Are you running a Custom ROM, Modified/ Rooted Stock, or just Stock, and why?

Are you running a Custom ROM, Modified/ Rooted Stock, or just Stock, and why?
strawpoll.me/16152049

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/d855
reddit.com/r/lgv20/comments/91isgw/second_screen_progress_video_on_lineage_151_oreo/?utm_source=reddit-android
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't like gapps.

Magisk rooted oxygenOS.

Close to stock, light enough with some nice additional features. Rooted for YouTube Vanced and substratum. (used to root for closed, but cba now)

Closed == xposed.

Yeah. For some devices it's definitely worth it. For example my Nvidia Shield Tablet from 2014. It received updates until around december last year. Stock rom laggy and buggy as hell. Installed LineageOS and it now runs without one flaw. (Except the stylus suppoort, but that was shit anyways)

Stock because im not some autistic neckbeard with anything to hide.

tfw locked at&t bootloader ;_;

Stock S8 Active. Vanced blocks YouTube ads and DNS66 everywhere else. Only thing I miss is that thing that lets me mount images, but I still have my old phone for whenever I want to do that.

Whatever the latest MiUI version is available to the Mi Max 2. I'm getting too tired of putting on autism ROMs to have them go laggy and crash every update and don't care if the chinks can see me through my front camera beating off my 8 inch wang, they'd probably be jealous.

Hide? I'd say most don't root and change Thier ROM to hide stuff, more like add or remove features

Stock boy, why would you do anything different??

stock rooted
i'll probably install LOS when i'm not lazy

Running stock Galaxy A5 2017
Not running any custom rom since there arent many options to choose from and my interest shifted from phones to computers some time ago after failed attempts at trying to compile roms on my own. On my previous device (Galaxy A5 2015) I essentially raped it:
>root
>flash recovery
>flash buggy rom ( unpopular device)
>x error in rom
>ohshit
>flash stock firmware
>repeat

Custom because my phone stopped receiving updates (S5) and because Samsung includes a fuckton of bloat.

Lineage doesnt support any cheap devices.

Xiaomi N3P with ResurrectionRemix 6, rooted with magisk

fuck MIUI.

Galaxy S6/S5
All OnePlus devices
Xiaomi Mi A1 and Redmi Note 4

Those are all like 500 dollars. Can't even get a oneplus one used for less than 100.

>not debloating and compiling lineageos from source.

What's a good alternative OS for a xz premium?

Got so bored of this shit a long time ago. Unironically touchwizz on a midranger samshit. Posted from an old ipad that hasn’t been jailbroken either. At least I run vanilla debian linux on my ultrabook so that classifies as a nerd still. Couldn’t fucking get myself top pay for win 10 with it’s forced beta version tier updates when I haven’t been playing games in years.

Retard. Rooting is for making your phone actually useful.

I'm running S8 port on my SGS6. Samsung jewed S6 and S7 owners with some fairly useful features that S8 has.
Funniest thing is that some A-series phone from the same year as S7 did get all the S8 stuff, while the flagships didn't.

I have a moto G5 which is one of the very few phones where there's some sort of "debloated" stock ROM available that is better than anything else available for it.

OP5 with rooted OOS

I use an OS that isn't a pajeet Java abomination

Just a stock V30.

I remember running a carousel of different custom roms on my old S3, but Verizon phones tend to be locked fairly tight since then.

This. LineageOS without gapps is really comfy. My needs are met just fine with f-droid.

>not differentiating between "stock android" (the sort of experience you get from nexus phones) and the skinned crap that samsung and all the other big brands put on their devices

You could always port it to your device yourself.

postmarketOS? PureOS?

gapps is a battery sink

it does tho

I use the default OS and Google apps. Just works, and I don't even use my phone that much.

Stock because my OS has no custom ROMs

rooted stock J3 the stock rom is way more snappy than lineageOS which is CIA botnet anyways

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-26-10-01-07.png (720x1280, 852K)

Rooted Meizu, stock. No guides on how to install lineage on my device and too spooked to try without one

>stock rom is way more snappy than lineageOS
Is your phone based on exynos soc by any chance?

This.It's a battery hog and I can't stand having all of that trash that comes pre-installed,using up precious storage space.Lot's of idiots think everyone does this for privacy reasons,but privacy is just an added benefit in my opinion.

