/spg/ - Smartphone General

Newest Moto G Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Moto G6 Plus.jpg (500x470, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX
gsmarena.com/samsung_postpones_oreo_update_to_8_galaxy_phones_until_december-news-32431.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xiaomi Note 5 or Mi A2 Lite !?

Attached: 6804892.jpg (636x640, 132K)

If you're American, neither because they don't support American LTE bands
If you're not American, Note 5 because it's better hardware wise unless you're autistic about having an IR blaster on your phone

what can be done with a IR?

Is there any sort of worthwhile system app remover/freezer which doesn't need root?

I've always rooted my phones but I want to see what not doing that is like on my new device, just for experimentation.

Note 5 still has a micro USB port...

How does the Pixel 1 (not XL) hold up these days? Seems to be my only option for a phone that's not xbox hueg

Controlling TV's, cable boxes and home stereo amplifiers is my guess

why do xperias looks so nice?

So, I've narrowed down my choices to three phones. Help me with this, /spg/.
>Sony Xperia XZ (Screen has the best color contrast, I like the blocky design, much better performance than the XA)
>Sony Xperia XA (objectively better design than the xz, screen has a slightly blue-ish tint, fingerprint reader on the back instead of on the side of the device, better camera than the xz, but afaik not water resistant)
>HTC 10 (best screen, 4gb of ram, but only a 3000 mAh battery for a 2k screen)
The LG G5 and HTC one M9 are out of the question for several reasons.

they don't

Moving question here
I know no headphone jack sucks. Some companies are nice enough to give you an adapter for USB-C

Is it really bad if you get a phone with no jack when there's the con is losing the convenience of charging and listening to music at the same time, or if you especially have your own media player anyway?
Is there something else the Audio port does superior that USB-C can't do or signal differences?
True audiophiles get a good DAC converter hooked up on a computer anyway as well.

Ah, that's pretty interesting to know.

Shit battery life but other than that it's still good
But they don't, they look like slabs with fuck hueg top and bottom bezels

>Seems to be my only option for a phone that's not xbox hueg
There's also the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

simple design
t. basedsung galaxy shill
>muh bezels
reminder that 18:9 is a shitty meme for normalfags

XA doesnt have a fingerprint reader. Unless you mean XA *insert something else here*

They just do

Attached: 1522478032604.jpg (1360x2513, 388K)

Sorry, XA2 of course.
Fuck 2gb of ram

What can I get equivalent to Note 5 with USB-C?

I've got a moto G4 and the fucking GPS is a piece of shit, is that fixed?

Is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 a good deal for $375? How does it work in the U.S.? Any anons have one that can give me some more insight that isnt sponsored youtube bs?

Redmi Note 5 works fine in Australia right? It's not on a page where I looked at to see if it works. But the others e.g. Note 4 is there and they work.

I think I'll get it, I'll just sit on my decision for a few days and buy if I still feel the same.

Attached: x.png (595x626, 87K)

If you are not in the US, the Moto G6 Plus.

Try frequencycheck.com in the OP, it's there

Note 5 has Quick Charge so usb-c doesn't matter

19.5:9 is the real deal

I got this, it doesn't matter if it doesn't have LTE 4G right?

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (758x248, 13K)

you mean 38:13.55?

Note 5 3gb/32gb: $160
Note 5 4gb/64gb: $186
Should I jump the gun? How much are they ripping me off with the "upgrade"?

So what?
Mi Max 3.

My Nexus 6P is dead to the battery demons. I basically want exactly the same phone but with batteries that weren't made by Huawei. What are my options?

Should I save for the iPhone 9 or the Pixel 3?

you'll get shit data speeds.
I remember the Note 3 pro had good Telstra 4g coverage, I guess that's not the case with the new one

anyone here replaced the front panel on an iphone6? my screen got fucked up when the battery bloated big enough to bulge out the screen, like a day after the battery stopped taking a charge. I got a cheap chinesium screen and replaced it, but the thing heats up tremendously around the ear piece whenever the screen is on (like it would probably melt if i left it on for more than a couple minutes). as soon as the screen is off though, it starts to cool off and go ambient temp. anyone also deal with this?

thinking of trying to return it for refund. was ebay'd from a california seller, so could probably get money back if i msg seller.

return it and replace your damn battery or

>G6 Plus
You can still get the international version in the US

>or
yeah I'm retarded

Another one gives me this, the note 5 is listed several times

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (748x238, 12K)

Well as far as I'm concerned, it's not officially being sold there.

Can you hype me up about OP 6T?
Is there a chance it will be without a notch?
Im using a Nexus 5 (2013)

You can use adb to uninstall system apps for your user. They'll still be lying dormant in your phone's ROM, but at least they won't be running.

Depends, do you want this walled garden or that walled garden?

Poorfag here. Should I get the moto g6 play or can I somehow do better? looking to spend no more than $230

Are 18:9 phones supposed to be taking 16:9 screenshots of an app only designed for 16:9? And are they supposed to take the black bars on each side into account, effectively flattening the resolution to 14.2222222:9? It's fucking annoying me.

S10.

My LG v10 is making a weird smoke-like smell from the micro USB port. Should I be worried/Is it unsafe to charge the phone?

Package disabler pro

Hi, What's the best audio player for Android ?

