Things can't get any worse for Inte-

>things can't get any worse for Inte-

Attached: IMG_20180725_183414.jpg (2052x1113, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redgamingtech.com/intel-skylake-benchmarks-surface-15-ipc-gains-on-skylake-s/
youtu.be/G3kGSbWFig4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where the fuck is cannon lake you niggers

Is it dead?

>

It's a datacenter roadmap.

>tfw when most expensive intel cpu gets obliterated by the

>"Future"
>_____________

HHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

JUSTnich is out yet they're still fucking up.
I-Intel?

To be fair, long living sockets is also a problem. Look at 775:
>lived through 3 generations of memory
>lived through several generations CPUs
>lived through 2 generations of GPU buses

Imagine a boot stepping on a lake, forever.

AM4 is explicitly DDR4.
Simple as shit.

So they are letting AMD steamroll their enterprise segment for the next 3 years?

Yes.
They have no asnwer.
And EMIB is no longer an advantage since Intel opened AIB interface.

What should they do? They've lost their advantage in the process node and in the architecture. Zen2 will have 10-15% higher IPCs than Zen(+) and is therefore even faster than Coffe Lake IPC wise. The core series architecture is completly maxed out when it comes to ipc, only adding more cache can help a bit but that's expensive.
And their monolithic design is absolutely no match for an well implemented mcm design like zen that might also get further improvements by using active interposers.
If AMD plays this right their stock price can multiply several times in the next 3 years.

Literally DoA.

This but unironically, sell everything Intel

Attached: 1500639922851.png (2250x2324, 107K)

Icelake will be 20% higher IPC than Skylake, Intel has nothing to worry about

$0.02 14nm++++++++ sheckels have been placed into your account, goy.

redgamingtech.com/intel-skylake-benchmarks-surface-15-ipc-gains-on-skylake-s/

Sounds familiar.

Sounds interesting. Source?

Sandy - ivy = 1 year 5% IPC
ivy - haswell = 1 year 5% IPC
haswell - broadwell = 1 year 5% IPC
broadwell - skylake = = 1 year 5% IPC
skylake - icelake = 4 years 20% IPC

it's shekels you stupid goy

never saw something so autistic in my life, you don't deserve internet access

Attached: 1513763670899.gif (200x270, 1.12M)

It's the truth, it offends you and brings me joy, stay MAD!

>Sandy - ivy = 1 year 5% IPC
>ivy - haswell = 1 year 2% IPC
>haswell - broadwell = 1 year 1% IPC
>broadwell - skylake = = 1 year 0.5% IPC
Exactly

That was the CEO's choice also. What a coincidence

Attached: 1526770726767.jpg (331x167, 6K)

Source for those IPC changes? Why is it exactly 5% every time? Why not more sometimes? Or less?

Attached: 1528990828374.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

>this image is 5 years old now
Fuck.

Attached: 1530540611364.png (500x449, 139K)

Attached: 1492139297054.jpg (752x548, 282K)

Attached: Generational CPU IPC.png (2671x1777, 170K)

And this.

Attached: Intel-Prozessoren-Single-Thread-IPC-Performance.png (483x523, 37K)

xD you definitely showed bro!

Shut up infinity glue have lots of latency
Plus shitty zen frequencies
Meme ram
Seriously these amd toy cores can't deal with Intel Chad cores even after Intel patches

They will have to redo the whole thing from scratch, just like AMD did.

TEJAS INCOMING
MAY THE PLANET BURN TO ASHES

How many vulnerabilities do Intel CPUs have now? I've lost count. They might as well just shipped us CPUs with bullet holes in them ffs.

The people that still choose Intel:
- People who don't know better
- People in denial
- People who can't accept change
- People who hate that "something" whatever regardless

4 patches around 1-2% each... imagine 10 patches that's anywhere from 10%-20% thats a lot if you look at how it adds up. were already at 4-8% and Intel has no new architecture... 10nm process wont come till 2020... yeah its looking bad for intel. AMD is getting a new arch 2019 with 7nm process...

The Spectre Story really Kills SSD iops performance for me from 220000 to 80000 and you can actually feel it for example start of Windows

And IBM POWER is advancing faster than Intel at this point.

