He uses linux

>he uses linux
>he cares about privacy
>he prefers to use "open sores" software
Why are you people like this?

Attached: Girlslaughing.png (449x401, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> he shitposts on Jow Forums
Why are you like this?

Attached: Untitled.png (800x600, 476K)

open source software gives you the privilege of looking at the source code, and therefore you can make sure there's no security issues yourself by fucking reading the code.

tell me how you're sure that your closed-source shit doesn't have built-in backdoors?

i mean, apple admitted they knew how to get the San Bernadino shooters' data. because they have a magic backdoor. for sure windoze has the same stuff, duh...

open source software, or at least the dominant subset of it which has a decent community, has many pairs of eyes looking at the code to ensure there are no backdoors. so privacy is better.

my reddit detector is going off the charts

he is reddit spacing but that doesn't mean that his arguments are wrong
but he needs to lurk more for doing stuff like
> this

Except you can't read the code. You don't understand it. 99% of open sores users are like this.

That's why you firewall it. It's pretty easy if you aren't an idiot.

"Someone didn't configure their security properly" does not mean "magic backdoor". This is something that has been explained to freetards billions of times, but you still refuse to learn.

And the "many eyes" argument has been laughed at so hard, by so many, it climbed into a dumpster and slashed its wrists around the time of Heartbleed. It's a testament to your utter absence of a brain that you're still parroting it.

Attached: 1527243809438.jpg (200x179, 38K)

well, for one, i CAN read the code. but admittedly i don't. i rely on the community to do that for me. for example, linus reads the linux kernel code, and i trust him, so i don't read the kernel code myself. the same thing goes for most of the FOSS stuff i run; there is at least one guy i trust on every project who personally makes sure things are not being backdoored.

however, apple and microsoft certainly have intentional backdoors that they put in there. and even apple admitted it, as i said earlier WRT the san bernadino shooters.

heartbleed is a stupid argument: heartbleed was a bug, not a backdoor. people can introduce bugs into code unintentionally -- that's not the same as a backdoor, which is an intentional addition to create a security bypass. heartbleed, OTOH, was an unintentional mistake that even the best experts couldn't understand when they read the code. and for sure apple and windows and all the closed-source guys have their ample share of bugs; just look at the "software update" notes for your next windows machine -- there are always a few comments like "addresses some insecurity" which translates to "fixes some security bug"

Installing from repositories is faster and easier than downloading exes from some bullshit website. That's literally my only reason.

>apple and microsoft certainly have intentional backdoors that they put in there. and even apple admitted it, as i said earlier WRT the san bernadino shooters.
So what? What is wrong with that? I'm guessing you're a pedophile. Only pedos worry about muh backdoors.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile.

good point. only people with something to hide have to worry about these deep security issues. (and just to clarify, i posted the post you replied to)

people obsessed with security are usually hiding something, and even things like SSL and SSH are crackable by the NSA. and if you try to encrypt beyond what they can easily crack, they put you on an FBI watchlist or report you to the authorities in whatever other country you live in.

so you're right, security is a meme that techies get too hung up on. for sure the NSA could have cracked the San Bernadino shooters' phone easily even without the apple backdoor.

but that whole charade makes it obvious how the system works: if the government wants to crack somebody's phone, they refuse to reveal that they can crack it easily. instead they put pressure on the corps to give them the backdoor access. and the corps admit that the backdoor access exists ("it's because sometimes people lock themselves out of their accuounts!") but do the ostensibly right thing of refusing to give it to the government...

the NSA OTOH probably hacked that shit instantly and only wanted the backdoor from apple so they could release their info without revealing that they can crack all the encryption commonly used.

so basically it's all about politics, not really about privacy. at least for me. for pedos, they need to encrypt so hard that they are quickly detected as pedos by the NSA's encryption crackers, and quickly end up on FBI watch lists. so i guess it works out in the end.

This is why we need everyone to start encrypting hard, to overwhelm the profiling system. Won't someone think of the pedos!

There is nothing wrong with pedophiles being executed by the state.

generic summerfag microsoft shill. move along

The state is ran by pedos. Remember pizzagate?

I am 100% sure there are backdoors, I just accept it.

>pizzagate
Yes i remember the silly conspiracy pushed by Jow Forumstards and Facebook addicted boomers.

>muh nothing to hide, nothing to fear
Big Brother is watching you. I hope you like police states and authoritarianism.

Anarchists out

>libertarian = anarchist
Retards out

>omg the gubmint will know I posted a frog picture on the internet!!!

Cause who likes to get blindfolded, butt fucked, and then see the video whenever you access the internet

>"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."
100% authoritarian. I know you've said things the general public would disagree with on the Internet.

When the government starts using these backdoors on everyone and acts in a tyrannical manner, then you'd have an argument. Until then you're just a pedophile as far as I'm concerned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
It's still pretty funny to see people saying I'm a pedophile, though

>he has no dignity

Why are people like this?

Technically there's nothing wrong with being a pedo if you don't harm anyone

If I had a daughter and you looked at her and thought something sexual, I would have a big enough problem that I'd want to kill you.

I'm completely against CP and even I know that's retarded. You like thought crimes? How about every time you think about someone else's wife the husband is able to kill you?