Antitrust: Commission fines four consumer electronics manufacturers for fixing online resale prices

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-4601_en.htm

>Antitrust: Commission fines four consumer electronics manufacturers for fixing online resale prices

>The European Commission today fined, in four separate decisions, consumer electronics manufacturers Asus, Denon & Marantz, Philips and Pioneer for imposing fixed or minimum resale prices on their online retailers in breach of EU competition rules.

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: European_Commission.svg.png (1280x887, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17246083
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10012765
asml.com/press/press-releases/zeiss-and-asml-strengthen-partnership-for-next-generation-of-euv-lithography-due-in-early-2020s/en/s5869?rid=54430)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The EU once again proving it's anti-corporation. No wonder it doesn't have any big tech companies.

>europe
>getting cucked by government
what else is new

>imposing fixed or minimum resale prices
I don't get it. Why can't they set their own price?

What else do you expect from rebranded soviet union? (Inb4 shut up burger - I am feom european union country)

Truly an utopia, just the opposite of dystopian worlds full of corporate brainwash and slavery.

Good.
Someone tip them off about RAM pricing.

>that boomer that pretends to be X while shitting on X when X is doing good
Radical, I tip my fedora to you, fa... sir.

>Fixing prices
Yea, thats fine. EU now that is evil.

because they agreed between each other on a fixed amount which is anti competitive practice.

They can in their own shops, they can't tell third party resellers what price to sell their shit at.

Who gives a shit about corporation size? How is that a metric of anything good?
While in Europe Airbus is already starting to implement automated drone taxicabs, Americans are still grounded thanks to massive oil lobby thanks to your superpowerful corporations.
We are technologically way ahead of ya.

Attached: 1532494617178.jpg (1920x1013, 256K)

Holy shit, looking at this really makes one see what a capitalist shithole the US is, in the US something like that could never happen, big corporations control the government, not vice versa.

Attached: 1516724981664.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

OH YES YES YES YES YES you mean.

Attached: 007.gif (200x200, 735K)

Geez, I can't wait until summer ends and these idiotic lolbertardian faggots leave Jow Forums already.

>boomer
that aplies to americans only kid

>doing good
no. that anti democratic shit is not doing anything good. Can't wait till it breaks like all other comunist shits.

You rerard they arent even competing companies. Asus got busted alone for laptops

>We are technologically way ahead of ya.
The utter delusion of Eurocucks is something else. The only worthwhile country of your shitty little 50's utopia was the UK, now they're leaving. What have you got?
>AI
Well DeepMind is headquarted in the UK...but now that's leaving.
>Space
No real innovation there, in the US we've got SpaceX, Blue Origin and ULA. I guess you've got Virgin Galactic and that Skylon thing (which is pretty cool)....but both of those are in the UK, so again they're leaving.
>Biotech
The UK is pretty big on that, but again they're leaving.
>Software
Obviously in the US we have the biggest, most innovative tech companies in the world. What does the EU have in that regard? Nothing. The best you have is probably in the UK (a-fucking-gain) when it comes to domain specific stuff relating to finance. But beyond that nothing.
>W...well Germany manufactures cars
Cars so shitty they had to lie on their emissions test. You can't even innovate on centuries old technology. Meanwhile in the US we have companies like Tesla, which while I don't like Musk that much, is at least developing something new.

All of this is just off the top of my head.

The EU is dead, at least when it comes to technology.

imaging being this retarded

Absolutely top notch reply. user utterly btfo.

>implying people in defence for people against corporations is anti-democratic
HAHAHAHA
Is that what they brainwash you in US schools? I think secretly you wish you where actually European.

I don't see a single actual argument here, except "muh SpaceX".
Everything else you just shot down without any explanation. Plus every argument you point out you make up yourself.

This must be what 100% defence mode looks like.

>The EU is dead, at least when it comes to technology.
Is that why our trains look like the one on the top whereas yours look like the one on the bottom?
Stay butthurt.

Attached: trains.jpg (950x1169, 407K)

>I don't see a single actual argument here
>I'm a massive retard
Gee user, let me help you there:
>The EU has absolutely no innovation outside the UK.

The argument was implicit in the post, but I guess Euros are too retarded to pick up on implications. Nevermind.

>Everything else you just shot down without any explanation
>Translation: "I can't prove you wrong, so I'll just assert that you are"

>>Biotech
>The UK is pretty big on that, but again they're leaving.
Wait, are you talking about Europe or European Union? UK will still remain in all the business related benefits. If they ever sort out the Brexit shit.
Europe is not just a union of countries, it's a geographical location of land with many countries and deals between them, US citizens must have a hard time understanding anything like this with the US being a union of states under one supreme government.

You're not making any arguments, that's why I can't argue with you.
You ignore European companies, point out things like Brexit when it's irrelevant...

