CS Degree

I’ll be going to an accredited but low ranked state university for CS. How important is it where my CS degree is from as far as internships and getting hired?

Attached: 325FE186-3F54-4400-B148-0AE59FA5BBF0.jpg (1692x1252, 123K)

Same my school is brainlet tier.

I still got an internship though this summer and I think I can get a job next year so I'm not too worried.

That’s nice to hear. Yeah internships are my main worry, but I could always apply to ones outside of what the college offers.

Fuck off to Jow Forums
Here's free advice dipshit, you already fucked up by going to college . Not only is Jow Forums completely delusional on what is a good salary but trade school still exists and is way better. Why the fuck would you want a job working with computers all day? Did your parents or some mentor feed you some shit about how you're smart and good at computers or something? Don't major in cs fuckhead.

>majoring in cs

If I had a nickel for every incoming CS and linguistics major...

>How important is it where my CS degree is from as far as getting hired?
You'll need to make up for your crappy school by attaining a ridiculously high GPA. In addition to that, you'll probably want to join their honors program and possibly attain an internship.
>How important is it where my CS degree is from as far as internships?
Well, you'll most likely get the "bottom of the barrel" in terms of lucrative internship offers and co-ops, but you can use it as a stepping stone in conjunction with your GPA for attaining a better job or graduates degree from a better recognized and heavily recruited university.

I'm in the same position myself. My GPA is immaculate, but my university has no "real" selection for internships or recruitment from major companies. This is why I'm working part time for a major company. Using this crappy job I have now as an "in" to be more likely to get picked for an internship with them, so I can use all of this as leverage to attain a spot within a reputable graduates program that is heavily recruited by major companies after I graduate.

> t. 30 year old boomer vet going to Uni for CompSci

Ranks don't matter dude, internships barely matter

T. Working a cushy $45k salary job

>got into one of the best colleges in my state
>didn't get into CS despite having higher stats then a lot of people who did get in
>most the people who got in to CS are low IQ, 2.5 GPA retards who just got in due to diversity quotas
>going in first year with an "undecided major"
>plan to study like an Asian kid and try to transfer into CS at the start of Sophomore year

Am I going to make it Jow Forums?

Attached: c6e.jpg (722x349, 85K)

I majored in "Informatics" from a school people laugh at. Still managed to get high quality internships and a high paying job out of it. I would suggest you look into a software engineering degree rather than cs.

Get a personality , stop being raised by Jow Forums

>Ranks don't matter dude
I agree with you that ranks in general don't matter, but certain schools are more heavily recruited by major companies than others. With that being said, if one wanted to attain a job more efficiently and easier than others, one needs to attend a graduates program that is heavily poached. These universities tend to be more selective about who they choose simply because of their recruitment opportunities. Thus, the need for making oneself look outstanding in any and every way possible.

> T. Working a cushy $45k salary job
What do you do?

>what do you do
Absolutely nothing it's gre at

>due to diversity quotas
This is unfortunate because diversity quotas select people solely based upon their race/religion/sexual orientation instead of merit. There's a reason why the quality of education is declining within the west, and this could very well be it.

>Absolutely nothing it's gre at
Kek, I mean, what is your job title? Were you a CS major?

>important
nope

Attached: 1516068444886.jpg (600x631, 68K)

I'm going to FSU and I got an internship in a school lmao

Internship > Degree

Always and forever. CS grad from literally who institute of technology. Did internship as part of my 3rd year and they kept me on to do my final year project with them. They then paid for my research MSc and now I'm lined up for a PhD.

Now I know it's rare for an internship to go so well but most of my class group got a job after graduating thanks in no small part to their internships.

I'd rather be unemployed then be involved in CS academia it's like the combination of two cancers

Then get a job after you graduate lmao. Did you even read all of my post?

ugh but it'd still be a CS job...
But you're like an evil person . You're going to become one of those nasty ass phd people huh? What's next you'll be a professor? That's nasty shit user

A CS job could be literally anything m8, it's up to you to figure out what areas you like and work towards them, it isn't magically gonna find you.

Your hatred of academia says more about you than me m8. I intend on going to industry and am currently deciding on doing the PhD at all. Though I'm not sure why you care so much.

Sounds like you need to have a serious think about what you want user. I just came here to answer the OP question, and I did.

Academia is horrible and anti intellectual