So my company is replacing our Samsung Galaxy S8s with new iPhone Xs. Are they really that bad?

So my company is replacing our Samsung Galaxy S8s with new iPhone Xs. Are they really that bad?

Attached: 380E8915-98B7-43F3-80DB-29D9BC6AA973.jpg (209x416, 13K)

They're not bad, but they're not worth $1k.
If you get it for free, then go for it. It's a premium phone.

Dude that phone is amazing, it just costs like $400 more than it should.

it's a good phone, not worth a thousand dollars, but holy fuck that's a great phone to get for free

I’m not excited about the plan, unlimited everything and 500gb of mobile hotspot.

>unlimited everything and 500gb of mobile hotspot
What do you mean you're not excited? That's literally unheard of.

*more not not lol. More excited

Are you in the US? I can only imagine how much that plan costs.

Yeah, not sure of the plan cost, but I opt’d for the $12.99/mo insurance coverage.

Pic related, you next month.

Attached: 1510252807623_0.jpg (273x247, 9K)

>+No lagging interface
>+No curved screen accidental touch memes
>+No wifi drop outs after or other dumb issues an update
>+No dumbass fucking bixby
>-Notch
>-Apple
>-No headphone jack

I think it's a great phone if you can overlook a few small shortcomings.

Attached: knowledge.png (64x64, 22K)

Attached: 1520840685007.png (532x2612, 808K)

Bruh you're getting an iPhone X for free?

I love my iPhone X if I'm being honest, the feel of it, the display (pentile OLED be damned), the speaker quality.

The notch will appear intrusive for about 2-3 days after that you don't "notice" it anymore, I mean it's there, but you just don't notice it.

FaceID has been VASTLY improved and is more accurate than TouchID ever was.
The gesture based navigation takes some getting used to, not gonna lie, but since I was already using the gesture navigation on the Android P beta I was "used" to gesture based navigation.

The shortcomings of course is the price, holy fucking lord $1,200 for a phone, the notch; FaceID is cool but I would have much preferred a design more akin to the Pixel 2XL, full 18:9 with Apple quality front-facing speakers.

But since you're getting one for free? Dude you're getting a killer deal.

Oh! Also, the lack of a headphone jack is unfortunate yes, but I own a pair of Sony MDR 1000X's and AirPods.
I'm not really missing a headphone jack, the AirPods sounds pretty good considering their size and all the tech jammed in them; and the Sony's are for the noisy office environment, their active noise cancellation help with blocking a TON of sound.

2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting street Rajeet.

have fun without system-wide ad blocking, expandable storage, or headphones
but I bet you'll love the camera, they do great auto-setting software

Why do xou get free phones? And why so often, s8 isnt old.

Oof got me there, user.

Attached: 1516871140326.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Our company is thinking of doing the same thing for consistency and to better support everyone. But honestly, our Asia Pacific offices will never spend the money to get everyone an iPhones as much as everyone there would probably want one.

I'm dreading the time it actually gets passed though. I hate iOS.

>you'll love the camera
L
M
A
O

Attached: 1509714328922.png (612x874, 654K)

>implying people don't just take selfies today
>implying people want something that doesn't just-werk(tm)
>implying snapchat even uses the real camera instead of taking a screenshot of the camera preview

I've never had a problem with the camera

Kinda interesting they don't show what OS version each phone was running for those tests, I'd be interested to know.
Only because software tweaking can help with cleaning up image quality.

Found an app that disables the bixnood button and lets you re assign it.
Fucking increased the utility of my S8 50%.

I don't think I'm going to get a Samsung for my next phone. I figured Samsung's BS couldn't be that bad, but boy do I miss stock Android.

God I fucking hate people like you
>Here's evidence/argument why thing is shit
>Well I like thing
Ok then you just like shit. Is your basic appeal to your own existence supposed to stop me from thinking that thing is shit?

Hardware wise they're pretty good, just overpriced as fuck, ios is pretty shit compared to android though.

This phone is faster than half of Jow Forums hard drives and ssds. Getting you 1GBps speeds thanks to nvme which androids can’t even hit yet

Your comapny is trying to assamilate you into being an Ifag, resist them.

Apple shill detected.

Hey guys, I have a 6S. Should I upgrade to one of those new one in September ?

Reasons I want to change :

>speakers are low and I listen to a lot of podcasts so it's a bit of a problem
>batter have been replaced but still can't finish an heavy day on it, and I'm never on bluetooth/wifi because of it. I want to buy a bluetooth headphone but I don't because I know the battery will just melt
>photo quality is fine but I'm using the phone for work and night pictures are often really shitty
>OS is a little laggy, especially the camera that freeze the phone a little and a few annoying things

Will I get disappoint, Jow Forums ? Those are my majors complain.

>lagPhone
lmao

>are they really that bad
They're not the absolute worst. If you've ever used an iPhone before it's a similar experience.
>locked into Applel's "ecosystem"
>can't access files
>locked away from any mildly important files, nothing even close to a file manager, basically just a downloads folder
>can't set default anything, forced to use their shit
>doesn't make a difference anyways because browsers all have to use the same base, each browser is basically a skin
>the fucking notch
>no headphone jack
>only way to move files is iTunes and only works for specific files
Basically, get rid of any notion that you have of ever having user freedom on this device.

Snapchat only does that retarded screenshot shit on Android devices. Devs are too stupid to figure out anything else.

>that English
Pajeet detected

>>the fucking notch
Disappears from your attention 5 days into using the phone. It actually doesn't cause any legitimate problems. 90% of the time you're using the phone in portrait mode, in which case the notch doesn't actually subtract from your view because it doesn't protrude into the content. It only protrudes into the status bar, with information almost permanently staying to its sides.
When you're watching a video, the notch is only a problem if you zoom in, which people tend not to do anyway because you end up cutting off heads or the sides of the video regardless of whether or not there's a notch.
The notch isn't a problem.
>>no headphone jack
Mildly inconvenient but also not really much a problem. You could just stick the dongle on the end of your cable and forget about it or use Bluetooth headphones.
>>only way to move files is iTunes and only works for specific files
You can AirDrop any downloaded files to your computer. No iTunes needed.

>he has to carry around a dongle to use a normal pair of headphones
Show me how to use Syncthing on iOS then we'll talk.
>airdrop
Only with Applel computers. Once again it's fucking vendor lock-in.

>Syncthing
Botnet.
>Only with Applel computers. Once again it's fucking vendor lock-in.
You can send files other ways as well. You can email them to yourself. You can use Dropbox. You can sign into iCloud in the browser on any computer. Etc, etc.

>cloud
>cloud
>cloud
>Syncthing is botnet
What the fuck does the word "botnet" mean to you?