If each patch shaves off a percent here and there, it adds up. No end in sight for the security flaws. Who knows what it will be like in a few years time. I wouldn't be able to purchase such a current CPU from Intel personally. AMD is not perfect on the security front, but at least their processors don't have as many holes as swiss cheese.

I must admit 1-3 fps dosent sound alot but considering that in some games ryzen cpus are only 5-10 fps behind intel it does close the gap a bit more, also when you have to butcher a brand new cpu and void your warranty to just keep a intel cpu cool enough so it doesnt melt the ice caps and add to global warming it isnt looking so good to buy a intel add the future release of next gen ryzen and you do have to wonder

1-5% loss multiple times over for every patch eventually leads to serious losses over time. I'm holding out for hardware fixes at this point.

POWER is still a bunch of useless housefires that no one but vendorlocked shops would ever touch.

Version 1: approx. 5% performance reduction, Version 2 the same until what, version 20? The cpu will get to bulldozer levels

Used to be more true but they seem to be advancing a lot in recent time

No, they're only ever used as a bargaining chip with Intel/AMD to get the deals cheaper.

>Future Xeon
>gray colored
RIP in pieces

If you want to run Android Studio for Android development you have to buy whatever turd Intel is selling.

Not anymore iirc.

Intel unique vulnerabilities? Two if I remember correctly, maybe three. Meltdown, something else, and ?
Most timing side channel attacks work on both companies' architectures. It's simply a matter of calibrating the data collection.

> tfw 64c/128t Epyc in 2019
ayy lmao?

If you Run Android ROMs using Android Studio you have to go with Intel. Otherwise ROMs slow down to the point of being useless.

Not anymore, iirc.

Shill

>Shut up infinity glue have lots of latency
There's a pretty interesting paper about active interposer. For high core count cpu's (I.e. 64cores) this is actually better than a monolithic design. A short video about this: youtu.be/G3kGSbWFig4
>Plus shitty zen frequencies
14nm LPP is a process designed for phones with a 3Ghz target frequency. 7nm will be a real high performance process. Remember that the old fx processor could also hit 5Ghz on 28nm. Zen2 will hit 5Ghz no doubt.
>Meme ram
Infinity fabric is a weak point, that's for sure.
>Seriously these amd toy cores can't deal with Intel Chad cores even after Intel patches
It's not unreasonable to assume that Zen2 will have better single core performance than the intels 9000 series
has. Probably both: Better ipc and better clockspeeds.

Attached: leave.png (360x331, 69K)

And will not get 4.7 GHz on 8 cores I can garantee you. Mostly it will reach 4.3

This is true only if you play a game with 100fps or lower. On 120-144hz point zen is still a disgrace

High core count is a totally different CPU, and Intel mesh can be worse than epyc.
At such high core count you need to use different numa nodes anyway, and in this epyc excels vs skylakex/purley

You forgot threadripper

>And will not get 4.7 GHz on 8 cores I can garantee you. Mostly it will reach 4.3
I guarantee you it will be faster than 4.3Ghz Base (at least the high end sku). An all core Turbo could actually max out at 4.7Ghz. That said if you oc I can also guarantee you that 5Ghz won't be a problem with a good air cooler or aio water cooling.

>POWER
>Vendorlocked
It's a house fire, but openPOWER is a thing.

No one touches POWER unless they're using POWER already.
It's a vendorlock.

>He doesn't have a Talos II Secure Workstation

Attached: 1518336601293.jpg (680x453, 74K)

>useless shit with no software that no one will ever buy
Again?

Only idiots choose intel with all the exploits floating around

>He uses hardware riddled with backdoors just to play video games and use GUIs designed by pajeets and liberal arts retards who wouldn't know good UX if they stubbed their cursor on it.

Attached: legolaugh.jpg (365x346, 16K)

Better than being a braindamaged stalldrone with no software.

Why are you so mad?
It has everything I need to do science, loads of threads, a browser, a text editor and a latex distribution.

>I
(You).
Not everyone has the most basic software needs.

Security doesn't matter

Servers don't matter

Good goy, show your support for diversity and jewish people.

Attached: Ryzen_2_benchmarks_2.jpg (835x342, 49K)