HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*Inhales*
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>cannibalising your own product line this badly to stay competitive

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-27-07-55-12-050_com.google.android.youtube.png (2160x1080, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

silentpcreview.com/article169-page3.html
theregister.co.uk/2018/07/26/meldown_spectre_batters_hpc/
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/07/new-spectre-attack-enables-secrets-to-be-leaked-over-a-network/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>cannibalising your own product line this badly to stay competitive

It's branding inflation.
i7 used to be top "prestigious" series, now it's a midrange CPU and all the enthusiasts will feel bad about having a shitty i7 and not a cool i9/

Given that I acquired an 8core/16 thread AMD processor for $170 and this will be nowhere near that price if not double this is a hard laugh for me.
5.00Ghz boost my ass @ 95W TDP

95w is only 8 cores at the base clock.
The 5.0ghz is only 1-2 cores at a time.

The power usage argument has always been used to favor people's bias as it suits their needs.
I don't care if it sucks 400w, if it's fast and can be cooled, it's all good.

What exactly are you laughing at? They look fine to me.

>""""""95W""""""
fucking lmao

I bet that the 5ghz boost is not continuous, but in burst, and limited to one or two cores.
No consumer cooler could handle 5ghz all cores.

Ps:$999,99+specific top of the line mobo only

I'll see what prices / performance these have when the benchmarks come out.

t. Non-fanboy with no plans to upgrade. Also owner of a 1950X.

You're also gonna pay more for that i7 than you're paying for the current i7, goy.

Of course it boosts up 5ghz only on 1-2 cores. So then it's possible the other leaks are true about 4.7ghz on all cores.

Don't forget that i9 can only work with the expensive Chipset, goy.

They can afford to loose money for some years just to make amd go bankrupt

4.7ghz all cores? In what scenario? 25c ambient+240 AIO only+fans full throttle

looks like ryzen 9 3900 with 16 cores will be a thing

Until it starts throttling. Procs are soldered now so it could be ok without absurd cooling solutions. Of course that assumes you shell out for the top tier Z390 motherboards to support that shiny new i9.

The total cost of a i9+mobo combo will make the epyc combo even more reasonable for the people that really need cores. But the i9 Will sell a lot for the "enthusiat" gaymen/streamer market, just for the status symbol alone. Intel now have the same sheep kind of following that Apple have.

>16 PCIe lanes
>Dual channel memory
>"""95W""" TDP
I don't think it's cannibalising the server market, perhaps the highend desktop line in power, but again not in IO.

BASED INTEL
AMDPOO DEAD AND GONE

>16 PCIe

WHY

>95w is only 8 cores at the base clock.
Intel actually matching their TDP numbers in real world power usage... kek
Yeah and my 8-core Ryzen has a 65W TDP and I can OC it reliably [ALL core] to a base of 3.7 at 95W TDP
> The 5.0ghz is only 1-2 cores at a time.
Not interested. Sound like a memory stall nightmare
> The power usage argument has always been used to favor people's bias as it suits their needs.
Given that I have a kikeripper that burns 250Watts at its current clock, I am not one such person.
> I don't care if it sucks 400w, if it's fast and can be cooled, it's all good.
Fucking neet that lives with his mum.

aka a fucking gimmick.
> Also owner of a 1950X.
My dude. Fellow owner myself
I have been an intel builder for a while. However, when Ryzen came out, they got dropped. Far better value and in a number of cases better performance and features

is the i3 getting dropped or relegated to Pentium duty?

> 16 PCIe lanes
These niggers will never learn.. hahahaha

Does an extra 4mb of L3 cache really make any difference?

>16 lanes
O I am laffin

16 lanes? What do you need 8 lanes for? Help police! This goy is trying to kill me over 4 lanes!

>gives more cores
>still only 16 lanes
>cpu to chipset is still 1 pcie lane
>a massive bottleneck fest this will be

intel 2018

16pcie lanes for my gpu, I didn’t need that msata ssd anyway. t-Thanks Intel

Is it backwards compatible with the 1151 socket?

>a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear!

