I saved 900$ and I need suggestions (in comments)

I saved 900$ and I need suggestions (in comments)
Yes I am 19

Attached: superme.me.jpg (460x249, 91K)

>19 years old
>still playing video games

lmao

Forget about laptops for playing games. No matter the brand those things lasts about 1.5 years and then on top of becoming slowly obsolete, they wear out too fast. They are not worth the money.
Just take a desktop PC, with 900$ you can get a desktop at least 30% more powerful than a laptop counterpart.
This if mobility isn't your concern.

>Having a healthy way to let off steam during stressful moments, i.e. not getting black out drunk

I'd say that's pretty smrat. And OP don't get a gaming laptop. They are not portable at that price point and get hot/loud while getting assblasted by desktops. Think about a desktop/$150 laptop combo. Laptop is only worth if you don't have a monitor imo.

I am not sure there is even a $900 laptop marketed as gaming. Get a decent display and upgrade your rig (if you have one), otherwise budget is not nearly enough.

Thinkpad t4xx

Don't bother with a gaming laptop if you can't spend 2000 - 2500 on it. Your better bet would be to build a desktop with that 900 and take notes with a pen and paper. This is, of course, if games are your priority. If not, you can get a really nice work laptop for that money and take notes using it, have a long battery life.

900 is not enough for a gaymen laptop.
Make a 900 dollar gaming desktop. Do you need to carry games around with you? Nah. Just buy a used laptop.

Step 1: Buy laptop
Step 2: Install gentoo
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Profit

>gaming
>laptop
Choose one.

It's totally possible, just be prepared to spend $3000 for one that can actually play games.

Serious answer, with $100 more you can get Acer Helios 300

Oh boy, a laptop that can play most games on low settings.

Nice 1050 you have there.

Just get a chromebook or a used thinkpad for school. Spend the rest of your money on an actual gaming rig if you don’t have one already.

No, spend all the money on the rig and take notes with paper. Your method will satisfy none of his requirements. The school laptop will be shit and the rig will be shit.

I managed to find a Quanta nl5a with a 1070 for $1000, good luck on that. Basically don't listen to the haters on here who don't realize that this gen of laptop gpus are no longer cut down versions and are the same as desktop just with less cooling due to size constraints.

You should be able to find a dell with school discounts with a 1060 rather easily. Although a 1070 is 50% faster and the 1080 is 15-20% than that

Invest it and enjoy the results of compound interest in a decade. It works even better since you're still so young.

>compound interest on $900
really nigga
really

It's a good start. Better than most people have.

It's 1060

Well if OP targets actual good games he could get an e485 thinkpad and play with integrated GPU. But if he's a normie it won't do. Though I've seen some poorfags claiming their 94C housefire machines execute GTA V flawlesssly with 20 fps and it's totally fine, so unless OP elaborates on his goal it's hard to pick something for him.

>gayming is more healthy than sex
lmao

The real secret is you want a fairly lightweight laptop that can handle your basic note taking needs. You have to remember you will be lugging it around all day and "Gaming laptops" are a pain. Just get a cheap laptop and save the rest for a desktop/beer money.

Attached: 1518780691619.jpg (250x246, 9K)

When was the last time you got AIDS from gaming?

I keep trying to find this particular scene. What episode is it?

>i.e. not getting black out drunk
>muh black and white
Retard faggot

Buy stocks. All in visa or mastercard. You choose. Come back in 6 months

>AIDS
stop being a faggot.

>In comments
>Literally everything about that pic
>Literally everything about that post.
Unironically snap.

Attached: image.jpg (1078x775, 476K)

Don't waste your money on a gaming laptop. Get a cheap used ThinkPad or latitude and use the rest on a gaming desktop if you really need games.

lol just kys it's cheaper

Get an HP envy with a Ryzen cpu or thinkpad E-series with a Ryzen. You'll get a nice efficient mobile processor but a good enough APU (double the performance of Intel's) for a fair price. You can play games at medium settings and still have a respectable laptop without a cringy 19 yr old gamer aesthetic.
The posters here are right. Don't waste your college time gaming. Get involved with clubs and socialize. Make friends, meet girls, and get good grades and an education. The Ryzen is a good all rounder CPU for that purpose. The only downside for them is there is a lack of selection of good laptops with them right now. So read some reviews and select one that fits your budget and needs.

Attached: linus_fanbase.jpg (812x621, 79K)