Daily standup

>daily standup
>pair programming (just leave me the fuck alone)
>reviewing shit code
>changing frameworks every other day
>meetings
>autistic, soulless coworkers
>being a tiny tiny part in a large project
>either be stuck here forever or climb the ladder and do boring management shit which is even worse

I hate being a software developer. This career is the path to depression.

Attached: i648gmqsk74y[1].png (645x1260, 440K)

Funny how the chans work. Swear to god all the advice on here and Jow Forums used to be "do software engineering/CompSci, get a high paying job, everything will be great". Now it's all threads like this. Clearly the people making those threads had no industry experience.

t. Systems Engineer who watches stand-ups from the other side of the office and thanks the baby jeebus that he can do whatever the fuck he wants because no-one understands what he does anyway.

Sounds good. What exactly are you supposed to do, what do you do in reality and how did you get there?

It's just your company/boss user.

t.data engineer that doesn't have standups. Sits around watching YouTube all day and babysitting the Hapoop cluster

pair programming is fun, especially, when both of you are drunk

Attached: 1494655809091.jpg (500x500, 153K)

>d-dude... hey... hheheheh hey ahhahha...
>wh... what
>int i = i; AAAAAHHHHGHHAAAAHAHA
>pffft hhaahHHHAHAAAAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 200235641-002-612x612.jpg (612x507, 47K)

>daily standup
Better than shit being decided behind your back and being told to do X with no justification. It's over quickly, you don't have to talk through it and don't have to talk much at all during it, and it gives you an excuse to not start working properly and slack off in the morning. If you just want to be told what to do, become a programmer, not a dev.
>pair programming
Comfy and fun.
>reviewing shit code
Style guides exist and my coworkers adhere to ours.
Don't work at a startup.
>meetings
Just bring your laptop to "take notes" and then either do just that, or do your work, or shitpost here.
>autistic, soulless coworkers
Don't work at a big corp.
>being a tiny tiny part in a large project
You're a tiny, insignificant part of the world, and any worthwhile project is too big for one """"man"""" (I am using the term loosely, considering your autistic gripes with minor everyday challenges).
>either be stuck here forever or climb the ladder and do boring management shit which is even worse
Is there any pleasing you? Just fucking kill yourself if you're going to whine no matter what.

I love being a software developer.

Man this hits home, I've been brought into a project that's been ongoing for the past 2 years (I've been working on it for 6 months now). We still don't have a stable technology stack. Just the other month we had to jettison 4 months worth of work because someone decided to replace a key technology with something else. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Why are upper management so fucking useless?

>So I told Duncan to return 0 and he actually did it the absolute madman HAHAHAHA

>Duncan
Fucking Mac users I swear

based on all the buzzwords you're using you're probably getting a healthy paycheck just smile nod and cash your check user

I'd rather have a job with meaning, purpose and that fulfills me

hahahahahaha

Attached: lmao2.gif (450x337, 1.73M)

Stop wagecucking

> dude watch this
return ofTheJedi;

Did that once at uni, the code worked at the end so we went out for more drinking, the week after we had to review the code with some professor. It worked so the guy couldn't complain but his face was priceless.

>job with meaning
? You won't find that with a job you fucking pleb.

Could not agree more. It is so overpowering how massively fucked up the system is

What do you actually do and how do I into systems programming

>daily standup
What's wrong with that? Are you just not funny?

> th-th-this is programming bro
char mander;

Attached: 1477101485683.png (500x633, 413K)

holy fucking shit

Attached: 2056641388.jpg (500x334, 107K)

kek

i just want to die