C++

Seriously how the fuck does anyone program in C++? It's the messiest and most convoluted language of all time. It can be harder to read than fucking assembly. To make matters worse, when you walk into a new job with an existing codebase, you have to navigate your way through thousands or millions of lines or crazy ass spaghetti madness.
Why did it have to be this way?

Attached: suz1.jpg (736x731, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/philfreo/7257723
medium.com/@wrongway4you/brief-article-on-c-modules-f58287a6c64
en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/chrono/operator_slash
youtube.com/watch?v=NunSS_ppDsI
clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html#includes-as-imports
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another edition of
>I don't know C++ therefore it sucks

bjarne created it as a defense of last resort for the white race. A language too complicated for anyone else to understand, that the most vital systems--banking networks, medical systems, flighter jets, operating systems etc. would be programmed in. It hardly gets more based than that.

Attached: 1493939916698.jpg (688x529, 44K)

Actually he created it because he wanted to program in Simula-67 but wasn't allowed to write anything else than C at Bell Labs, so he decided to make C object-oriented.

What is that in the pic and is it female?

is she wearing someone elses skin?

Attached: qhYqosJb.jpg (160x160, 6K)

No, she just lost a massive amount of weight and the skin is a bit lose, you insensitive fuck.

Attached: suzy.gif (330x329, 1.89M)

Code is as clear as you write it, and that applies to every programming language in existence. If you can't understand well-documented c++ the problem is more than likely with you.

If somebody presented C++ today, ignoring all of the historical shit that gives the people who use it Stockholm syndrome, it would be regarded as a parody language comparable to Brainfuck. It is that shitty.

"Gee let's have the worst of C, and add in a bunch of abstractions that don't properly deal with the worst of C, and then add more and more crazy shit until understanding any line of code requires reading the source code of the library to understand how allocation occurs and if your copy/move/overloaded/templated abomination will leak memory/reference something that went off the stack."

>C pointer and macro spagetti
>Java in general
yeah i'm find with c++

A shitty programmer blames the language for his own idiocy. If your code is leaking you're doing something very wrong.

this

You tards have never done a single thing that involves self-allocation of memory. Stick to your fucking python script kiddy nigger shit

Who is this hambeast?

If this were true everybody would program in assembly. Language design is crucial in allowing developers to write successful bug free software. Some languages do shit much better than others. The C++ Stockholm syndrome is some powerful shit.

I love c++ but c is honestly the comfiest language to program in.
>tfw writing emulators in c just for fun

i ask the same about Javascript. Probably people are just using frameworks and dont actually read and write abomination that is Javascript code

CIA Nigger

t. brainlet
People who think memory management is complicated shouldn't be allowed to program anything more complex than a python script.

Slightly incorrect

He wanted a language with the OO features of Simula, but wasn't dogshit slow. He used C as a base because he thought it was the best systems language at the time.

>what is proper organization of code
>what is #include
>what is informative documentation

sure is real newfag in here.

Languages like Go and Python were designed to be used by brainlets like you and make them think they know shit

ayy lmao

It isn't that it is complicated, it is that the way the language goes about allowing the developer to do it leads to horrible fucking problems if they do it improperly, which a properly designed model would make much harder to do. A better example of a similar phenomenon would be apis for threading and concurrency. pthreads allows you do do anything, but the api is such fucking shit that you will have to hunt down a lot of bugs if you fuck up even slightly, which C lets you do with reckless abandon.

inb4 RAII is easy yes no shit but try working with developers who fuck shit up and you have to deal with it.

I code in Python 99% of the time. I don't care about my ego, I just want to get my code working the way I want in the least amount of time and so it is easily readable if I need to go back to it.

Your argument is so divorced from reality and autistic it gives the impression that you're a failure in life.

This is the mindset that constantly proves most programmers are subhuman in intelligence.

Solving problems in a less efficient language and scaling horizontally over hardware instead of wasting all your fucking time optimizing in an efficient language is better every single time.

