MacBook Pro

I've been an electronics store, and I've played around with MacBook Pro...
Shit, you were not meming about keyboard, it is literally shit.
Travel distance it shit. I'm not eving considering durability. I don't know how to type on this. It is like typing on touchscreen, same feelings. It was loud in store, and I didn't knew if I pressed a key or not. I think even ZX Spectrum keyboard will be better, than this.
I've 2014 MacBook Air (with badly drilled holes), and it's keyboard is just perfect in comprising with MBP. Sure, MBA keyboard is on spongy side a little bit, not as crisp as Thinkpad or some ASUSes have, but not too horrible, I'm living with it.

Why do people buy MacBook with this shitty keyboard? And why they are protecting and justifying this shit?
Also, a touchbar is a meme... But I'm not sure, maybe with this shitty keyboard it is not too noticeable

Attached: 22.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Alright, I'll bite. I like the butterfly mechanism, even moreso now that it's been fixed to not get BTFO by crumbs.
>Travel distance it shit.
I like the low travel. Low travel = less effort to push (compared to island keys). When you pair that with the improved key stability and increased key size, the result is actually a faster laptop typing experience with fewer mistakes. Also the butterfly keys allow for less backlight leaking from around the keys and only shining through the letter windows.
It's not a mechanical keyboard, but it's nice. It's a nice design.
>It is like typing on touchscreen, same feelings.
It literally is not at all like typing on a touchscreen, but I get what you mean. You get used to it after a couple days.
Typing on a touchscreen isn't so bad, either, actually. Like typing on a big tablet like an iPad Pro or a Surface Book is pretty easy. You don't have too look at where you're typing either, because after some time your brain tends to learn where each virtual key is and it becomes second nature.
>I've 2014 MacBook Air (with badly drilled holes),
Yikes.
> and it's keyboard is just perfect in comprising with MBP.
Eh, to each his own. I prefer butterfly keys because they're bigger, more stable and more deliberate.
>Why do people buy MacBook with this shitty keyboard? And why they are protecting and justifying this shit?
Sometimes people like things you don't like. That's OK.
>Also, a touchbar is a meme... But I'm not sure, maybe with this shitty keyboard it is not too noticeable
Leave the Touch Bar alone. The Touch Bar did nothing wrong.
It doesn't get in the way and only makes certain tasks you'd normally complete with Fn keys (like volume and brightness adjustment) just a tiny bit faster because you no longer have to taptaptap or hold to get the slider to where you want.
Instead, you can now just grab the controls with drag them in one easy motion. It's not revolutionary, but it's a welcome change and I like it.

40 MS Points have been deposited into your Xbox account.

But seriously I owned the 2016 15" MBP but traded it back in for the 2017 13" non-Touchbar MBP then traded that in and just got a refurbed 2015 MBP. Here's what I hate about the new Macbooks:
>keyboard is shit
>lack of ports
>touch bar is beyond stupid

>keyboard is shit
only in reliability, which has been fixed.
>lack of ports
won't be a problem in a few years.
people said the same thing about the lack of a floppy disk drive.
>touch bar is beyond stupid
why does everyone hate the touch bar so much? there's this seething hatred for the touch bar and i don't get it. it's not that bad. it's not even "bad" per se.

>inb4 "MUH STEVE WOODN'T HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN!!1!"

poorfag general?

>i didn't like a keyboard that i typed on for

Best laptop ever, you have no taste

imo dell xps has the nicest keyboard

lenovos are decent but takes a bit longer to get used to, my 2015 mbp was decent too

Macfag here, the 2015 retinas are just perfect, and the new ones are utter garbage.

Also, for some reason Apple likes using the lowest tier GPUs ever, so instead of using Vega Mobile, they put a fucking 560X which is basically a GT 1030 and charges $2800 for it.

Everyone here hates the new keyboard but loves the rest of the hardware, I'm gonna be switching to a 2017 15" in a few weeks from a 2015 MBP and it's gonna take some getting used to, fortunately I keep my laptop docked most of the time using an external keyboard.

The pre 2015 models were pretty good.

Apple had to fuck us with the touchbar/shitty keyboard/old processors.

