Google onsite interview

Any of you autists did this? I have one coming up in a few days (for front-end). Anything I could do to increase my probability of offer other than grinding leetcode day and night?

Attached: gologe.jpg (405x228, 8K)

Praise kek

I conduct these. If you only have a few days left it's probably too late to use this advice, but practice writing on a whiteboard.

Don't waste time talking about your personal projects or whatever, just make it short sweet and get to the code writing. The introductory phase is just an ice breaker and won't count for much.

You should be grinding leetcode day and night for probably half a year already.

>Gologe
>Guloge
>Gulag

Attached: 05b65-richard_stallman_by_anders_brenna_01.jpg (1600x1067, 162K)

>gulag.com redirects to facebook

Attached: qhYqosJb.jpg (160x160, 6K)

>Reaching this hard

Careful with off by one mistakes

That's interesting. Are you supposed to write correct code on the whiteboard? I never really had to code on a board, I was asked to draw some diagrams before and come up with pseudocode, but I heard Google wants real code. Is that true?

Correct code is necessary. Some people even try and compile it. Pseudocode is not expected. You have to show that you can actually code.

what a joke

It has to be correct code in a language of your choice, preferably C++ or Java, but it doesn't have to be 100% compilable. Like, if you forget a semicolon, who cares, and since you probably don't know the entire standard library, if you say "I know there's a function doing this, do you remember how it's called? Let's just say it's called 'foo'", then that's fine too.
At least, that's how it went when I interviewed with them. Didn't make it btw.

As long as you define what the function does clearly it's fine, you don't have time for perfect details.

>Some people even try and compile it
Honestly what is the point of the whiteboard then? Nobody programs on a whiteboard

Brush up on your pronouns and recent diversity related events.

If you don’t know the syntax of your language (you, not your ide) then you don’t really know the language, do you?

The "correct code" they have you write isn't anything crazy complicated. I had to do a simple Conway's Game of Life. You can pick any language you like.

>lrullraex
that wasn't hard

>If you don’t know the syntax of your language (you, not your ide) then you don’t really know the language, do you?
That is true, but it is also a completely irrelevant point to make. Syntax has absolutely nothing to do with a whiteboard.

I could write that in basica

Grind the problems. It's 6 interviews. If you mess up one you will not get the position period. They interview so many candidates that there will always be enough people getting 6/6 correct so they never have to hire anyone who made a mistake. If you fuck up the first one just stick around and get the free lunch. At the end of the day they just send you out a side door and say have a nice day.