pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best mixed usage
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>1070Ti, G-sync optional
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 1518846405871.png (769x674, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/sYnYLJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wwx44q
youtube.com/watch?v=ecCA0gx_eZk
pcpartpicker.com/list/4h7zkd
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3qmYLJ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/L3gVD2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for navi when

new nvidia cards tomorrow

>new

Reminder that OP is a shill and tries to hide the fact that intel is best value pick

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

oh boy I can't wait for my voltage-locked, bios-locked gpus to come out

>pentium
at this point it's more like being forced by financial constraints than an actual pick

please respond

logical increments

>7th gen
>4 cores is really enough, i swear!

pcpartpicker.com/list/sYnYLJ

i found an old prebuilt case at my parents house that i want to use as a little rig. some couch gaming, web browsing, homework, that sort of stuff

>8100

why?

Ryzen 2200G is better than I3-8100.
That SSD is shit in general, look for ADATA SU800.
Avoid single fan GPUs.
Faster RAM?

>implying there was a better alternative then

ugh can we get a mod to delete this TOXIC IMAGE please? Just ugh...

intel is easier, stronger cores, and i prefer intel over amd

it has good reviews on PCPP. what makes it shit. and as far as the gpu and the ram, i don't think you realize that i picked literally the cheapest parts on the list

If you are going for the cheapest parts buy a office PC and put a GPU on it instead.

Both are the same when it comes to speed, but the Ryzen 2200G is cheaper.
120GB SSDs are slower and last less thanks to how wear leveling works.
Kingston shitty controllers are the problem.
Its a DRAMless SSD.

The 8100 sucks, stop being a fanboy

how good is AMD StoreMI in practice?

it beats the 2200g in everything except for the benchmarks that require hyperthreading. but you are right, i'm an intel fan boy. #teamblue

okay i'll look somewhere else. maybe i'll just splurge on a 250gb to hold programs too. thanks for the heads up

Check ADATA SU800 for proper SSD.

You are going to buy the cheapest, this means you have to go AMD, if you want to buy Intel buy a I5-8600K or a I7-8700K.
If you cant afford that go Ryzen instead.

AMDrones are homophobes too apart from racists now? Mods delete image.

at least go for an i5 8400, it makes more sense than the 8100 which shouldn't even exist

>it beats the 2200g in everything except for the benchmarks that require hyperthreading. but you are right, i'm an intel fan boy. #teamblue
You are paying $25 more for negligible performance differences. If you want an Intel CPU, at least get a good one.

lol you guys are ridiculous. just let people pick their chips, but i appreciate the heads up on the ssd

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

>want to build a top of the line PC for gaming and work
>fucking broke

can anybody else relate?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Wwx44q

Look alright?

The point of the thread is either building a computer with price/performance in mind or build the strongest computer you can without overpaying.

I3-8100 was made obsolete by both 2200G and 2400G since its a locked CPU.
I5-8400 can trade blows with a Ryzen 2600 but its worse in general because its a locked CPU.
Only the I5-8600k and I7-8700K are better than Ryzen CPUs but they are also more expensive because you need to buy a heatsink and they usually need a NH-D15.

Shitty motherboard.
Get a SATA SSD, 860 EVO or MX500
Avoid Seagate HDDs.

>lol just let me make bad decisions

why are you even asking than?

>2600
>no aftermarket cooler
Enjoy your throttles

2200g is a 4c4t amd cpu with a low frequence. I seriously feel bad for those who get memed into buying low end apus

Don't need a great motherboard and this SSD is much faster than either of those and has a better warranty than the 860 EVO.

So is the I3-8100, your point?
Its a low end CPU, what were you expecting, if its too slow for you then overclock it.

Does the 8100 even boost? To what clockspeed? Intel doesn't say anything about it on their ark.

the whole point of my post was to tell you to

let
it
go

it's been like 4 years since seagate has had a problem with their hard drives

There is literally no difference outside enterprise and server use between SATA and NVMe SSDs, what you will use it for?

Yes it looks faster in paper but its the same when it comes to real time performance.
Example: youtube.com/watch?v=ecCA0gx_eZk
Same thing when it comes to boot times.

>throttles
This isn't the 8400 or the 8700, the stock cooler will be enough for 4GHz or more with PBO

no they don't boost

It doesn't.

2600/2600X wont throttle at stock speeds with the stock HSF, it will with a heavy overclock though.

And the point of my post is to tell you its a retarded choice.
Up to you how you waste your money, still it doesn't make it correct.

It already runs hot at 4ghz like 90 degrees from the pic that was posted couple threads back. Also why even pick 2600 if you run it only at 4ghz, 8400 btfos it then and is cheaper

>Only the I5-8600k and I7-8700K are better than Ryzen CPUs but they are also more expensive because you need to buy a heatsink
Even then, the 8600k really has no place on the market when you also factor in the Z370 requirement to make the most out of it. When the locked 8700 is already 4.6ghz out of the box on a cheaper chipset board, the higher end i5 is pointless, and only relevant to bench racers.

>Also why even pick 2600 if you run it only at 4ghz, 8400 btfos it then and is cheaper
Wrong. It's marginally cheaper, I'll concede that.

Attached: 1532559969719.png (1275x714, 348K)

Where would I go to buy parts for a custom built ultra mobile device? I want to effectively build my own netbook or smaller class computer and put a massive battery in it. 3d print the case, etc.

What's wrong with Seagate? The price for their 2TB drive seemed pretty good.

>Seagate

Low reliability in general.

back in 2012 maybe

They are cheap for a reason, low long term reliability in comparison to any other brand around.
Check WD or HGST HDDs instead.