This is self delusion because your fake patriotism. No amount of autistic screeching will help you, only make it worse.

>Wait, are you talking about Europe or European Union?
This should be obvious given the context of the thread. Although it's kind of irrelevant, the only parts Europe that are worth talking about are all part of the EU anyway.

>UK will still remain in all the business related benefits
Ah! So despite them not being part of your quaint little bloc, you'll still use them to win an argument. That's a bit pathetic desu.

Good thread OP, 300 guaranteed butthurt 'murifat replies

Attached: 1489394205321.png (300x366, 218K)

>the only parts Europe that are worth talking about are all part of the EU anyway.
>Ah! So despite them not being part of your quaint little bloc
First you totally blew this one because I'm in fact living in Scotland.
Second, Europe is a landmass, not just a union and yes, plenty of non-EU states are in the beneficial marketing agreements that EU was first established for.

Still no real arguments, just pure bitter butthurt. What a giggle.

>You're not making any arguments
Let me rephrase, again, in the hopes of getting you to actually engage.
>"There are no innovative companies in the EU outside of the UK"

This is demonstrably true, given the abject lack of any major players in any of the fields that I've mentioned.

Pro tip: The fields I've mentioned, I mentioned because they're booming industries that'll be buoying up your GDP in the next 30 years. Much like the silicon revolution did for the US.

US infrastructure is a fucking joke, it's literary a corporate shithole for corporations to brainwash people, so that the fraction of high up families can rule over a herd of sheep.

That's the thing dude, you don't need a dozen megacorporations when your people and GDP will do fine with a few hundred dozen small companies. A healthy competitive market, not a toxic and corrupt one. You have much to learn.

You wrote all this, because you felt threatened by a little post by an anonymous faggot on a taiwanese knitting forum?

>our corporations are bigger than yours
Imagine actually believing unironically that's anything but a bad thing.

>our
That's not the entire EU. trains in shittier countries look like ones on bottom, or worse. Germany is sucking the economy of all other countries. Where will EU go after everything other than Germany collapses? You'll either see other countries leaving EU or lose themselves to germs.

Rofl, in shitholes in Europe like Estonia and Romania are lightyears ahead of America in things like internet connection speed.

You think cyberpunk media didn't have its roots in the truth? They believe anything, it's a be pilled or be a sheep till death land.

>felt threatened
More just bored on the internet, so decided to explain to Eurocuck why Europe is inferior to the US. I've yet to see anyone put any arguments out that counter what I've said.

>>Biotech
>The UK is pretty big on that, but again they're leaving.
You know Bayer, a German company, bought Monsanto a couple of years ago?

Even shithole countries in Europe have superior infrastructure to yours. You are a retard country, where 99% of you are brainwashed retards ruled by a 1% abusing you all for financial gain, with you believing it's their right to do so.

The second you start defending megacorporations like it's a good thing, the second you lost.
Not just on the internet, but in life, because the chances of you being ever the miniscule fraction to benefit from megacorporations is close to zero. All you have is loss and almost no win.

Pretty sure it must be butthurt when you start using words like "cuck", fear does things to a man, makes them feel uneasy, so they go full defensive on a anonymous forum nobody even gives a fuck about.

No! Shut up! That's not true, I say what's true and the US is better... BETTER! REEE STOP!

Of course not all trains look like that, but America also still has shit like pic related.

Attached: unironical_steam_locomotive_in_twenty_fucking_eighteen.jpg (3000x2000, 3.69M)

>a couple of years ago?
You mean last month? And that's only after the EU made them divest from a load of other agritech holdings. Besides this almost proves my point. Euro company couldn't innovate, so it just bought a US company.

Fantastic arguments, anons. Anyone feel like actually addressing the point (that innovation in the EU/Europe is non-existent) or are we just going to fling shit at each other?

>The only worthwhile country of your shitty little 50's utopia was the UK
ah yes, the uk, the sick man of europe, the same uk that has shifted to a service economy, the same uk that argued about protecting fishing and agriculture (read: fruit picking) industries as opposed to tech based industries during brexit
put down your brexit propagana book m8, nobody from the uk will buy your bullshit about the uk being a tech haven and nobody from the eu will buy that they have no tech industry

>This is demonstrably true
it's only true if you ignore european companies you fucking retard
>what is airbus, BAE, bayer, volvo, nokia, phillips, ericsson, schneider electric, siemens, bosch, continental, michelin, volkswagen

denon niggerbassheads BTFO

All that carbon monoxide and soot for 20 fucking logs.

So your arguments are that when a EU company buys a US company, because it's easier to be a corporate asshole in the US, it's a good thing for the US?
So you're literary getting used by the EU while trying to argue that you're better?

