When will this shitty trend of Design Over Function die?

When will this shitty trend of Design Over Function die?

Attached: thanks apple.jpg (900x902, 144K)

Once people stop buying shit like that.

it's function over design. As much screen real estate as possible with only one concession.

How does the notch impede function?

You forgot xiaomeme meme8

Attached: xiaomi.jpg (297x600, 43K)

>this is what macfas actually believe

Kys my dude

I'm hoping with the next iPhone.
However, someone on Jow Forums said that every next iPhone will have a notch, is that true?
If yes, they are dead to me.

>If yes, they are dead to me.
looks like your next phone will have a notch whether it's an iphone or not.

Macfags believe in a lot of stuff. Like MacOS being somehow better then Linux. It's not. Period.

Yeah, it will be just like the headphone jack

I don't know. Who actually wants larger phones? Instead of removing bezels, keeping screens at a respectable 5-5.5inches and shrinking the bulge in the pockets, they made the displays larger.
What a retard thought that's a good design decision?

What makes them think I need a fucking 6 inch screen on the go?

Marketing

Phones nowadays have pretty much every feature you are gonna need and we have already reached diminishing returns with the specs, so instead they just resort to gimmicks to justify people buying their new shit, that's why you are now starting to see phones being advertised on the number of fucking cameras on it

whatever assholes. the notch is clearly the least aesthetic thing you could do for a phone. but it has to be there in order to mount all of the desired hardware unless you want it to go under the screen

Yeah I don't think so. I'd probably rather use a 5 year old phone than have a notch. Everybody knew from the beginning it's a failure. What were they thinking?

Dubs confirm. Idk man, the next iPhone will clear things up since everyone's copying it.
They could have avoided the issue by having the left and right area from the notch completely black. It's an oled so just have that area reserved for the clock and shiet. That way you'd think of it like gaining something, instead of losing screen. Idk man, sometimes I wonder whether I'm crazy or a multi-milion/bilion company is (not just Apple):

>Half of them are literally chink brands.
No surprise, those chinks follow whatever trend they can.

Or maybe they shouldn't be retards and put dual cameras on both the front and the back or fucking memes like taptic engine

>"ooohhhh, amelican man destloy natule, we destloy nature too, look, even cheapel"

Imagine being this delusional

>oh no no no no

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (728x454, 45K)

It's hilarious how Apple remains THE trendsetter in smartphones.

Doesn't matter as the well thought through android homescreen has 4 clocks anyway.

>not understanding usability
>no sense for a e s t h e t i c s
Never change /g

it's not just the camera. it's the proximity sensor, speaker, light sensor, etc etc.

When all the normies die

>literally having to either deal with a visible notch in the content (specially when using the phone horizontally) or having to letterbox the width of section of the screen covered by the notch, thus making having a larger screen entirelly pointless in the first place
>as much screen real state as possible

le kys

Funny how smartphones had all those things before the iphone X and its notch

Right? I swear if Apple started making dick and pussy shaped phones, you'd see a shitload of chink copies tomorrow. Understandably so, Apple is a status symbol so If you have something resembling the newest Apple thing, you're a part of it too. Android fanboys would never admit it but it's the truth.

Exactly. And not just chinkphones, there are great Android phones that copy Apple.
I mean for fucks sake, when Apple removed the headphone jack, pretty much everyone was pissed. Then Android flagships followed down the same path despite all the backlash. Now even Android midrangers lack it.
It's the damn truth. A smartphone is not a tool anymore, but a status symbol, in the eyes of normalfags anyway.

Reminder that only cuck manufacturers use the notch. Based alpha manufacturers like Samsung and Sony don't have to rely on that crap.

>when Apple removed the headphone jack
That's probably the funniest case ever. When everybody laughed at Apple and their """courage""" for removing it. Turns out they were right. Laughs got quieter and quieter after every phone that came out without one. This was a real eye-opener for me, so whatever Apple did, a bunch of others will just blindly copy no matter what.
This is why you see a shitload of phones with a notch now. If someone other than Apple were to release the phone with a notch and be the first one to do it, they would be ridiculed beyond belief - "look at those fags with their faggy little phone". If Apple does it first, it's the right thing to do because Apple knows best. Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

>Samsung
>alpha
Yeah they make great stuff but I'd personally never buy it.