No, why would you want that?
FUCK YOU

>TDP 95w
Seems like Intel has misplaced a digit in the hundreds column

still gonna rape poozen in everything;)

you seem to misunderstand how CPU's work

When it says 16 pcie lanes does that mean you can attach 16 different things to it?

good boys change socket every year user :^)

I don't. I most definitely don't for Intel CPUs :

1) Misconception 1: TDP represents max power rating
From the Intel Datasheets:
“The TDP numbers are not indicative of the maximum power the processor can dissipate under worst case conditions.”
Intel is listing TDP numbers that are significantly lower than the actual maximum power draw of their CPUs. They are then relying on the fact that most applications barely use the CPU, assuming that it will remain idle most of the time.
silentpcreview.com/article169-page3.html

2) Misconception 2: Turbo-boost over-clocking is captured within the heat profile of TDP rating.
From Techreport on SB: The Turbo algorithm does something that may seem a little counterintuitive at first, allowing the CPU to ramp beyond its maximum TDP... taking advantage of the lag between when a relatively cool idle chip begins to warm up its environment.... the chip opportunistically pushes beyond its rated thermal peak by running at higher-than-usual frequencies within its Turbo Boost range. Once the surrounding system has warmed up or enough time has passed (the algorithm is complex, and Intel hasn't shared all of the details with us), the chip will drop back to operating within its TDP max... Turbo Boost algorithm incorporates not just the CPU cores but the IGP, as well; it can raise the operating frequency of the graphics processor when the CPU cores aren't at full utilization.

My Ryzen processors stick to their TDPs

do you just learn everything from news articles or are you just retarded? oh wait

Given that i've personally been building and OC'ing intel and AMD machines for well over a decade, I'd have to say its through personal experience and knowledge. Of course, when speaking to a brainlet like you, it helps to cite Intel's own data sheets. I dumped intel processors from consideration when Ryzen came out because its a better platform. That hasn't changed and its idiotic launches like this, gimmicks, PCIe lane gimping, security flaws, and outright lies that continue to solidify my choice...
Faggot

I still own a number of intel systems because at the time I bought/built them, they were the best processors

>95W
Impressive if they get good performance. If intel wasn't absolute trash I'd buy this. But I'll stick with AMD.

so you openly admit to being a know-nothing consumerist riding the latest trend, as you always have
seems I was correct all along

Attached: 4059.jpg (385x382, 12K)

theregister.co.uk/2018/07/26/meldown_spectre_batters_hpc/

Inlel are finished

>((((((((((((((95 watts))))))))))))

Attached: 1445873750669.jpg (250x250, 15K)

PCI-E LANES DON'T MATTER

I bet that the next line up, after this series, won't even have AVX2 due to the exploits that are starting to use it to leak data, even over a fucking network.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/07/new-spectre-attack-enables-secrets-to-be-leaked-over-a-network/

>The second measurement is novel and doesn't use the cache at all. Instead, it relies on the behavior of the AVX2 vector instruction set on Intel processors. [...] For this AVX2 side channel, the leak gadget is a fragment of code that speculatively uses an AVX2 instruction. The transmit gadget is a fragment of code that always uses an AVX2 instruction. If the processor speculates that AVX2 is needed then it'll start powering up the AVX2 units; this will make the subsequent transmit gadget run quickly. If, however, the processor speculates that the AVX2 code won't be used, the transmit gadget will take longer. These small performance differences are large enough to be measured over a network.

Where were you when Intel was literally kill in all fronts?

delid dis

>cool i9
But that's an oxymoron

>They look fine to me
>MOAR COARZ
>MOAR NIGGAHURTZ

Attached: 1461226259654.gif (206x176, 370K)

>if not double
Triple maybe

> tfw the i7 is priced higher than Ryzen 7
> 8c/8t
> tfw the i9 is priced in Threadripper territory
> 8c/16t

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG INTEL!

the i3 is fine, 4c/4t, will probably get a clock speed bump.

Everything 9xxx and HEDT is DoA since Threadripper 2 is a thing

Attached: unnamed.gif (491x300, 2.57M)

16 PCIe lanes
in 2019

Wow

shut up goy

Attached: 1494420017221.jpg (200x300, 15K)

These chips are pointless and a waste.

>AMDrones working double shill duty because they're going to get destroyed again and Ryzen 2 is nothing more but a wasted launch

>lga1151 (v2)

Wait

Attached: 1521676938108.jpg (400x304, 54K)

>to stay competitive
Intel isn't in any danger in the market that matters.

9900K is going to be memory bandwidth starved. Dual-channel DDR4 doesn't cut it for workloads that actually need eight cores. I suspect it is part of the reasony why 9700K doesn't have HT. I also suspect that 9700K is going to be 95% of the 9900K in overwhelming majority of workloads again due to memory bandwidth issues.

9600K = rebranded 8600K

The i7 and i5 can be used with the same LGA 1151 board, assuming your mobo manufacturer does a bios update

The i9 is different and requires the new Z390 board

They'll probably have to sell at a loss to match AMD. Intel has to develop a good interconnect and fast or they're done for

Intel will never price themselves low

At best they'll keep the i9 below 400 dollarydoos and that's a stretch

It is what Socket 1151 for 3xx boards should have called from the start.