>Fantastic arguments, anons. Anyone feel like actually addressing the point (that innovation in the EU/Europe is non-existent) or are we just going to fling shit at each other?
Since when are we talking about innovation specifically? You started talking about corporations like SpaceX.

>innovation in the EU/Europe is non-existent
This is a list of countries by nobel laureates per capita. Notice anything?

Attached: nlpc.png (672x1045, 61K)

Retard amerimutt blown the fuck out.
Stick with eating fast food, you manlet fat cunt.

Yeah, it's dominated by European countries.

Rest of the world, are you even trying?

Attached: 391739670-eu-flag-european-union-waving-sway-blue-sky.jpg (960x540, 29K)

That one faggot who keeps bragging about US being the best just because corporations.
You DO realize that the US is behind of EU and the rest of the world on almost every list about all things related to quality of life in every table?

Attached: 1516720837829.png (600x675, 334K)

>uk that has shifted to a service economy
I take it you're one more person that doesn't know what the "service economy" is. I'll help you, the service economy is any part of the economy that provides a service (ie doing something on someone else's behalf) I guarantee you that, unless you're living in China or some other shit hole, your economy has also shifted to a service economy.
>BAE
UK
>nokia
Dead
>volkswagen
>continental
See

>UK
>worthwhile
UK has been completely worthless ever since they gave up on colonies.

>tripadvisor and trivago

>Since when are we talking about innovation specifically?
Since the fucking beginning.
>You started talking about corporations like SpaceX.
So I take it you think SpaceX isn't innovating? Well I see that I'm arguing with a retard.

If you're about innovation specifically, sure It's not as much fun though when we don't have anything to argue about though, corporational use of people for data mining for example, something the US is leading in, is a much better topic to talk about than innovation, something Europe is leading anyways.

>That one faggot who keeps bragging about US being the best just because corporations.
Utter strawman, I've set out my argument in three (3) different times.

>You DO realize that the US is behind of EU and the rest of the world on almost every list about all things related to quality of life in every table?
Completely orthogonal (that means at right angles, or in this case completely unrelated) to any argument made in this thread.

>muh SpaceX
Imagine actually sucking up to that massive fraud Elon Musk...

Attached: ulpuc1c0p4911.jpg (878x1824, 102K)

That was an argument that you shot down on. You never posted an argument to and post that made a valid counterargument to you also. I smell brainlet, you can't even execute bait well.

I see no arguments here. I've mentioned that I don't really like Musk, but it's undeniable that SpaceX has made launches cheaper.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU! US #1, US #1 LALALALALA!!!! :^)

EU protects its own citizens. when a megacorp wants to make money they move to the us, where slave labor is legal. I dont see any issues with this

>I smell brainlet, you can't even execute bait well.
Yet you all keep replying, doesn't even matter if eu is better, you're still as dumb as the murican mutts

>You never posted an argument
If you read the thread carefully you might find the three posts (and the two posts where I explicitly state the argument as if I'm arguing with a fuck load of autistic retards who can not into nuance).

>Cars so shitty they had to lie on their emissions test
Harley Davidson and General Motors did the exact same thing the exact same year. The difference is that in Europe it blew up while in 'murrica those corporations just had to say "lol, 'murrica fuck yeah freedom if u fine us TERRORISM winz" and thus they got away with it.

>The difference is that in Europe it blew up
Errr it was exposed by Americans, in America. And how exactly did it blow up? Have they been fined yet? I can only find some news articles from a few years back saying they "face" fines.

ITT Burgers mad at a government that governs the corporations

imagine the smell haha

>>W...well Germany manufactures cars
>Cars so shitty they had to lie on their emissions test. You can't even innovate on centuries old technology. Meanwhile in the US we have companies like Tesla, which while I don't like Musk that much, is at least developing something new.

>All of this is just off the top of my head.
>The EU is dead, at least when it comes to technology.

Just off the top of my head, what about Siemens owning Parasolid and Dassault owning ACIS, geometric kernels that are widely used in top-tier CAD/CAM software. (Besides making their own.) Recently Siemens bought Mentor Graphics so they have IC layout software now as well.