My Motorola can't be rooted and the process would be an enormous pain in the ass anyway.

Custom
ez rooting n shieeet

Stock rooted by magisk. No real need for anything beyond adaway and afwall.

LOS S5 here too, same reasons.

Someone show me a newer phone with IR, Headphone jack, replaceable battery, wireless charging, and OLED screen; and I *might* consider upgrading. Until then S5 is best phone.

Unfortunately, you do have to compromise if you want all that. Even excluding 3.5mm you won't find a phone like this. If you ignore the removable battery there are Xiaomi Mi Note 5, Huawei Mate 9 Pro and P9+. If you also ignore the 3.5mm (which isn't a big deal) then Xiaomi Mi 8 is a good pick as well as Huawei P20 Pro. Batteries can always be replaced, just takes a bit more effort. But yeah, "removable" ones are more convenient.

>Retard. Rooting is for making your phone actually useful.
How is stock not useful? That's a terrible justification for using a custom rom

I bet you don't even use IR blaster or the wireless charging features. They're gimmicks.

Running stock android on xiaomi mi A1. It will get another big update I think maybe I'll consider a rom when it stops being supported.
Though there is unofficial treble which seems great and may make me jump to a modded rom before EoL.

Not him. I use IR blaster for my AC and sometimes to turn of my TV. Why use remotes when you can have a million of them in your phone? IR blaster is useful, stop being retarded and selling a lack of features as a good thing.
As for wireless charging it's useful until phones start shipping with 2 USB ports, and even once they do wireless charging will still be useful.

Well I sure do, they are called advertisments

Nope until I can find a viable alternative to Maps. Here was ok but I don't trust it anymore, if they're recording my shit might as well use the better app for it.

yeah when I unbotted a shit tier Samsung it was snappy

Stock Android on Nokia 8 Sirocco.

No I still haven't rooted my Moto G5 Plus and I need to send it in soon for either repair or for hopefully replacement because it's a bit worn and the jack from my old earbuds got stuck in my Moto's jack

I have a Mi A1 and yeah no. LineageOS or AOSPExt has better battery life, maybe if you unbot it but it has a lot of dependencies in the configuration is no fun

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180725-213135.png (1080x1920, 124K)

>alternative to Maps
Gmaps can be used fine. Anyway, OSMAND and MAPS.ME are better simply because of offline navigation.

It does actually but God damn the Pajeets hammering on working on/porting Lineage and or Lineage based Custom ROMS TAKE FUCKING FOREVER MONTHS TO OVER HALF A FUCKING YEAR FUCKING PAJEETS I SWEAR TO DAMN FUCK YOU NIGGERS

My Axon 7 Mini barely has RR and Lineage 14.1 available for it and those are the only two available Custom ROMS for my Axon 7 Mini that's a damn $300 phone sure it's slightly poorfag tier but at least it DOESN'T range within $50 - $150 or $200

I want to try Lineage out, but I couldn't manage to root my phone. Lineage's guide is outdated and doesn't work.

Stock, there's no custom rom for my phone, and I wasn't able to root it because there's no TWRP for me to flash magisk.

Stock based debloated tweaked and modded. I tried aosp roms like los and ressurection remix but they dont have second screen functionality on the v20.

I was running LineageOS on my first-gen Moto G until the battery just up and died a few weeks ago. Ended up getting an S8 and am just running that stock.

Sony packages a bunch of bloat and ads on their stock OS, which is trash. They also have an AOSP build available, but if you're doing that might as well go for a custom ROM. Although community support isn't as robust as a Nexus/Pixel device.
Running Lineage OS (unofficial) on a Sony Xperia Compact XZ1

Xiaomi Mi A1 stock ROM with last 8.0 release. I tried to update but it hard bricked my phone so after fixing it, I just stick to rooted stock 8.0

Best ROM for the LG G3 currently? Is lineage supported for it?

