
In other words connectors don't magically change.
>Smartphones.
I challenge you to name a single smartphone where the connector spontaneously switched from USB A to C. Not even a single model, just a single device of a given model will do.

Anytime I see someone post their shitty sub-100% board on /mkg/ I instantly know they're Soi incarnate. No sane person actually types numbers without a numpad.

>Software-wise, sure
Great, so it's a USB.
> Close to it as devices with other connectors fade into oblivion, sure, but never universal.
By that logic old USB is not "universal" either.
>Step 1: Don't use adapter
>Step 2: Lose it because you don't use it
1. Then you don't need it in the first place
2. How disorganized can you be?
>In other words connectors don't magically change.
Of course not. They change because people change the.
>I challenge you to name a single smartphone where the connector spontaneously switched from USB A to C.
Nexus to pixel. All the Samsung Galaxies and so on.
>Spontaneously
Are you retarded?
>No sane person actually types numbers without a numpad.
>Sub 100%
My 40% has a numpad.
Also, may use num-row, you elitist prick that can't even touch-type.

Attached: nuh8kgdfdg211.png (2043x663, 152K)

tricked and treated

I can touch type just fine, in fact I'm almost certainly faster at typing than you considering you use such a gimped shitboard

>Great, so it's a USB.
Yes, a non-universal Universal Serial Bus.
>By that logic old USB is not "universal" either.
Not since USB C came out.
>1. Then you don't need it in the first place
And when I do need it it's no longer there.
>2. How disorganized can you be?
I have many things and a USB A to C adapter is extremely tiny.
>Nexus to pixel. All the Samsung Galaxies and so on.
No, the Nexus had USB micro-B and the Pixel had USB C. Previous Galaxies had USB micro-B or USB 3.0 micro-B and later models were released with USB C. There is not a single Galaxy S3 that spontaneously gained a USB C connector due to USB C's release (in fact there are absolutely no device that did so)
>Are you retarded?
No but with each of your posts you're driving me closer to concluding that you are.

>calls others elitist
>uses a 40%
lmao

With the old USB, if something has a USB cable, you better damn well expect it to work on a USB port. Nowadays, you've got a few protocols fighting over the same port. Thunderbolt is an example. Not all ports have it and thunderbolt devices have a connector. If you have to look up if your device works in a port that it fits into then it's not universal.

>I'm almost certainly faster at typing than you considering you use such a gimped shitboard
You talk like an underage person. Name 1 reason typing on my keyboard will be closer, considering I don't even have to move my hands at all.

>Yes, a non-universal Universal Serial Bus.
Nah, it's still just Universal Serial Bus.
>Not since USB C came out.
Even before that as there were different connectors, not directly compatible with USB (PS/2, for example). Yet I don't think you had troubles calling it Universal. Why the sudden change?
>And when I do need it it's no longer there.
1. It's still where you put it.
2. If you don't need it now and all new devices will come out with Type-C, when will you need it and why?
>I have many things and a USB A to C adapter is extremely tiny.
So? You don't have a separate space for peripherals, cables and connectors?
>No, the Nexus had USB micro-B and the Pixel had USB C. Previous Galaxies had USB micro-B or USB 3.0 micro-B and later models were released with USB C. There is not a single Galaxy S3 that spontaneously gained a USB C connector due to USB C's release (in fact there are absolutely no device that did so)
If you want A to C, look at Lenovo laptops.
>No but with each of your posts you're driving me closer to concluding that you are.
Ok.
I don't see a logical connection between the 2 statements.
As I said, had usb2 printer that didn't work over usb3.
Also, I'm pretty sure any non-apple device has the save USB-C.

