Intel's i7 9700K won't have hyperthreading

pcgamesn.com/intel-i9-9900K-i7-9700K-leak

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 052.png (672x794, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/75240-researchers-warn-new-hyper-threading-based-intel-cpu.html
techpowerup.com/246251/intel-core-i9-8-core-lga1151-processor-could-get-soldered-ihs-launch-date-revealed
techpowerup.com/246258/rumor-amds-zen-2-7-nm-chips-to-feature-10-15-ipc-uplift-revised-8-core-per-ccx-design
youtube.com/watch?v=MjdY2jn1-lw
hardwaresecrets.com/does-disabling-smt-on-a-ryzen-7-cpu-improves-performance/6/
hardware.fr/articles/956-7/impact-smt-ht.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Threadripper 2 has obsoleted anything intel past 6 cores.

HYPERTHREADING DOESN'T MATTER

ARE YOU RETARDED?

And it will STILL be faster than the amd equivalent

Attached: 1502213714326.png (575x641, 13K)

OH NONONONONO

i bet it's because they wanted to stick with z370 boards but an 8 core 16 thread chip would be too much for the boards to handle. which is why the i9 has hyperthreading instead, because the x299 boards are built to use lots of power

I remember back in the day when AMD drones ranted about how Intel's Hyperthreading fake cores were detrimental to performance and that it should be disabled.

imagine being this delusional

Imagine being this in denial. Intel is ALWAYS superior to amd. Amd is cheaper. That has been the case since the Athlon.

>$1500 low-frequency processor on $400 motherboard will cut into the gaming PC market.

Literally every benchmark out there shows that ryzen rapes Intel in everything using multicore. Unless you are a gaymer bro xD you are autistic to go with Intel.

Ryzen+ beats ivy bridge only barely on IPC and ivy bridge over clocks much better.

I would say it will beat the 6 core ryzen parts. If you're talking about price vs performance AMD has always been better. But if you need single threaded performance it just isn't there on AMD.

Absolutely nothing has changed.

It's a security feature :^)

techspot.com/news/75240-researchers-warn-new-hyper-threading-based-intel-cpu.html

honestly the only reason a lot of people build PCs is for gaming. most people who do 'workstation' stuff are either using Xeon processsors or Macs.

The coping is hilarious.

>ivy core i3
>stock clock
>stock heatsink (inb4 that's your problem)
>actually put load on its two shitty cores
>temp soars to 90C in about 45 seconds
>machine bluescreens or spontaneously reboots
>"over clocks much better"

Attached: 1525310477665.jpg (600x600, 55K)

>stock heatsink
that's your problem

>ivy core i7
>stock clocks
>stock heat sink
>doesn't go past 75C encoding 24/7.

>he is surprised that amd shills constantly lie

SEETHING CORELET

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 7nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* StoreMI doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Security doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Stock coolers don't matter!
>*NEW* Games don't always matter!
>*NEW* Hyperthreading doesn't matter!

so what, the 9900K will have HT

I have more cores than you.

Attached: speccy.png (3289x1053, 324K)

Attached: 1497878953615.jpg (552x661, 71K)

Intel was the best option for my NAS/Plex build. Their Linux video acceleration support is leaps and bounds over what AMD supports, and Intel actually had a mini-itx mobo that had 6 sata slots

With that said, my main and HTPC are still going to use AMD because I still hate the jews

Ryzen 2 lands somewhere between Broadwell and Skylake in IPC. Ryzen 3 will be using an entirely new process from a different R&D team targeted at a different market, so Intel's clock speed advantage will mostly or completely disappear. There is also a lot of room for improvement on the Zen architecture and AMD showed that with the minor revision for the Ryzen 2xxx series which provided ~5% IPC gains with some slight modifications to L1 and L2 cache.

It actually is in a few workloads, both for Intel and AMD. Also, AMD's SMT is more efficient than Intel's HT.

And cost $150 more.