The Dutch company ASML is currently the world's largest supplier of semiconductor photolithography systems. As far as I understand even Intel depends on technology/machines supplied by ASML.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17246083
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10012765
(Btw it. looks like ASML are in cooperation with Zeiss among others: asml.com/press/press-releases/zeiss-and-asml-strengthen-partnership-for-next-generation-of-euv-lithography-due-in-early-2020s/en/s5869?rid=54430)

I'm from EU country and say it's USSR 2.0

I know what a service economy is you mong, listing a dictionary definition is not a rebuttal, the uk has more of its gdp output and workforce in service jobs than it does industry comapred to france, germany, italy, spain, ukraine, poland, romania, etc, by quite some margains, you're not going to convince any europeans and certainly not any brit that the uk is a manufacturing industry haven while europe is a desolate wasteland
>Dead
then have some more, what is leonardo, the thales group, safran, novo dordisk, merck, novartis, lyondellbasell, akzonobel, electrolux, TE connectivity, alstom, sandvik, atlas copco, et fucking c
sure, just ignore the dozens and dozens of >$10bn US dollar revenue conglomerates and thousands of smaller companies and the eu totally has no industry
>See
continental do more than just cars, and while german car manufactures cheating on emissions test is laughable you're basically mad that they're not meeting arbitrary guidelines to make their vehicles worse, if you're going to say that they don't count because they had controversies you may as well say every car manufacturer doesn't count because they've all done scummy things and have put out shitty products
and while I haven't listed them, pretty much any notable european (inc british) automotive manufacturer also deals heavily in aerospace and agricultural/industrial engines and equipment

Elon Musk is not American. Pathetic trying to steal people from other places around the world to make yourself seem better.

Sorry, not working, 'Murimutts.
Best part is that you guys probably have no idea what actual Communism is or what USSR actually was.

it's not america's fault that they can't tell the difference between an african and an american

>I know what a service economy is you mong
You clearly don't. For instance: SpaceX, Google, aspects of Microsoft are all part of the services economy.
>you're not going to convince any europeans and certainly not any brit that the uk is a manufacturing industry haven while europe is a desolate wasteland
What the fuck? Who the fuck mentioned manufacturing? One more desperate strawman from a Euro that can't defend Europe's shitty record in innovation over the past 40 or so years.

>you're basically mad that they're not meeting arbitrary guidelines to make their vehicles worse
Interesting that you think NOx emissions guidelines are arbitrary. You know that NOx emissions contribute to acid rain right? Like the acid part of acid rain. That's quite an unhealthy attitude to science and evidence you have there.

>For instance: SpaceX, Google, aspects of Microsoft are all part of the services economy.
wow, companies with marketers and software companies are part of the service industry? tell me more
if I knew your only concern was entirely software I would have mentioned sap, dassault systèmes, hexagon, wincor nixdorf, the aessco group, or if consumer trash is more your preference then software like linux, skype, spotify, soundcloud, jetbrains, utorrent, etc
>What the fuck? Who the fuck mentioned manufacturing?
ah yes, spacex does no manufacturing, the space industry isn't a manufacturing and research industry, 'biotech' isn't manufacturing - just ignoring biomanufacturing entirely I see, technology totally isn't manufacturing and engineering guys !! it's all about research and software !!
>One more desperate strawman from a Euro
your entire fucking post here is a strawman and then you go on to strawman me in your next sentence

I'm a brit btw, tell me more about how europe doesn't stack up

who the fuck pruned the thread

Buthurt Euro janitor probably.

Reminder that G*ogle, Facebook and the like are advertisement companies, not tech companies.

The funny thing is that the UK has demonstrably less innovation than any other place in Europe.
They are busy arresting people for not having loicences.

und zho, the zhousnd year riech beguns

>Musk was ousted in October 2000 from his role as CEO (although he remained on the board) due to disagreements with other company leadership, notably over his desire to move PayPal's Unix-based infrastructure to Microsoft Windows.

Attached: massive_faggot.jpg (749x825, 128K)

Musk is an overrated individual leeching off taxpayer money to create false hopes.

Attached: FB_IMG_1532537734191.jpg (541x300, 18K)

I'd rather pay my electronics more and not be invaded by millions of arabs and niggers desu.
Meanwhile Apple and Google still won't pay taxes.
EU is a meme

>Antitrust: Commission fines four consumer electronics manufacturers for fixing online resale prices
BASED
A
S
E
D

This desu, let the amerimutt corporate kike anal devastation flow

>Dassault Systems
>Airbus
>Thalès
>Safran
Yeah no tech company

AMERIMUTTS BTFOREVER

>STM
>Ericsson
>Nordic Semi
>ASML
>Infineon

I'm an EU citizen and I really like the fact that the EU is suing companies especially tech companies. However I still agree with most of you guys. In the EU we don't have giant tech company since the EU started. Yes we have Siemens, SAP(???) but that's all.

In Germany (where I live) it is extremely complex to get a startup rolling. And getting some capital for your first products it's almost impossible. The only way you can count on money is to ask the government. But they give you for 14 months 1.000€/month, which is a total joke.

I'm a proud citizen because we have strong laws and the EU tries to keep them. I like the way it sues Google, Apple and more tech companies. I like all the new shiny tech, but I hate it where the directions goes. 24/7 cloud, all personal information are online no privilege for your privacy. I really hope that the EU will get this fixed soon. Thats the only reason why I'm still living in Germany (EU)

is this a real onions

onions