>Nah, it's still just Universal Serial Bus
Nah
>Even before that as there were different connectors, not directly compatible with USB (PS/2, for example)
Even now there are.
>Yet I don't think you had troubles calling it Universal. Why the sudden change?
Before type C USB was at least universal with itself.
>1. It's still where you put it.
Sure it is.
>2. If you don't need it now and all new devices will come out with Type-C, when will you need it
When I need it
>and why?
Because I fucking need it to plug something into my goddamned computer
>If you want A to C, look at Lenovo laptops.
Literally all I was saying there is if something has X USB port it will _ALWAYS_ have X USB port
>Ok.
ok

WHERE ARE MY ROUND CONNECTORS WITH PROPER DISTRIBUTION OF PINS ALL I WANT IS JUST WERKS CABLES THAT CAN BE PLUGGED IN WITHOUT LOOKING BECAUSE THEY HAVE ROUND CONNECTORS WITH PINS DISTRIBUTED IN SUCH WAY YOU CAN'T FAIL PLUGGING IT IN CORRECTLY THE FIRST TIME

Attached: 1521615375435.jpg (600x600, 20K)

because idiots think you need usb c on both ends

Attached: 1531927799445.gif (330x300, 953K)

>Nah
Yeah, by definition.
>Even now there are.
So nothing changed with Type-C. If it was Universal then, it still is now.
>Before type C USB was at least universal with itself.
Not really, once again, USB2.0 printer didn't work with USB3.0 laptop.
>Sure it is.
>When I need it
>Because I fucking need it to plug something into my goddamned computer
Then you already have it plugged into the computer, so there is no problem.
Once again:
1. If you need it right now, you won't lose it as you are using it.
2. If you don't need it even now, you won't need it in the future, as new devices come with USB-C.
3. If you find some ancient PC somewhere, you have the same problem with all the USB types.
>Literally all I was saying there is if something has X USB port it will _ALWAYS_ have X USB port
1. If all you argument boils down to "old devices have old connectors", that's not a very good argument against anything.
2. "Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon" changes ports with every generation. So it had USB-A and proprietary charging ports, but new one uses USB-C for both. This is a device that had USB-A changed to USB-C.

>Yeah, by definition
no
>So nothing changed with Type-C. If it was Universal then, it still is now
no
>Then you already have it plugged into the computer
No, I plug it into the computer when I need it, but I haven't needed it and in the mean time have lost it.
>If you find some ancient PC somewhere
I won't need to find it, I'll have one. I've got machines that are most likely older than you.
>1. If all you argument boils down to "old devices have old connectors", that's not a very good argument against anything.
The USB alliance buried themselves when they decided on USB A as the host connector. It has been for two decades and it will always be the host connector. USB C is merely a blight on the standard. May as well create a new one at this point.
>2. "Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon" changes ports with every generation
I honestly could not give less of a shit.
>This is a device that had USB-A changed to USB-C.
No, the device with USB A ports is one device, and the one with USB C is another.

Like everything Apple’s done, it’ll be the industry standard within six years. Consumers have suffered long enough under the tyrannical inefficiency of USB-A

Yeah, good luck typing faster while half your punctuation is under a fucking function layer. What's your WPM out of interest?

It's slowly getting more popular.
lmao
I thought so too, the USB port on my Nexus 5X was flimsy and so was the wall socket part, but on my Nokia 8 it feels sturdy and tight.

>Yeah, good luck typing faster while half your punctuation is under a fucking function layer.
All the punctuation is on the primary layer.
Function layers are for special symbols that are usually accessed with "Shift" on regular keyboards and a numpad.
Also, having all the brackets where they are on my picture is amazing.
>What's your WPM out of interest?
Honestly don't know, may check in the evening.

>>Yeah, by definition
>no
Open Wikipedia and read what "Universal" in USB stands for. It's still universal with type-c. Just by saying "no" you wouldn't change or prove anything.
>no
If there is some mistake in my rhetoric I'd like to hear it, but since you just type "no", it's safe to assume there is none.
>No, I plug it into the computer when I need it, but I haven't needed it and in the mean time have lost it.
Why would you need it if you don't need it?
Your strawman example is awful.
>I won't need to find it, I'll have one. I've got machines that are most likely older than you.
Then plug it in them so you don't lose them.
Also, how did you manage not to lose your machines?
>May as well create a new one at this point.
So, nothing of substance to add.
>It will always be the host connector.
Hahahaha.
>I honestly could not give less of a shit.
Then why ask if you are not interested in the answer? I know that it's hard to overcome bias, but you can at least simulate that you are trying.
>No, the device with USB A ports is one device, and the one with USB C is another.
They are both literally different generations of the same device. You asked for an example and I provided you with one. Simply ignoring it is silly.