They had a defective 1.5TB followed by a defective 3TB and iffy 2TB, so people shit on them even though their line is now ironed out.

Thats on 4.2ghz and cooler

Seagate is fine nowadays. WD and Seagate are the same shit.

>bro lets me use one of his monitors since he doesn't have room for all three of them on his tiny desk, and mine from 2012's about to shit itself any day
>"oh great I can save me several hundreds by not needing to buy one myself"
>it has some severe ghosting and color issues, and also has a stuck pixel
>the ghosting looks like the mouse trail setting on the lowest value
>pretty sure it's a TN panel too
does the LG 34UC79G-B have the same issues? don't wanna spend that much money just to have an eye-straining piece of shit

also does freesync work on nvidia cards, since freesync apparently isn't proprietary?

>Seagate

stop posting cpu benchmarks for the love of god

>that's because AMD don't make you pay an unlocking ransom
Good to see our views are aligned

I have 5 seagates and 3 WD, my ST1000DM003 is the longest running with exactly 46000 hours, and the only one with any issues is a 3TB WD Green with 32k hours that has 22 uncorrectable sectors.
My two 2TB and one 3TB seagates are all the later "deep dish" ones, not the defective early ones. They're all seeding drives so they're constantly active.

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 691K)

>8 (eight) HDDs in a single computer
The noise from that stuff would drive me mad

>Seagate

>bringing up something irrelevant because you lost the argument
Good to see our views are aligned

Imagine this guy being hired to write the drivers for your graphics card.

Attached: anon fails his course.jpg (1246x996, 166K)

>2600 consistently outperforms the 8400 at a small premium
Were did either of us disagree to this sentiment?

Mine is probably quieter than yours. None of them are hard mounted, they're stacked on cut-up rubber mousepads on top of each other. There's literally no seek noise.
I also taped some wooden boards to the sides of my case to isolate it even more.

well, i've been pretty autistic about noise too and nothing inside my computer ever gets to audible levels except for a single 5400 HDD.
have multiple other drives that I don't use because of noise, even with the proper dampening tools
pretty sure nothing on earth can prevent HDDs from being too loud just by spinning at this point

only outside gaming

>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming,

Isnt there virtually no difference in performance between the i5 8600k and the i7 8700k while gaming?

>only outside gaming
Wrong

>Isnt there virtually no difference in performance between the i5 8600k and the i7 8700k while gaming?
Until you multi task. There's also virtually no difference in gaming between an 8600K on a Z370 and an 8700 on an H370/B360... until you multitask.

There is, leaving Hyperthreading aside the I7-8700K is faster than the I5-8600K.

Not disagreeing. That's the beauty of not having to pay an unlocking ransom

Dont post these benchmarks then when you are saying 4ghz is enough with stock cooler

>Until you multi task

I dont

Attached: 1379561542009.png (560x396, 151K)

Why do we have to set an arbitrary 4.0ghz limit? To make it fair for the inferior option?

why are people arguing about cpus over gaming
just plug the appropriate gpu in lmao

Ah, so you don't run Windows?

what does CPU stand for?

because the guy with the build wont have a cooler and youre showing him false results

Didnt realise once a PC was assembled it cannot be modified ever again. Or wait, then that user has the option of adding a superficial cost on a budget cooler down the track. I'd prefer to upgrade with just a cooler than a complete platform change.

I want to build a badass gaming rig, but I don't want to buy a i7-8700k and a GTX 1080Ti if the next generations are going to be out like next month.

Im thinking i5-8400 and GTX 1060 for now, then get the 9700k and 1180 Ti whenever they come out.

What MoBo should I rock with for now?

>Planning to upgrade with intel cpu
Get what ever motherboard you want. You'll have to buy a new one when you upgrade anyways.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4h7zkd

is ryzen3 even good?

Get a Ryzen 2200G or 2400G instead.
Get a B350 or B450 motherboard.

But I told him to buy a cooler and you said he wont need it now you say he will need it in the future. Just stop with your manipulation.

Also get an ADATA SU800 instead the A400.

i7-9700K > Ryzen 7 2700X

If I buy an EVGA GPU, will it catch on fire?

>You'll have to buy a new one when you upgrade anyways
Doubt. There's already Z370 bios updates to accommodate incoming 8 core 9th gen Intels.
Not a bad plan, but I wouldn't skimp on motherboard if you don't want to buy another one. I'd be getting something along the lines of a Gigabyte Gaming 7 or ASUS Maximus if I was looking to fit an 8 core overclocked housefire in the near future.
Looks as though Ryzen 3 will have considerable IPC and clock speed improvements on the 7nm process.

rec on a b350/b450 mobo?

8700k is gonna last for a long time no need to wait for something better.
1180 is gonna be tricky with performance/price so dont get your hopes up.
If you have nothing atm just buy 8700k/1080ti.

Nah, it's Nvidia so you know it's good. Avoid Sapphire, Powercolor, and XFX like the plague though. They only make AMD so they make toasters

You don't think it'd be a waste?

>But I told him to buy a cooler and you said he wont need it now you say he will need it in the future
Didnt realise once a PC was assembled it cannot be modified ever again. Or wait, then that user has the option of adding a superficial cost on a budget cooler down the track. I'd prefer to upgrade with just a cooler than a complete platform change.

ASUS B450 Strix but its not out yet as far as im aware, check Amazon.

MSI B350 Tomahawk.
MSI B350 PC Mate if you need to cheap out.

Unbiased and bluepilled

boys,
which one of these should I get
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3qmYLJ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/L3gVD2

87c is far from concerning and it won't throttle like the 8400 or the 8700

Doesn't matter, they are both shit for various reasons.