New manager walks in

>new manager walks in
>wants to change everything
>pushes meme frameworks onto us
>nobody has working knowledge of them
>basically job is now to learn meme frameworks to redo the same exact 4 pages app
>app is working perfectly as it is right now

>website with in house custom CMS
>new manager walks in
>wants to change everything
>pushes WORDPRESS onto us
>shit is so bad we need to scale up to handle that shitty piece of software
>site and CMS were working perfectly as they were

>good group of people working well together
>new manager walks in
>we need more diversity
>brings in Pajeet and Shanice
>group homogeneity broken
>people quit

>tfw the tech industry has become a meme for MBA douche bags to validate their diploma in the real word
>tfw I want out of this industry ASAP

Attached: feelcry.png (350x420, 36K)

just don't live in a third world country then

become manager

become manager and remove framework

not op, i actually fully intend to do that once everyone fails to deliver anything useful

>it's my turn now

Attached: feel_old.jpg (482x427, 36K)

>tfw the tech industry has become a meme for MBA douche bags to validate their diploma in the real word
Sounds like you just worked for shit companies. We shifted from .NET to ReactJS based on requirements established by the team not by a single person calling the shots. Did you speak up against the manager to tried to change everything?

>have fun getting fired and having a black mark on your resume forever

You don't get fired for having conflicting opinions. If you don't speak up against terrible ideas they won't know they're terrible and the problem will repeat itself.

>user it says here you were fired from your last job, what happened
>Oh I disagreed with the way my boss thought things should be done
>I see. Well we can't have dissenters here either, we believe in complete subjugation of our staff too so off you go, get out

see

If a company is firing you for differing opinions it either:

A) Doesn't value developers
B) Was looking for an excuse to fire you
C) Your opinions are retarded

I work for a software company and we'd be more likely to get fired for being silent/passive instead of voicing our concerns over something like a framework switch.

So are you guys NEETs larping or do you just work for terrible companies?

>You're literally not meant to care

>working as part of a team
>working in the same state or country as your boss
Fuck you're archaic.

this

>a company that values coders vs management
Oh I've seen that episode, it was a funny one, especially the part when they rehire a brand new team

>having to physically come to work
pathetic
>having to hear your boss
*sips*
>having to talk to your boss on a slack server
$ O Y B O Y
>having to witness the results of your boss's internet connection
archaic

>slack
The basedest.

Damn, they filtered s o y.
That was funny.

>manager accidentally overbooks company, workload like twice what is actually possible
>hires random code monkeys from .. somewhere to "get it done" and "even out the workload"
>senior dev I've been trying to keep in check jumps at the chance to explain his new architecture ideas to new blood
I felt some mild concern at this point but was busy with my own projects and just tried to ignore the shit.

>some weeks pass and they're still having trouble setting up environments
>review process is streamlined after it impedes "progress"
>starting to hear stuff about review, unit tests and linters being ignored and API being reworked to better support the frontend's special needs
I guess I should have sounded the alarm at this point but didn't want another project on my table.

>about 10 months pass, shit doesn't work despite intensified reviews and crisis meetings
>code monkeys are laid off, senior dev is disgraced and pushed aside
>manager asks if I can have a look at the code and see what the problem is
There isn't enough booze to bring me peace at this point.

Product manager here, if ur manager didn’t give you context or invite key team members to planning stages of these changes then they’re going against the current best practices in the industry.

Additionally you can assume that these broad of changes came from higher than them, so that may suggest a changing attitude to tech debt and/or the integrity of existing systems. A manager doesn’t just wake up and decide to refactor the whole fuckin platform for no reason.

I guess it’s also possible you just work somewhere with poor management tho

this

This is why one should always stall, delay, make excuses, put off, any changes a manager wants. You wait until they change their mind or are replaced. Duh.

Underrated post, this guy is actually in the industry

Sounds like you just avoided being employed at a shit company.

every new higher up manager will make a statement that the previous one did a shitty job
if he's a tech manager such as a CTO, he WILL enforce new tech to make this point
>product manager
LEL if there is one (1) guy that has to roll with everything and STFU when it comes to tech, it's the product manager

I guess, unless you work at a company with no EM and you were able to catch up on the frameworks and QA process of the product fast enough to win trust of devs

It doesn't fucking matter, you are fired. And if your company allows you to voice your opinion freele, is because management allows it, not for any reason.
Lastly, good luck trying to get a job in IT if you are older than 35.

>have a job
fuck you

>working full time, let go, called back for part, had to leave because they weren't paying me (they actually ran out of money because people aren't paying contracts on time)
I'd like to not complain because I got to make new tools for us and work in a very good environment, but NOT PAYING PAID, NOT FULL TIME trumps anything else.

This guy works in the industry.

This one does not.

>custom CMS

Wow, OP is the biggest fucking retard in the world. No wonder they got a new manager to clean house, the company was spending gobs of money reinventing the fucking wheel.

Let me break it down for you. You don't hire a team of coders to make a CMS because there are CMS' on the market that have worked out all the problems that arise with designing such a thing already. They work out all the security and scaling issues. There are literally thousands of coders working on wordpress and other CMS and most of them are probably better than you.You don't reinvent the wheel. You definitely don't reinvent the wheel and build it specifically for each new wagon.

Example: I know about a company that has spent 2 million dollars building a custom CMS. 2 million dollars. On something that exists they could have bought for a 100 bucks. Got needs it doesn't provide? That is why wordpress has PLUGINS and there is a whole industry of coders that do nothing but PLUGINS.

That manager thinks you're all retarded and he is right. They're probably going to do a code review and figure out your code is garbage.

Attached: 10yearsold.jpg (280x268, 53K)

this

>It doesn't fucking matter, you are fired
If you know what you're doing, you can get notice the signs and get another job before they can fire you.

>reinventing the fucking wheel
>rebuilding something built before wordpress and functioning perfectly
you dumb faggot nigger
KYS

>functioning perfectly

I doubt that. Good luck on your code review. Hope you don't have any glaring security issues.