>v10
Is it still under guarantee?
If not, try googling the problem and yeah don't charge it for now. If it is, back your shit up, get a refund and buy either a v20 or a g6

Any reason to pick an Honor phone over Xiaomi at any price bracket ?

Attached: DIU4HFk.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

Just get one of those fucking redmi note 5 everyone seems so keen on recommending here

On a serious note, I'd stretch my budget a bit more and get the Moto g6

source on pic?

Attached: 1386542578527.png (250x200, 76K)

There is no "best audio player" per se, because people have their own tastes

I've always preferred BlackPlayer EX

g6 is inferior tho

To the G6 Play?

Not really

The only thing in which the G6 Play is superior is in battery capacity

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (859x256, 17K)

The UI utilizes a lot of "cold" colors and I personally like the feel of honor phones in my hand. Idk if MIUI has a spotlight-ish swipe-down-to-search-function but that's what I really liked about EMUI besides it being pretty lightweight even though it has like 30 preinstalled system apps. I had an Honor 8 for about a year until the battery was shit and thr fingerprint reader broke.
Pls subscribe to my blog

>678
>2340
literally why

Any downsides to getting a tempered glass screen protector that isn't made for your phone? Fucked up putting on a protector for my imported Mi8 and I doubt they sell more locally.

I've no idea

Phone has a very power efficient soc, that's what I can tell ya

Frequencycheck doesn't list the correct bands, use the one on Kimovil instead.
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

Pixel XL

>very power efficient
you mean shit

Attached: Screenshot_20180726-114926.jpg (1815x327, 95K)

Note 5 or One Plus?

>66887013
No. 5 proxes and just increment the last integer string in each pass. But, the whole passive fingerprint scan idea is a mindfuk. It would be something any alphabet agency on down would love to use.

I've only just started paying attention to chink phones, what are the best places to read up on them and get honest reviews?
Most sites seem like advertising and the pastebin hasn't been updated all year

notebookcheck.net

Techtablets on Youtube for reviews.

>>Recommended Chinkphones
>pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX
What the fuck is this? I only see Xiaomi bullshit propaganda

So why do you guys like chinkphones like OnePlus 6 again?

I can get a Galaxy S8 Plus for about $30 USD less; is there any reason I should be looking at chinkshit as an alternative?

Here we go again with this...

>I only see Xiaomi bullshit propaganda
Welcoome to /spg/ newfag.

appreciated

Attached: 1523069426369.png (500x500, 187K)

>not a single Oppo
you just know the list is worthless
what a joke thread

Name one Oppo phone that's better than the equivalent priced Xiaomi

Find X

I said equivalent price. For the price of one Find X you can get two Mi Mix 2S or Mi8.

Today is the day I retire my Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 after 4 years of service. Loved it when I saw it, it was big for it's price point so I imagined it would be great for games. Little did I know it would have a subpar GPU that would lock me out of certain then modern 3D games, and current 3D games would be completely unplayable. Still handled itself well regardless, and despite the weak RAM and low storage, I managed to play a decent amount of games on it. The power saving system also feels great, several times I'd be at

Attached: 36520511_B.jpg (1000x1000, 138K)

Honor 10 is same price and better than Mi Mix 2S though

gsmarena.com/samsung_postpones_oreo_update_to_8_galaxy_phones_until_december-news-32431.php
>Samsung phones FINALLY getting Android 8.0 after 9.0's release
so this..... is the power....... of samsung.....
whoa............

Anyone with (knowledge about) chink vanilla Nokia 7? Will it get updates for android or should I wait for 6.1 plus? My phone mic just died and I can only wait this long before going insane rolling with headset. Clean Android is a must.

>is there any reason I should be looking at chinkshit as an alternative?
Only if you want less frequency band support and inferior cameras.

Xiaomi vs Nokia vs Moto, which one is better?

Better in what?

>Galaxy on5/7
literally what

Some Chinese flagships support US network bands and offer better value for money, especially considering that OnePlus devices aren't available worldwide. Either way, both options are a waste of money.

OP6 pros
>newer and faster chipset
>more RAM
>dual rear camera for portrait mode
>one year newer = will get updates for longer
>better software (closer to stock, cleaner UI, less bloat)
>easier to unlock bootloader and root
>bigger custom ROM community

S8+ pros
>IP68 water resistance (OP6 is only splash resistant)
>MicroSD slot
>wireless charging
>higher quality display
>no notch
>not chink

Thanks a bunch

I can't install anything on my old zenfone go (Z00VD), does lineageOS work on this phone?

When difference between 6GB and 4GB of ram will be most noticeable? Is it worth paying almost 20% extra for it? I currently have old phone with 2 gigs and I don't have any serious problems.

Does Moto g6 have the same issues as g4 plus? So much overheating and screen burn in. Also who makes these because this Lenovo trash is making me upset in contrast to G1 that was solid.

Note8, s9+, or Note9?

Need a replacement for moto 2. Gen

-Oled
- 5" +-1
- 300€

Do you actually need 126gb memory in phone for the extra cost? What do you even store there? Bunch of games or what?

Wrong

Pixel 1, Galaxy S7 or A5 2017.

>buyer's remorse

It's pretty nice being able to store half of my music collection in opus format on my phone.

Why is Oppo so fucking based?

>Galaxy S7
kaboom

>moto g5 STILL on Nougat

Attached: 1448731444481.gif (440x247, 621K)