Why exactly is programming difficult?

Why exactly is programming difficult?

Attached: 1501958006317.png (741x568, 43K)

Because you are stupid.

It's not.

Loaded question

Just like literally anything in the world it has a learning curve. After a while its like reading another language fluently. It just requires problem solving skills and that's it.

trial and error

Nothing is difficult it just take time to learn like everything.

It's not, but everybody thinks it's difficult and that's what matters

Complexity.

Programming isn't difficult. Creating is difficult

You just don't love it enough, OP.

Attached: g-side.png (498x1480, 260K)

There are a lot more ways to write a program that doesn't do what you want than there are ways to write a program that does do what you want

Because the type of problem solving involved in programming is completely unintuitive to the human mind probably for some evolutionary reasons.

For example this quote from some video by a foreign gentleman I recently watched:

"If you killed a guy, and he's dead? Then you got no chance." - speaking about qualifications and having felonies for a certain job

The normie brain thinks, "That's ridiculous, if you killed the guy then he's obviously dead." but if course this could be read as && and so it maybe the guy is dead but you didn't kill him. This autistic angle to problem solving is not easily extrapolated by the majority of human beings. You think it is easy because you compare yourself to intelligent people instead of comparing yourself to the average. Your perception is all fucked up.

People die when they are killed.

Or maybe people like computers, software and creating something.

If a person has been killed, that implies he is dead.

man is dead && you killed man

Jow Forums pls

Sadly I don't love anything in particular. I'm crypto rich but still spend my days browsing Jow Forums doing fuck all. I just don't know what to do with my life and I've spent years """studying""" various things, i.e. programming - but it all left my mind as if I never learned it. I am truly a brainlet.

I wouldn't die even if you killed me.

>It's not.
Shhhh, quiet faggot. I'm saving up for a summer home!

Gotta call bullshit, I was killed but I’m clearly not dead.

Breaking a job into discrete tasks is not easy in non-intuitive ways
Learning any new language, whether spoken or computer, is not easy and requires time
Modern computing has a lot of moving parts, and it's not always clear what went wrong or why, especially when it's not even your fault
People (read: clients, or your boss) know what they want, but have a hard time describing it in a way that is actionable
The desire to make something fast is orthogonal to making something good

That line was some funny shit in the VN. It's too bad DEEN butchered it just like they butcher everything else.

Attached: local teen with annoying habit.jpg (1024x800, 164K)

if you went to bed alive could you wake up dead?

Oh my god, they killed Kenny!

It's hard if you don't enjoy it.

It's seriously not, you take an intro class and a data structures class and you basically know all you need to know to get a job anywhere

It's not.

Can people stop lying ? For some people it actually is impossible to learn programming.

It's like most skills, anyone could do it, but not everyone has the time or skill to be good at it.

There's hundreds of fags out there slapping together packages with python and calling themselves devs. But I doubt most of them could even solve a fizzbuzz.

Attached: 1492791384315.png (766x664, 151K)

High barrier to entry. Two main issues:

1. Lots of questions go unanswered, and it bothers people who can't move past it even if they aren't necessarily brainlets.

Think of a kid asking; why? why? why? but why?
After every answer, there's another question. It's hard for people to program because they keep getting sidetracked with trying to figure out how everything works as a whole instead of focusing on solving smaller problems with algorithmic thinking. How does the internet even work? How do these computer parts work together? Who am I? Etc.

2. It requires more memorization than people like to admit. The syntax, terms, classes, etc. combined with the sheer number of languages. Since there's a culture of looking down on people who read manuals INSTEAD OF JUST DOING IT!!!1, it discourages people who keep trying but just can't keep up with it all.

There's also lots of tutorials on how to make a program that does x, but I've noticed a lot don't explain what an IDE is, how to organize files, and so on. This creates a clusterfuck for beginners that can also be discouraging.

CSS is messy

>Why exactly is programming difficult?

you need to have the ability to translate word problems into algorithms.

Attached: 1532530560401.jpg (834x126, 36K)

It isn't. Most people are just retards.

Part of the issue is that it's a field that so wide and deep that you'll frequently run into situations where you're not even experienced enough to ask the correct question or even understand the answer.

On top of this there are some resources that are not only incredibly intimidating to approach but also outright hostile to newcomers to the field.

The key is to have multiple resources and finding a good mentor of some sort. Yeah you can get there with a certain progression of classes or a boot camp or a book or two. But having a mentor and utilizing many resources will keep you improving.

For me personally programming isn't difficult per se. I love the actual, idk how to put it, programming for the sake of programming? Or doing stuff with computers for the sake of doing stuff with computers. Learning how they work, how to make them do what you want, etc.
What I've always struggled with is the requirement to know the subject field in which you solve problems in order to make a living of what you love doing the most. Sometimes the subject field can be real fucking difficult to get into.

Hey, at least you're rich so you get to decide whether you want to do something or do fuck all. This is something most of us don't get to experience.

How many languages does an average programmer working in industry know? I spent a couple years learning C++ just as a hobby, not even going past the tip of the iceberg. I can't imagine knowing multiple languages and being competent at all of them on demand.

IMO, an accomplished SWE/programmer shold be absolutely proficient in at least one programming language, have a deep understanding of at least another two, and generally understand no less than 6 to 12 programming languages overall.

Go back to where you came from

I think software architecture is harder.

its easy to learn another when you know one

Jow Forums?

I know, but it's not a virtue to be rich, it buys security without a doubt - perhaps that was my impetus to get rich because I knew subconsciously I could be flailing around for the rest of my life being a loser failure, I'm still no closer to finding my purpose.

It's the math that is difficult, not programming.

Attached: IMG-20180429-WA0004.jpg (1600x900, 139K)

iis it 40?

16 ^ PI

no, the first two inches from the center of the pancake will be significantly smalller than the outer two inches. you’d have to do some bullshit with pi, replacing the width of the pancake with an unknown variable that will also be represented in the end result

The aliveness of "A guy" (presumably unrelated to the job since the the object is so abstract) shouldn't have an effect on your eligibility unless youre the one that killed him, so it's useless code imo

2, 4, 6

200 pancakes

>Why exactly is programming difficult?
Because most people are hand-wavey losers who just want to half-explain their half-baked ideas and then walk away and let the programmers do the rest.

This is why consulting companies make a killing. They write what the product owners want, then the POs realize that it's unusable and hire another batch of consultants. Rinse and repeat, endlessly.

Winrar