Not running *BSD

>not running *BSD

What's your excuse?

Attached: 1402841014840.jpg (387x397, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/hosting.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPort_Extreme#Overview
undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20180712084645
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tried that garbage. Maybe you can fool me with some other cruel meme.

Attached: 1532359600861.gif (342x342, 777K)

FreeBSD is too strict in adhering to the UEFI standard. Can't get it to boot on my B85 ASRock motherboard. It could work if I manually added the boot entries to my board's firmware, but fuck that.

Convince us to use it.

I don't use out of spite. BSD cunts are insufferable, and your thread only strengthens that fact.

I am running the best bsd.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 1.58.44 PM.png (1280x800, 792K)

>Shilling BSD
>Not realize that unless you are running MacOS, 90% of your software comes from loonix anyway.

it is summer already?

Attached: santashelper.jpg (720x540, 22K)

Even less put together than linux for everyday usage. FreeBSD probably is the furthest ahead in this respect since it has decent linux emuation and proprietary nvidia drivers, so its the only BSD with vulkan right now, although the devs don't put much effort into laptops.

I'm using gentoo but I do have a chinkpad running openbsd

Laptop: No support for my Skylake IGP or S2R at the time.

Server: Ancient package versions for what I wanted to do. Not sure anymore what it was exactly, I think Grafana was still v1.x on FreeBSD but v2 on Linux.

I'd love to run it though, although the difference with Linux is quite big. And I need Linux for work, so I'm going for Slack in the coming days.

Shhh.... not many people realize that they are not shilling BSD, but gnu/BSD. All the gnu compliant software works, but don't tell anyone, they need to be stupid for the greater good.

Please avoid software that doesn't protect your freedoms, user (i. e., non-copyleft software).

Even RMS used FreeBSD at one point

stallman.org/hosting.html
>I decided for ethical reasons that the site had to be running a free software operating system, and that it must not put any ads onto my pages. I was prepared to pay for the service, but preferred to avoid the expense if possible. A friend was in a position to sponsor my usage of the site that his company used. That site runs FreeBSD, which is a free system. So I chose that site.

I doubt anyone in the history of computing has ever got any device running any flavour of BSD to successfully connect to a wifi access point.

Apple uses BSD on their wifi access points
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPort_Extreme#Overview

t. faggot who never used any *BSD and just spouts FUD

undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20180712084645

That was pretty easy to do, actually.

I am a christian

Couldn't get my Wifi card working. I really did try pretty hard.

Couldn't find great documentation outside some shady forums on BSD

What BSD were you using?

What about the FreeBSD handbook or OpenBSD's man pages?

ifconfig run0 nwid nigger wpa wpakey you_nigger
dhclient run0

was it too difficult for you?

Attached: brainlet-bottomless-pit.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>What BSD were you using?
FreeBSD.

There's your mistake

What should I have used? I thought FreeBSD had the widest driver support of the BSDs.

just spent the day setting up a bsd nextcloud machine, couldn't get the damn thing to work, spent hours reading shit on the web only to find out i had an extra slash in one of the config files.
also tried to connect it to my domain only to find out the registrar flagged me as suspicious and froze my shit.
good times, rate koment and subskrieb.

Attached: 1341705097705.gif (350x263, 2.79M)

Not for wifi drivers

FreeBSD for servers. Linux for geek cred workstations that you switch distros every two months. MacOS for getting shit done. Windows for getting shit done when you have a bearded IT department.

Surely, you aren't trying to tell me that OpenBSD or NetBSD has better Wifi support?

nostalgia wallpaper can't undo flatness

Attached: pancakes.jpg (296x170, 5K)

Because I like it when my OS has software.

I'm running NetBSD on a separate machine. It's alright.

this!

for me i have FreeBSD running my personal server, my daily driver is macOS high sierra, and my for-fun laptop is Fedora as of Monday

OpenBSD does I'm pretty certain honestly

openBSD is a meme.
blah blah something about TRIM and >muh no packages

uh no? the software is free as in freedom and mostly portable.

i do not run a server

But I am running.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 20.52.13.png (1366x768, 1.38M)

>daily driver
>for-fun laptop
kys

can it run vidya

Change the scaling on your display for more room mate. You'll appreciate it if you do any programming work.

Because the only alternative OS besides MacOS that is worth a fuck is Ubuntu Linux and it's associated derivatives. Anything else is unsupported and is a waste of time.

Serious question: are GhostBSD and TrueOS ok for desktop?

Attached: Rise.Of.The.Teenage.Mutant.Ninja.Turtles.S01E04a.Repo.Mantis.1080p.WEBRip-HSK-RULES.mkv_snapshot_05. (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Agreed. Unless you're a gaymerfag you either choose Ubuntu or macOS depending on if Adobe programs are necessary.

that guy is dead

>ghost
You're better off with dragonfly

ghostbsd is good. avoid trueOS like the plague until they turn into a ''core OS''

Yea, but I still like the wall paper. Its better than staring at fucking mountain I'll never bother visiting.

You're consorting with daemons either way.

true patrician

GNU/Linux utilizes BSD originating software far more than BSD utilizes GNU/Linux software.

The only thing GNU that BSDs ever relied upon was GCC and that's no longer necessary.

Not running Gentoo?, what's your excuse?

>he still distro-hops
>he thinks that people only use loonix for "geek cred"

The BSDs have all open-source software. If you're looking for closed-source software, you may as well go back to Windows.

Even dragonflybsd has better support for WiFi drivers. For example support for intel 8265 which is found in many modern laptops exists in dragonfly but not Freebsd.

it's ironic the old wallpaper was actually flatter
it's like the mountains are there to compensate

Attached: The_Paps_of_Dana-01.jpg (1024x683, 431K)

I am going to try HardenedBSD on my laptop, they added support for my WiFi card this month. Maybe it will work on Freebsd after an update

opengl hasnt worked in the linux emulation for a while now and its pretty dated in general, most people opt to use wine

both are buggy and unusable

best you're gonna get is installing freebsd and setting up a desktop yourself

Gib wallpaper

doesn't support my hardware

I didn't have any issues with it. BSD's are garbage though.

>BSD cunts are insufferable
Yes, and... There is warning in the doc, read it next time, nigger.