So
>Gaming: Intel
>Video editing: Intel because adobe premiere supports igpu acceleration for intel
>Photo editing: Intel because single core performance matters more in those aplications

This is all the things AMD advertises their chips for and they perform worse

I dont like that hyperthreading is only good in certain situations. It shouldn't be default if its not universally a benefit. There should be a mechanism where its activated only when a thread loving program asks for it.

It's funny because I've yet to see a response from an Intel fan about this no HT on the i7 situation.
When this is mentioned they instantly rush to shit talk AMD.
It seems that IDF hasn't briefed the shills on what they should reply when this is questioned. Kek.

I don't understand what this means. "AMD is cheaper.." Yes, price per performance AMD is the better option. For most consumer grade options intel is offering, there is an AMD processor that is cheaper and performs similarly. What do you mean intel is superior? As a consumer the only thing that matters is price per performance.

Ryzen even beats Intel for gaming post meltdown/spectre

So the point of this thread is to make a fuss about a lower end model not having the same features as the top end model.

It's like complaining about ryzen 1200 not having HT

>if i keep saying I'll convince them!

Attached: 1488400157075.jpg (960x874, 114K)

I encode all day. Hyperthreading shows a 25% gain. So a 6 core 12 thread processor performs like a 7.5 core one would. Intel is upping it to 8 cores. This isn't exactly a regression.
Most tasks don't take advantage of hyperthreading like encoding.

No, it's to complain about Intel taking a feature away at a price point and in a product series where that feature has existed for a decade, solely for the purpose of market segmentation.

This.
The 9700k will still BTFO amd in gaming and basically everything. Just accept it you poor fags. Intel is better.

25% clock speed increase + 10-15% IPC increase for Ryzen 3 will completely eliminate any single core lead Intel ever had, which means Intel will lose in every benchmark, not just the multi-core ones which they already lose in.

Lol. Intel will come out with new arch and rape amd even harder than they have done.

Attached: 1493755321871s.jpg (204x250, 9K)

>saving thumbnail
nice job, fucking retard

How this is not a regression?
The i7 line always had HT, and now it will only be available on the i9 line. Of course this shit is a regression to the consumers.
Maybe it would not be a regression if they dropped the prices of the i7's. But really, this is Intel we're talking about, the jews will try to justify this move and milk the consumers as they always have.
They should have kept the naming scheme, i7 with 8c/16t, i5 with 8c/8t, and for i9, I don't know, just recycle some Xeon as they have been doing. The problem is that the 8c/16t will probably be expensive as fuck, so they need to call it i9 to justify it.
Just comparing a 6c/12t with a 8c/8t is retard.

Are you getting paid to do this?

Intel isn't releasing a new arch until at least 2021 according to their own road maps.

If you want hyperthreading that badly get a Pentium.

Yeah, I remember IDF saying something similar when people complained about no HT on the i5 line.
"If you want HT, just get an i7"

So? 2 years is nothing. Amd will get RAPED in 2020+ and lose even more market share to the Chad intel.

That will depend on the architecture. Remember Netburst? Itanium?

>i7
>stock heatsink
>only 75°C
Sure thing. Next you gonna tell me you have 10GHz on stock cooler.

And cheaper, too, right?

Attached: intel-israel-inside.jpg (300x280, 25K)

>Intel releases 14nm++++ in 2020+
>While everyone else already on 7nm

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK IS INTEL THINKING??!

"What's a Ryzen" - Intel

>economic illiteracy: the post

You are trying to reason with a shill dumbass

Y..you don't need hyperthreading anyway!

Attached: 1525554923397.jpg (691x771, 112K)

Intel fags will never know this joy

Attached: 1950X.png (1897x1005, 172K)

I never said I didn't understand the financial incentive behind the decision. That doesn't automatically make it a good decision either, and it's certainly bad for the consumer.

>He doesn't know dual E5-2670 systems have been $600 for years.