At least the touch pad is decent though

>keyboard is shit in reliability
No, as the OP said, it's just shit in general, not just reliability.
>lack of ports isn't a problem
>this is what macfags actually believe
I will say to you what I've said to others. Removing the floppy drive, CD drive, etc. was the removal of one single feature. It was not removing all but one fucking type of port.
>touch bar
It's a shitty gimmick that doesn't offer any new functionality.

I liked my mechanical keyboard the day I started typing on it.

You probably like everything apple shits in your mouth. Thus your " opinion " is worthless.

so is the throttling fixed?

No, there are plenty of things I hate about Apple. The MacBook Pro just isn't one of them and I think it gets way too much hate.
Tribalism is the antithesis to reason, user.

yeah that's why there isn't any threads anymore except 1 lol

>eh, to each his own. i like it, but if you don't, that's fine too! :)
>FUCKING MACTODDLERS STOP GUZZLING TIM COOK'S COCK REEEEEEEEEE

how is the keyboard "shit in general?"

and the lack of ports really isn't a problem. a shitload of peripherals already connect via USB C, and most of the ones that don't tend to connect via a cable which you could very easily replace with a USB C > [whatever] cable. the few peripherals that don't connect via a cable, wirelessly, or through USB C might require a dreaded dongle, but you are not going to need as many fucking dongles and shitty tech youtubers will have you believe. you'll probably only need one dongle that can do many different things simultaneously, which is more than can be said about the previous macbook pros because you couldn't use every single port at once.
the truth is that USB C + thunderbolt can do anything any other port can do, and better. so anything else is unnecessary.

>It's a shitty gimmick that doesn't offer any new functionality.
It offers new but minor functionality. For example, scrubbing to a specific part in a video would previously done either with your mouse, or using the number line and arrow keys.
Now all you have to do is hit the exact point in the timeline you want to be. This can be pretty useful for editing videos.

It's minor, but still a plus. It's not bad and it doesn't get in the way.

video scrubbing is great as it works with videos that don't have any interface like Instagram videos

>I'm gonna be switching to a 2017 15" in a few weeks from a 2015 MBP and it's gonna take some getting used to
Do yourself a favor and get a 2018 model. The keyboard is far more resistant to ingress and that alone makes it worth it.
And everyone most certainly does NOT love the rest of the hardware. People tend to trash every aspect of everything that carries an Apple logo.

>Typing on a touchscreen isn't so bad, either, actually
gr8 b8 m8

Holly fuck, a non-hivemind reply!

Attached: 2718b3ba7bf22909815861934e36dd60.gif (400x216, 983K)

It unironically is not.
At least try it before talking shit about it. If the keys are big enough, typing isn't so bad on a touch display. I can type just as fast on a virtual keyboard as I would on a physical one.

When you say typing on touchscreen is as good as typing on new mbp keyboard you are literally proving OP's point.

Christ.
I didn't say typing on a physical keyboard and typing on a touchscreen are exactly the same in enjoyability. I'm just saying that typing on a touchscreen isn't so bad and shouldn't slow you down you fucking scrub.
Learn to adapt.

>Do yourself a favor and get a 2018 model.
Don't think I can justify sending a £5000 bill to finance when I can take a 2017 MBP from a leaver, I manage tech for a software company so I can essentially pick and choose what equipment I use. The dedicated GPU in the 2017 alone is a step above my 13" Iris 6100 so I'll be taking it.

The people here love everything about the hardware but universally complain about the keyboard, I don't understand why they had to change what was a great chiclet on the 2015.

I mean, alright but just make sure you take extra good care of that keyboard then. Never let anything get into it.
It's a bitch to repair and keys go dead very very easily.

Mactoddlers have defended this.

literally everything apple has done in the last couple of years has been a big mistake, but retards keep buying into it because IT JUST WERKZ (except when it doesnt)

i don't think you can repair the keyboard. I mean the battery is glued to the chassis right where you should be able to access the keyboard.

How do you trade them in?

We haven't had any dead keys so far fortunately.

This is the root of the problem, I believe the keyboard is one of the last things to be taken out of the chassis, meaning you need to remove everything beforehand just to get to it, making the repair stupidly expensive.

You may learn to adapt Tim Cooks dick like the shit eating mactoddler that you are. Rest of us can enjoy actually good keyboards and functional & repairable computers

>legitimate argument nowhere to be found

You seem angry.
Are you angry?

It is "fixed", expect VRM failures within one year.