STOP USING GLIBC - DAILY REMINDER

>2018
>still using glibc
what the fuck are you? retarded? why the fuck haven't you switched over to the clearly superior musl?

Attached: 2018-07-26-022327_927x231_scrot.png (927x231, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc1rBayMnVI
harmful.cat-v.org/software/
suckless.org/sucks/
suckless.org/rocks/
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

glibc works
musl doesn't
end of conversation

I don't use it.
Though I don't even know what glibc is so that's that.

Yes it does? And glibc is bloated and musl isn't. There.

Shills are out in full force today, aren't they?

MUSL is infinitely superior to glibc, and if you fail to realize this. YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

have you ever tried a musl system? most things don't work and require you to run them in a glibc environment.

t. glibctards

Attached: 9d0.jpg (680x680, 56K)

This is where you're wrong. Void Linux Musl is a Musl-Based system and it works perfectly, given that you are given musl-compiled packages/programs (which the repo's do offer).

Cos musl programs are bloated with patches so you need to wait for package updates and cos gcompat is mostly retarded.

if I stop using glibc it will be in favor of C++

it's like arguing about what dialect of latin is better, nobody gives a shit about dead language

/thread

>Debating standard libraries

I thought they were just different implementation for the C library but they're actually non-compatible with each other?

Stop using C

Attached: golangtoy-752x1024-2.png (752x471, 195K)

I've been using uClibc for ages.

As long as you have the libraries, they are compatible, but not cross compatible.

glibc is standard, anything else is not

>void
If you're gonna bite the musl meme use Alpine. Void is ded.

>sucksmore shill calling others retaded

Attached: suckmore shills.png (967x302, 63K)

Not really, glibc is a C library that thousands of freetards use. It's as much of a standard as GNU itself is. Aka not really, just a bunch of people who use it.
That's the thing with OSS, there are no standards, everyone can do whatever they fuck want.

>not using gcc or the holy c compiler

I really wish to see some wider survey of incompatibilities and porting patches. There was an Alpine presentation on FOSDEM 2017 mentioning some challenges and sometimes trivial mistakes preventing to compile with musl on first try:
youtube.com/watch?v=Cc1rBayMnVI

>b-bloat!
>muuuuuuh boat!
>m-m-mUH BLOOOOAT
My cache is 8MB and I'm running m.2 in raid. I could not care less about a few bytes.

That's because they go beyond the standard C library, plus there are some particularities to every implementation.

No. The only standards are ANSI/ISO C and POSIX/SUS.
glibc just happens to be the historically most used *desktop and server* libc (in fact, embedded Linux devices that use musl/uC/dietlibc outnumber desktops and servers by orders of magnitude, so glibc isn't even the absolutely most used libc)

What's your L1 cache retard?

Who cares, it's intel cache, so better than the competition. Keep wasting your time on menial bullshit if you believe it makes you a better programmer, tho.

>look mum I'm trolling Jow Forums

Attached: 1491861785556.jpg (3036x4048, 3.07M)

>Who cares, it's intel cache, so better than the competition.
>When AMD has literary more and faster L1 cache.

Is that even relevant? last layer cache is still fast in comparison to RAM. And you still do shitton of syscalls anyway.

Stop moving the goalpost.
Until you write your own compiler, your own libraries, and your own proprietary form of binaries, you will never be free of bloat. You're all idiots.
t. intel compiler user

don't forget to screencap this epic win and post it on Jow Forums4chan

Attached: 1490471462296.png (732x514, 158K)

Your and your gay buddies' shitposts are bloating Jow Forums.

Busybox/Musl distraz f0r3v3r.

Attached: 9_ErbOeX.png (512x512, 74K)

Do you suckless faggots actually aware that people make fun of you? It may be hard to swallow but literally nobody gives a fuck about binary sizes. No one. Of course, they care about performance but nobody in the world care about your precious 8k memory size limitation.

you might have had a point there if I didn't have to filter about 6 different shilling threads just today
Jow Forums - Consumer Whores

Attached: 1500219598045.png (240x286, 122K)

You have to understand, after sandy bridge and IBM thinkpads started failing, retards on Jow Forums started turning to older and older (and cheaper!) computers.
Inspired by Terry Davis, they autistically took his liking Commodore 64 machines seriously and bought them en masse.

how is musl connected to suckless?

Attached: 05b65-richard_stallman_by_anders_brenna_01.jpg (1600x1067, 162K)

fpbp

harmful.cat-v.org/software/

how is cat-v connected to suckless or musl?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-26 sucks suckless org software that sucks less.png (634x149, 9K)

suckless.org/sucks/
suckless.org/rocks/
it isn't suckless?

So you are telling me suckless is connected to uClibc, tcc, zlib, libressl, termbox, mpv or ffmeg as well? I don't think I get it. Do they share the developers, patches and work, have meeting together and so on? I don't see the connection.

>trolling Jow Forums
not very successfully even

>he thinks that we were referring to suckless ACTUALLY making/contributing to those programs
what is suckless? ask yourself this, please.

Attached: pepe232wqdqwwd.jpg (250x241, 7K)

group of about 10 guys

Attached: slcon2017-s.png (600x450, 160K)

>shit ton of edge case handling is bloat
Welp I better start getting used to sub optimal performance and random obscure problems, that's the price I gotta pay for using sub-minimal software.

Suckless shills musl over glibc.

>random obscure problems

What do you think edge case handling is there to mitigate, brainiac?

>muh bloaaaaat
It's not hard to make a connection.

What about features and performance?

it lacks some very important functions such as memfrob and strfry

>why
Pajeets at Panasonic use binary blobs compiled against glibc for their printer drivers.

I would LOVE to completely switch to MUSL.

>If you're gonna bite the musl meme use Alpine
Void has dkms

>he uses proprietary software

We're... Shilling? For a free open source c library? Does the word "shill" mean nothing anymore?

I don't care about "free" software, only for open source one.

autism

someone dynamically links libc into driver???

I can write a static hello in under 60 bytes with asm if it’s that important.

Panasonic does. Check out mccgdi.

Open is weaker than Free
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

>it's 2018 and glibc STILL has NO SUPPORT for static linking...

Attached: 78857914.jpg (800x532, 51K)

>FSF
>Shilling for "free" software
Who would have guessed.