Too much trouble to deal with all that, and they can't overclock?

Yes, I am crying - that I don't have a Ryzen that's four times more capable, tops out at 70C, and would likely be cheaper.

>Buy T5600
>plug it in
Oooh, so much trouble.

>INTEL INTEL WE WANT MORE CORES
>fine here
>INTEL INTEL WE WANT MORE THREADS
WELL WHICH ONE IS IT YOU FUCKING SHITTERS?!?!

Why are these mutually exclusive?

Ryzens are perfect for gaming, the benchmarks people use are misleading.
Firstly it assumes all users don't have a limited refresh on their displays far below what the processor is capable of.
Next it assumes people play on PC like a console, with nothing else going on in the background and no distractions.

Unless you really need over 500fps in CSGO or only care about Wii U emulation, Intel really hasn't got a real world advantage for gaming.

Okay? But it's still not as fast, and the onboard audio is probably crap, and I don't even see a microphone port so I'd need to add a sound card.

Does it support NVME?

over here on my 2500k not giving a fuck

based

My greatest ally would never lie to me!

A-AMD BTFO!

Attached: 1499024326046.png (653x726, 84K)

give me ONE (1) reason why you would need hyperthreading?
If you want fake cores just run a VM.

Phenom II X6 1055T here.

Feelin’ Fine.

More Performance

Multitasking and programs that utilize multiple threads.... obviously

What
The
Fuck
Why

AMD didn't even have to try to dominate the enthusiast market. They won it based on their only competitor shooting themselves in the foot

>7100 has HT
> No other CPUs have HT other than flagship
Incel cucks everyone.

how does it make more performance if they're not real cores?
it's literally the same performance, just pretending it's doing more.

And that's a good thing

>If I keep shitposting it'll prove them wrong!

You're retarded m8

>Physx

Attached: 1527198706818.jpg (121x148, 10K)

Yes, it is doing similar computations. But the 'fake' threads make it better at multitasking because it's running two discreet threads in parallel on one physical core.

Also you can still get great performance from a single thread because one of the threads on a physical core can be mostly inactive allowing almost all cpu time to be used by the other

techpowerup.com/246251/intel-core-i9-8-core-lga1151-processor-could-get-soldered-ihs-launch-date-revealed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

techpowerup.com/246258/rumor-amds-zen-2-7-nm-chips-to-feature-10-15-ipc-uplift-revised-8-core-per-ccx-design

All the faggots in here, "Durr hyperthreading doesn't matter".
See: you retarded fucks

Now watch Intel price the 9700k at $600-700.

Attached: kek.jpg (248x189, 9K)

Who needs hyperthreading when you can just add more physical cores?

Theres actually people here work in AMD shilling their product
wow, i thought it was a joke

wow got rid of all those important things that matter and yet they're still making the best CPUs in the industry

really makes you think

Source faggot?

Yeah this shit is retarded because I have chrome and a bunch of other programs running while playing a game. Also most consumers are locked to 60hzand rarely 144hz regardless.

The computer sees them as real cores jesus christ you are so fucking retarded go back to./v/

I admire your tenacity.

Theres actually people here work in Intel shilling their product
wow, i thought it was a joke

It's cheaper and easier than investing in R&D.

Only problem is you don't fool people who wait for benchmarks.

>btfo gaming
Oh, you mean 3 more FPS and lower compute perfomance? Damn son.

What does this mean? for most of the cpus sold by intel, there is a similary performing amd cpu for cheaper. Therefore, and most price points, amd is making the best cpus in the industry

youtube.com/watch?v=MjdY2jn1-lw

hardwaresecrets.com/does-disabling-smt-on-a-ryzen-7-cpu-improves-performance/6/

hardware.fr/articles/956-7/impact-smt-ht.html

This

>amd is making the best cpus in the industry

That is some low quality bait, my friend.

>Therefore, and most price points

Nice reading comprehension you got there!