Telegram passport meme

Thoughts on telegram passport?
telegram.org/blog/passport
>Telegram Passport – a unified authorization method for services that require personal identification. Upload your documents once, then instantly share your data with services that require real-world ID (finance, ICOs, etc.).
>Your identity documents and personal data will be stored in the Telegram cloud using End-to-End Encryption. To Telegram, this data is just random gibberish, and we have no access to the information you store in your Telegram Passport. When you share data, it goes directly to the recipient.
>If you'd like to see a real-life implementation of Telegram Passport, head over to ePayments.com – the first electronic payments system to support registration and verification with Telegram Passport.

Attached: d1f56e2153ed093776.jpg (1200x696, 128K)

What the hell

Will end same way as Bitcoin. Govs will ban or heavily regulate it, nobody beside bunch of people will accept it, everyone will start copying it, dreams of globalization will just remain dreams.

Botnet evolved

Seems interesting. They mention it moving to a decentralized cloud soon. Does this mean it'll operate like a blockchain?

I knew I couldn't trust this fuck Durov.

pretty sexy to be frank. will watch out for it.

Sounds like the just used a bunch of buzzwords to attract the numales.

How's telegram different from signal?

Signal is trustworthy and uses proper encryption.
Both require SIM cards so both are useless and outdated.
Wire and Riot.im are better.

>I knew I couldn't trust this fuck Durov.
This.

>trustworthy
>proper
Wow, thanks for the objective analysis!

Their idea seems cool, ignore the fags who are pissed normies won't use their signal wire or fucking XMPP servers kek

Told you about Durov. Don't trust the encryption in this thing.

To put it in terms you understand: Telegram is botnet.

Telegram may be botnet but it uses proper encryption. Prove me wrong and claim your 200k$.

Explain

>botnet but it uses proper encryption
So it's irrelevant

Unno about signal but I use telegram with a VoIP number. I know cancer line requires a proper mobile number.

Telegram itself is proprietary shit by the "creator" of Russian Facebook and got major promotions by Russian state media.

What do you think I would think about this other "privacy" solutions?

>conveniently ignores that the Russian government banned the app for refusing to hand over encryption keys
You're either a schizo, misinformed, or a hypocrite

>VoIP number
This is just as shit

Slightly less shit. I use my own matrix server for most chats.

>conveniently ignores that the Russian government banned the app for refusing to hand over encryption keys
I don't think you are Russian, because then you would have known that:
1. Federal channels boasted how secure it is and how FSB can't hack it
2. Federal channels told people how easy it is to circumvent the block with VPN and what not
3. It was NEVER ACTUALLY BLOCKED even in Russia.
So either everyone involved is extremely incompetent or they just got an amazing fucking PR stunt after which people around the world started using it and Durov became a lot wealthier.

Oh, and as a bonus I'd like to remind people that Putin is pretty jealous of "Great Chinese Firewall" and wants to implement similar system in Russia (this might explain the blocking of half the internet when they "tried to block Telegram") and this Telegram Passport looks like an attempt to turn Telegram in Russia into Wechat in China, where you have all your data in the messenger and you can use it for all the payments and what not.

Totally secure, goy. Use our closed source botnet (once again, that guy cloned Facebook in Russia) and trust us. All for your benefit.

Pavel, pls

Have you even read the story behind Telegram's founding? Durov hates the Russian government with a passion and lives on small islands across the world, like a drifter. You're spewing a bunch of bullshit (and I say that the nicest way possible). How does Durov make money off of Telegram? It isn't commercialized, doesn't have ads or premium features, and had a large amount of early funding by the Digital Fortress fund. It's a not-for-profit service. If they received money from the Russian government somehow, or had links to them, then sure I'd buy some of your concerns. Please stop getting butthurt about an app because it isn't "Jow Forums enough" for you. You're just spreading FUD about an app for the sake of being contrarian (and yeah, I took the bait) on an anonymous site. If you honestly cared about your privacy so much, you wouldn't even be posting here without a pass. Telegram is the closest thing to an encrypted messenger normies will ever adopt in the foreseeable future. Are there more secure alternatives? Sure! Good luck getting everyone to migrate over, Telegram has widespread adoption and does pretty much everything apart from video and group calls (and I'm sure one of them will be out soon).

Also, I remember very clearly that when Telegram came out this board went fucking nuts over it. I guess it's fallen out of fashion now that normies use it.

Tl;Dr: nothing in your post addresses any points I've raised. I suppose you are a shill.

>You're just spreading FUD about an app for the sake of being contrarian
Now name 1 thing in my posts that isn't true. I'll wait.

>If you honestly cared about your privacy so much, you wouldn't even be posting here without a pass
1. Irrelevant to the post
2. I care about Russian government and not some gooks Imageboard in the US
3. You compare AIB to the closed sourced botnet that wants to have your legal documents and payment methods?

>Telegram has widespread adoption and does pretty much everything apart from video and group calls
How much is your advertising budget? It's not widespread anywhere besides Russia. It became more popular right after the "blocking by evil Russia", which, once again, never actually happened.