Don't believe me? Look at this trash, I wonder what problems he managed to solve huh

gist.github.com/philfreo/7257723

>It's the messiest and most convoluted language of all time
Brainlet get off my board

I hate header files.

Holy fuck! That is one seriously ugly bitch. Does she have fetal alcohol syndrome?

>It's the messiest and most convoluted language of all time. It can be harder to read than fucking assembly.
No.

>Solving problems in a less efficient language and scaling horizontally over hardware
money doesn't grow on trees but you'll be hanging from one in due time

In a newer standard of C++, they're proposing modules.

Haha

C++20 will be a mistake

Because?

the math really, really doesn't favor that strategy to the point where it's just ridiculous to suggest it. But we're in such a growth phase where companies don't care or even understand efficiency and just want MORE at any cost.

It would be nice if the next C standard had the same module system

I work with C++ every day but still, having to use #include in 2018 makes me want to puke.

At the next when C was being made, the preprocessor wasn't even the state of art. I wished C and C++ had modules from the get go.

It has some very retarded operator overloads becasue why the fuck not

Thank god this is coming:
medium.com/@wrongway4you/brief-article-on-c-modules-f58287a6c64

I like the c preprocessor. it's the only part of the whole system that's completely transparent. People just get mad when other people write tons of hard to follow code with #IFDEF

friendly reminder: c++ modules will never see the light of day

Using overloaded operators can help clean up code.

*next=*

And why is that?

>*next=*
you scared me into thinking that I was reading yet another line of baroque C that I couldn't understand.

and
en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/chrono/operator_slash

Attached: 1531861917087.png (1012x476, 73K)

Sorry.
>*next=*
meant to be
>*next=time

I didn't say overloaded operators couldn't be abused or that one might use inappropriate operator to overloaded. Plus that example is confusing on of its self with all those slashes in and out of strings.

the clang one is obviously DOA, and nobody cares about the msvc one becoming standard so it will just be another msvc exclusive feature. People larp about how much they need modules and hate using #include but it's just larp. The second modules get traction people will start complaining about it's implementation and it will die.

That face and expression looks really punchable.

Yeah, I'm just saying that the standard library in C++17 and C++20 is littered with that sort of retarded overload abuse

fuckable* ;)

After a few good punches, perhaps.

I, for one, can't wait for . C++

>t. beta incel

I've found the autist.
You're also a virgin, right?

>It can be harder to read than fucking assembly.
You can make every language to be read worse than assembly.
>Why did it have to be this way?
C++ manifestates backwards compatibility so maintainers are never pressed to change anything drastically.
>Seriously how the fuck does anyone program in C++?
Use cppreference when in the slightest fucking doubt.
Write unit tests.

I hate this stupid fucking "beauty face" filter that smooths everything out in this fake way, doesn't even look remotely realistic

>he thought it was the best systems language at the time
What are you talking about? Before C, all systems programming was done in assembler. Of course it was "the best." It was the only one.

there was bcpl

It only existed on paper. Like communism.

C++ is actually based.

Thots gonna thot.

>Before C, all systems programming was done in assembler
Multics was written in PL/I :)

Attached: Why does C++ exist.png (3575x5542, 898K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NunSS_ppDsI
Herb Sutter actually made C++ look good

>and hate using #include but it's just larp. The second modules get traction people will start complaining about it's implementation and it will die.
In clang #include is going to be a synonym for import if a module is available I think

While you were out making money off of javascript and getting laid, I learned the ways of the memory allocator. And now you have the gall to ask me for help?

clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html#includes-as-imports

>Another "I'm too stupid to understand C++, therefore it's bad" thread

Attached: liru_beach.jpg (687x1008, 123K)

it's like they designed it so that it will never actually come to fruition

>clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html#includes-as-imports
bye clang I hardly (really never) knew you

what are these little deetdeetalee nipple thingies? is she a chef?

Attached: 1532542017976.jpg (736x731, 115K)