Just get good midrangers
They have the same or almost as good internals without sacrificing things like the jack and not having the notch

>daily reminder Essential shipped a phone with notch before Apple did

I hope never

Here

Attached: 2804_5b15013547dd13.66713200_thumb_132987_default_big.png (421x785, 453K)

First of all, all of those phones except for the iphone in OPs pic are fucking retarded. They all have a massive chin that completely defeats the purpose of what apple was achieving with the notch. The whole point of the notch was to create the illusion of an even bezel around the whole phone while using as much screen real estate as possible - and keeping the front cameras/sensors and other shit.

Now to answer your brain dead question, this trend dies instantly when there is a technology that can place these front cameras/sensors and shit behind the screen. And it has to work well, especially for apple, for it to become mainstream.

Only the huawey looks half decent.
Fucking cancer.

Now that's how you take advantage of a big screen.

Yup, and motorola removed the jack before apple too. So what’s your point?

Attached: iphone-6s-shaped-like-dick-colors.jpg (600x281, 99K)

>As much screen real estate as possible
>rounded the corners off
Yeah right.

It's literally function over design. There was nothing in place of notch

The only sensible reply

These phones have a much wider aspect ratio in landscape simply because they have all that room. My OP6 for example is 19:9, which means in landscape 16:9 video will never be able to fill the screen completely.
Only downside I can see is content wider than 16:9 but that's only movies.

Any good flagships without an OLED display? OLED is a joke , burn in and color degradation is unacceptable.

As long as the screen is sufficiently protected then bezel-less full body touch screen work just fine after you get used to them.
Also never get flagships unless you buy things for the sake of wasting money

OLED is a joke only if you buy it from chinks.

The screen is beeing streched and blocked on the edge by the notch which means you cannot clearly see anything on that edge of the screen.

Just roll the screen a tiny bit back and have a small black line for your camera and other sensors instead of fucking up the standard aspect ration that all standard pictures/videos are displayed in.

This is function over design you moron

Once Apple designs another thing because apparently companies just stopped trying

hurr durr put more buttons on my phone

Imagine still being butthurt about notch.
Nobody cared about second screen tickers which were basically the same thing and with OLED screen it looks fine.
I bet people bitching about notch never even used such phones (except for X maybe with its retarded implementation).

What phone is that? I thought the news xiaomi phone was the Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and it doesn't look like thjat.

Mi 8, tard.

>Looks like your next phone will have a notch whether it's an iphone or not.
Sadly this is being the case. I remember seeing some mid-range phones also adopting the notch

>OLED is a joke
Only if you buy phones made by chinks or with really cheap panels.
>my J7 2015 doesn't have burn in so far
>meanwhile the Pixel 2 XL got burn in after just weeks of use, to the point that Google had to make a revision

I swear Jow Forums is getting even more retarded every day.

>screen real estate
>less space for icons and notifications in top bar
no. It is design. They are just racing for biggest screen to body ratio.

>less space for icons
>more space for everything else
It's a trade off. Also, notifications are not tickers anymore.

The Essential phone shows that you don't need a giant fucking notch for every sensor. I would take a phone without a front camera over a notch any day, though.

Attached: notch.jpg (1000x675, 68K)

Reminder
The only phone worth purchasing today is the essential phone
>800% stock android OS
>Best screen to body ratio
>No retard logo or lights on it
>Strong titanium body
>250 USD

Attached: Essential-Phone.jpg (2667x2000, 1.88M)

I'm , but I would wait out for the Librem 5, especially with the lack of expandable storage.
>inb4 (You)

>shit reception so no one will bother your NEET ass

>have s9+
>no notch
>headphone jack
its comfy lads

Do you have the exynos version? Did you try flashing the stock rom

fuck I lol'd

OP it will happen when the market bottoms out, and don't even think about a dynamic
market with sustainable swappable parts unless you want to be murdered by
the silicone jews

i have a snapdragon version from burgerland

Attached: 1531743736387.jpg (960x960, 108K)

Notice how the screens can easily get cracked because of their huge fucking size?

>Notice how the screens can easily get cracked because of my shitty fucking hands?

What functionality are you man-babies losing?

But why do modern phones need to be so fragile then? I remember having an old Nokia dumb phone that could survive just about every time I dropped it. Thank god for phone cases and screen protection.

>really makes you think

Attached: iphonex-TA.jpg (582x407, 116K)

glass cases sre a mistake

>iPhone X gets released
>everyone makes fun of it
>still phones copy its design
Why Apple manipulates so easily the smartphone industry?

Function over design died when smart phones started becoming popular. So long as the le normies keep buying absolute junk like that and support this stuff it'll keep growing.

Chin up, chaps