USB 3.1 Generation 2 should be only interface using type C connector... but no, the retards had to allow Gen 1 USB as well which is literally just USB 3.0 with a type C connector

>Open Wikipedia and read what "Universal" in USB stands for. It's still universal with type-c. Just by saying "no" you wouldn't change or prove anything.
Again, the protocol may be universal but the connector is not.
>Why would you need it if you don't need it?
Because I bought a fucking device that needs it?
>So, nothing of substance to add.
I see you have no argument.
>Hahahaha
I see you have no argument.
>Then why ask if you are not interested in the answer?
Show me where I asked about anything Lenovo.
>They are both literally different generations
In other words one's one device and one's a fucking nother.

Thanks but no thanks I want my devices to potentially not kill each other so until that flaw's been fixed I see no reason to dump A. You have to be a trolodyte to want fucking C on everything. I wish you new gen niggers would send 5 amps through your ports and watch them burn or just destroy your MBP. Because apple shits are the only ones that need a dongle for everything.

>Again, the protocol may be universal
Which means that it's literally the Universal Serial Bus.
>but the connector is not.
Neither were the previous ones (I can't plug mini into micro and so on). So either you say that no USB has ever been universal or you stop your silly bias against Type-C.
>Because I bought a fucking device that needs it?
New devices come with Type-C connectors.
If you bought a pluggable device and it comes with adapter, then you need it => use it => won't lose it.
>I see you have no argument.
My argument is stated in the post you were answering to. Instead of actual answer you went on a tangent that didn't add anything. My argument stands.
>I see you have no argument.
If you cant comprehend what you are reading, connectors change and evolve, there is no connector that will ALWAYS be there. As we can see right now with transition to USB-C and some time ago with a plethora of different ones.
>Show me where I asked about anything Lenovo.
In , where you said
>(in fact there are absolutely no device that did so)
I showed you such a device.
>In other words one's one device and one's a fucking nother.
Nope, same laptop. Once again, this complies with your request in , where you said:
>Not even a single model, just a single device of a given model will do.
This is a single device (laptop) of a given model (X1 Carbon).

the nintendo switch and controllers utilise usb-c and wireless charging

all flagship phones in 2018 use usb-c

many new laptops feature 1 additional usb-c port atleast

enthuasiast grade computer mainboards atleast have 1 usb-c port on the rear and support usb-c on the front via port

bluetooth speakers are very slowy getting usb-c in the midtier region

this is my observation.

the problem is that costs are indistinguishable at the moment for the practical usecase as one could imagine when having keyboard, mouse, microphone, dac and oculus rift all going through an adapter first for ever port in the pc department

Something that Apple sells

Imagine being this much of a faggot. The form factor is shit. There is nothing wrong with normal usb. Stick your adapter up your arse.

>Which means that it's literally the Universal Serial Bus.
Not physically.
>Neither were the previous ones
Until USB C the host connector has always been backwards compatible. Micro USB was understandable to an extent (it allowed a smaller connector but fucked backwards compatibility and the connector in general) but with USB 3.0 micro-B it's backwards compatible with 2.0 micro-B.
>New devices come with Type-C connectors.
Who said it was a new device? Besides, we're talking C to A adapters, not A to C.
>My argument is stated in the post you were answering to. Instead of actual answer you went on a tangent that didn't add anything. My argument stands
In other words you had no argument.
>f you cant comprehend what you are reading, connectors change and evolve, there is no connector that will ALWAYS be there
Then it shouldn't be the UNIVERSAL serial bus. They fucked themselves with the name and now they have to live with it.
>I showed you such a device.
You have yet to do so.
>Nope, same laptop.
No, two different laptops. One's got USB A, one's got USB C. I mean show me a single unique device (same serial no, model no, everything, same device) that changed from A to C. It's impossible and you can't argue otherwise.
>Nope, same laptop.
Nope.
>Once again, this complies with your request in
No, it fucking doesn't.
This is a single device
No, they're two separate devices. No single device has had USB A ports that spontaneously changed to USB C ports. It's literally (this word is overused but seems necessary due to your retardation) impossible.

It takes time.

If we kept that attitude then we'd have kept USB 1.0 backwards compatible with serial ports... Would you have liked to use a dsub for everything in the last 15 years?