>people should do work for me for free
Kys. If you need a ROM, take the base LineageOS and make it work on your device yourself.

download.lineageos.org/d855
There are other models supported. It looks like they haven't pushed it to 15.1 (android 8). Seeing how 14.1 updates are still coming they're probably working on 15.1

I'm running Lineage 15.1 on my shitty 1gb redmi 2. I'm 100% sure that this shit will make my phone last for at least 5 more years

Pajeet niggers LITERALLY DO IT FOR FUCKING FREE
THERE'S NO ASKING PRICE TAGS ON CUSTOM ROMS EXCEPT DONATE TO THE DEV/DEVS LMFAO

>"DON'T USE TOUCHJIZZ, USE STOCK!"
>"DON'T USE STOCK, USE LINEAGE!"
Androidfags are getting more and more specific.

stock, no root, at&t galaxy S5.
bootloader is locked so there is nothing I can do in terms of custom firmware.

Have an HTC One M8 Dual, stock rom was fucking unbearable. Using Lineage feels so much better.

Stock on my phone, stock rooted with a custom kernel on my tablet.
I like custom roms in theory but sometimes you just can't beat stock performance, especially on samsung.
My stock tabs2 with greenify has excellent battery life, it didn't do nearly as well with a custom rom.

Stock rom, because i am lazy faggot.

>How is stock not useful
you're locked into the set apps your provider got paid to force you to use.
Oh you wanna to this app? Sorry they didn't give us our protection fee user; here use this one that paid us, its part of our (insert any choice word: ecosystem, network, family, suite); its almost just as good. What do you mean you want choice? LOL look at this nerd cry about wanting the device you paid for to work the way you want it to work.

>Lineage VS stock Android/iOS/Windows
Sailfish.

>sailfish
Plasma Mobile and PureOS Mobile.

OnePlus 6 stock oxygenos, had a s5+ before and it lagged as hell and the battery died like in 30 mins. Installed lineageos + root + Xposed + my own mods and it ran like butter

When upgrading noticed that the OnePlus 6 is literally the phone that I modded my s5+ for two years. Almost stock Android but a little more options. Switched from the s9 to the OnePlus 6 because every aspect was fucking better, camera processor speed fingerprint speed looks, display.
Never buying Samsung again, they put so much bloatware on their phones

OnePlus 5t stock - unrooted

I haven't done anything on my phone yet that requires root but if something comes up I will root

Because my stock hasn't been updated since 2015

Pixel experience is GOAT

Stock Samsung Experience on S9+. I would use a custom ROM, but idk, I don't think rooting and recovery are available yet for the Snapdragon one.

Can I use Magisk to remove garbage and then remove magisk? Thanks

Attached: elementaryMydearMrData.jpg (628x617, 66K)

I have the unofficial lineage 15 on my lg v20
it's a good time

>look up postmarketOS again because of this thread, and since i hate AEX
>literally two devices with working audio
maybe next year

I might try it out soon since they're close to getting the second screen working.
reddit.com/r/lgv20/comments/91isgw/second_screen_progress_video_on_lineage_151_oreo/?utm_source=reddit-android

>get Droid Maxx 2 because largest battery I could find for under-$200 phone
>no one even attempts to root it in the 3 years I've owned
feelsbadman

Attached: I'm Not Angry.gif (500x227, 800K)

How did you fix the low microphone volume during calls on lineage os and the s5?

I got me a new XZ2 and a Jow Forumsfriend of mine is INSISTING that I root it.

Heard Sony fucks over some rooted phones. Any news on this?

I want to install lineage on my redmeme note 3, MIUI is bloated as fuck and I dont use gapps.

Stock. It just werks. Based Motorola. Just got updated to 7.1.1 last month, unexpectedly.

Rooted galaxy s5 with Android 5.0, everything Google removed/uninstalled.

Runs fast and cold. Only problem is that I can't check my emails or use maps.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-26-16-42-25.png (1080x1920, 1.85M)

What's wrong with you people who buy a phone and only then, after you have it, look into whether you can root/unlock it? Why are you not researching this when you're first looking for the phone, and eliminating any device where it's impossible or incredibly difficult?

Attached: 1528911621527.png (918x1280, 1.8M)

I don't think rooting the phone makes you any less spied on, it just simply lets you use admin privileges, correct me if I'm wrong.

Then again, I flashed the rom.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-26-16-49-51.png (1080x1920, 1.87M)

Droid Maxx 2 guy

When I bought it there was supposedly a root right around the corner. You either gotta go super-popular or buy something semi-old but already rooted.

Honor 5x

Do it, running lineage on this and it feels great. Would never go back even if I could.

Attached: Screenshot_20180727-103238.png (1080x1920, 161K)