So I'm trying to fix the navbar burn-in on my AMOLED Android but after reading about it I still don't know what the...

So I'm trying to fix the navbar burn-in on my AMOLED Android but after reading about it I still don't know what the best approach would be.
I made a "fixer" image, full black except for one white strip at the bottom that covers the affected area. 90% of the pixels on the screen are off except for that portion at the bottom and I plan on leaving it like this for hours.
I thought about another possible fix, and that would be making a gif/video with that image but instead of a static white color, I would have different colors cycling. I understand that using static white is using all the pixels, but using different colors on a cycle might be better since that is the process that most apps use to "fix" burn in.
And yeah I know you can't really fix this type of stuff, but at least I can wear out the entire navbar area so the individual buttons will be less visible.

Attached: f.jpg (1456x1064, 111K)

autism

Thanks for your input.

No problem. Now stop replying and go stare at your smartphone with a magnifying glass, autist.

Will do!

Go fuck yourself

Man, I'm so glad I chose lg g3 instead of galaxy s5 back then because of this pic

Samsung kinda know their shit when it comes to AMOLED screens. They have a lot of tricks to prevent burn in, like using grey backgrounds on the status bar and slightly moving the buttons around on the navbar

>2 months earlier:
>My display has 2% better color and blacker blacks! IPScucks on SUICIDE WATCH!
>not realizing OLED is significantly cheaper to make than IPS

Gugl pixlel?

Ips is crap you lg/sharp shill

what is even the point of the software navbar, it looks ugly as shit
and why is it there when theres still space under it

you have a software bezel and then an acual bezel
fucking mindboggling

because google sucks at software UI

Yeah but i would have flashed lineage, which doesn't have amoled optimization

>I made a "fixer" image, full black except for one white strip at the bottom that covers the affected area. 90% of the pixels on the screen are off except for that portion at the bottom and I plan on leaving it like this for hours.
That's just gonna make it worse.

what do you suggest then

Cool, what android is this? My S5 and S6 don't have a single burned in pixel.

My S5 has LineageOS and it has support for burn-in protection since 14.1 at least.

what the fuck is the new image search

(must be a few minutes/hours old)

>My S5 has LineageOS and it has support for burn-in protection since 14.1 at least.
That should be for status bar only, not navigation bar, try screen recording for few minutes and then seek through video to see what elements do move.

S5 doesn't have a nav bar. Hardware buttons. I'll flash LOS on S6 soon to see if it works, but it says "static elements" so nav bar should be included too, right?

Actually S6 edge also doesn't have on screen buttons. Fug.

I tried screen recording on LOS 14.1 and only status bar elements moved, not navigation bar icons, need other people to try to make sure tough.

no
the navbar area is currently brighter than the rest of the screen on a full white bg because it has been black (pixels disabled) for most of the time, while the rest of the screen has been in use.
having white pixels active in that are will wear it down to to mach the rest of the screen

OLED is cancer.Just another way to accelerate the planned obsolescence strategy.

Attached: OLEDisafailedtechnology.jpg (1280x719, 58K)

I'm on 8.1 on the 6P. I bought it a few days ago to use it for a while while I wait for the Pixel 3.
I think it was used mostly on 6.0 or 7.0 (the navbar stayed black for most of the time) and only recently it has been updated to 8.1, which seems to switch between translucent and white.

/thread

Is oled worse than plasma?

No. OLED is basically next gen plasma. OLED > Plasma > LCD.
If you're asking this because of burn ins, all display technologies can "burn in", even plasma and LCD. OLED burn ins are just all the talk because it was very new at the time, the issues have been correctly circumvented and screens are of much better quality now and should easily last 5-10 years at least.