Type C is quite a mess actually.

androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-type-c-870996/

>oh noes not every cable supports every feature to its full extent!
not that big of a deal. every cable supports every basic function with every device.

I prefer USB Type A, you know the one that works with fucking everything.

USB A to USB C cables are much more common than USB C to USB C which you arguably don't even need unless you're running a fagbook.

>macfags

>hey, I have this new technology, it's awesome!!!

>it makes your mac buttplug give you 10% more pleasurable vibrations.

>if you don't feel the difference is because your rectum is not sensitive enough.

And after that brainwash, we have OP here, and still you filthy loonix commies are saying that Microsoft is the Empire when Macshit is a dangerous cult, I know they are 4 idiots, but they are noisy as fuck.

Hdmi was released in 2002
The first usb was released in 1995

This, basically it takes time for wide spread adoption of anything but overall I think usb-c is the right choice for the future. A one-fits-all kind of connector is like using webp for every type of image type.

My only gripes are most usb c connectors aren't thunderbolt 3 (40gbps), aren't capable of delivering up to 100 watts of juice, and can't act as native 4K60hz DP connections. If it did all that we could on from usb-a for good.

Attached: belkin-thunderbolt-3-cable-diagram-F2CD081-291x265-v02-r01-us.jpg (291x265, 26K)

Usb c is capable of running that. The problem is with the usb controllers.
Maybe usb 4.0 will bring the same speeds as thunderbolt but i don't think we will ever see 100w on a normal usb.

>best Universal Serial Bus connector
>other Universal Serial Bus connectors
Where did we go so wrong?

Attached: 1d4be5dafa47fb240b97dfe471f2f053.png (350x450, 12K)

Sad because that would have eliminated power cables and people would have just needed 1 cable for power and video/audio signal for their tvs/monitors.

Universal serial bus is about software behind it and not a fucking connector shape

Because stop changing fucking standards.

Ask your mom. Next time clean up your room on your own. Faggot

Nokia 3310

That would be impractical because if all io ports on mobo were thunderbolt 3 the power draw would be huge and display port and the 3.5mm jack/other audio ports are far more superior in their fields

Something like that is bound to happen. As modern amoled tech gets better we could see 4K tvs with a power consumption of like 50 watts soon.

Attached: 2012-01-24_OLED2.jpg (462x213, 38K)

Practically everything you own has a fucking usb A?
How about getting a job faggot?

Another idiot who thinks universal is about connector and not the protocol. Go play gayms moron

Nigga I use old thinkpads. Only retards buy computers new.

>Only retards buy computers new.
No.
Buying new gives two years Warranty, full age of the computer, customer support, new hardware and you can sell it later

>It may use the same protocol, making it universal as far as software goes, but the connector is about as far from universal as it gets.

Universal is about the protocol and not connector. Story end here. People who invented it knew that connectors are going to change. They concern and specification is about protocol, no matter what connectors you use.

>There will always be USB A devices and there will always be a physical incompatibility between USB A and C.

Sure like there "always" will be floppy drives, zip drives, crt monitors and bunch of other relics civilised world have moved from long time ago.

>>just package an adapter
>Great, another thing to lose.

Grow the fuck up will you? If you are a grown up and it just happens you lost a fucking adapter just buy a new one and don't act like a basic bitch next time. Be a man and know where are your tools.

>implying people want to adopt the macbook’s dongle life

>Universal is about the protocol and not connector. Story end here. People who invented it knew that connectors are going to change. They concern and specification is about protocol, no matter what connectors you use.

the end user doesn’t give a shit about protocols, they give a shit about the port, if it fits into their phone/other device, whether or not they have enough of them on their machine, and whether or not the speed/charging is universally the same across all similarly labeled cables

for USB C, ansolutely none of these apply

>brainlet problems

Same as with mini USB, micro USB and other shit.
And you are retarded as fuck. Same thing as to say, end users of cars don't give a shit if it's gasoline, diesel or kerosene. Fuck people who actually invented your product and told you how to use it huh?
Go complain to your car manufacturer and tell him look if it's fuel I expect it to werk. You so dumb

Attached: 1532358160034.png (600x514, 132K)