Attached: leff pez.png (285x285, 49K)

7nm when already? CHADMD needs to deliver the finishing blow

Attached: 1527000909230.png (512x433, 41K)

8/16 CPU that overclocks to 5.5Ghz with soldered IHS and actual AVX512 support, the 9900K is going to be a beast. AMDrones seething.

> Only in Suicide Run with LN2/Phase-Cooling + Water pump

delid dis thread

Attached: 1499963016439.jpg (691x771, 112K)

>16 PCIe lanes

Attached: 1530708699933.png (800x554, 132K)

>so you openly admit to being a know-nothing consumerist riding the latest trend, as you always have
How is this an insult?
A common term in tech is "latest and greatest". Nothing wrong with following the latest trend in tech.

bugman

>i9 9900K
>16 PCIe Lanes
>price: probably $3000
intel on suicide watch

Attached: delet dis.png (1749x339, 72K)

NO THIS WAS OUR YEAR AMDBROS

>lga1151(v2)
What? No new socket? This must surely be fake news.

Attached: 2.jpg (300x169, 29K)

>95W

OH NO NO NO NO HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>i9
>Memory channels: dual channel
are they ever trying anymore?

Attached: tb,1200x1200,small.2.jpg (831x1200, 58K)

Anyone who buys this instead of waiting for a Zen 2 is a fool and supporting a greedy corporation with a horrible anti-consumer track record.

I just wish AMD or anybody would do the same to nVidia.

I openly admit I have a CE degree and am more than qualified both in formal education, my formal career, and in my ten years of building desktop computers in which I go towards a company with the best offerings and best value. Meanwhile you're a jackass making comments that defy logic, facts, and intel's own data sheet publications.

You are correct. However, I'm not the dumbass in the conversation. (YOU) are. Why do brainlets always resort to personal attacks w/ no basis when they're defeat? wait.. nevermind because they're brainlets who can't form arguments.

Intel is a complete write-off until they get their shit together and lower prices.
LOL
8 core priced in threadripper territory. The absolute state of Intel
> 16 pcie lanes (shintel)
> 64 pcie lane kikeripper

Agreed. This is how big tech giants fail and shrink down to reality.
Welcome to provide sound arguments and facts against the tide of substantial negatives

>kikeripper
mah nigga

Attached: oy vey the goyim know.png (782x782, 627K)

SO THIS... IS THE POWER OF INTELEL
INTELEL FINALLY FUCKING FINISHED
(((THEY))) WILL NEVER RECOVER
INTELELFAGS BURIED AND DEAD

intel is finished

Attached: 1489100922662.png (882x758, 246K)

Famous last words of a tech giant
>> Dual-channel DDR4 doesn't cut it for workloads that actually need eight cores
Top fucking kek. Sorry jackass, you're wrong

>16PCI-E lanes
>95 watt

I don't think so tim.jpg

People are really talking like AMD got back on track.

But it feels like the mirror is actually true: Intel lost so many chances to remain ahead. It's the Pentium 4 era all over again. AMD just had to not fuck up completely a single generation.

So it's not like AMD is doing great, they just started doing their homework. Maybe in two generations they can make a good leap like Intel did from the Core 2 to the first gen of Core iX...

Nah, intel is launching the very same CPUs they were succesful with in the past, using the same socket change a year move for years, and only increasing core count after Ryzen showed up. Intel isn't fucking up, AMD unlocked infinity fabric and are making bank with that while Intel stagnates.

I wonder if Intel will be able to recover once 10nm will come out or it will be AMD staying ahead with new releases.

Attached: btfo.jpg (1280x530, 158K)

Attached: 1352402985280.jpg (300x295, 31K)

Well, I talked more about the pure "computational progress" aspect rather than the business. As in, their choices are quite suboptimal regarding increasing the computational power of their offerings.

It's quite a given that Intel didn't "need" to advance after making AMD eat dust with the Core iX while AMD derped hard after the Phenom II, as they are capitalists.

They fucked up progressively in a scientific sense.

Kek

>I can overclock to 3.7
Wow nice one, I remember I had the first i7 core generation I used to clock 4ghz.
Stay slow amd

Well, I've waited this long... Looks like I'm not missing out on anything. Ryzen2 will be my next build by the looks.
>t. 2600k owner

>i9 below 400

Lmao.Not even in dreamland pal.

16 FUCKING PCI-E LANES. FUCKING WHY

When will we finally have an i11?

>his branding doesn't go up to 11

Attached: 1500544851892.png (181x201, 67K)