/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

>ctrl+f
>no sqt

lolwut?

Attached: 1529984402487.jpg (640x977, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prrcomputers.com/blog/activate-windows-10-telephone/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
ebay.com/itm/Hp-Gaming-Computer-Nvidia-GT1030-Windows-10-QC-i5-3-1Ghz-8Gb-500Gb-WiFi-HDMI-4k/183342373264
youtube.com/watch?v=1CazEXejPCU
oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-2-1-build-25302
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

also, anyone mind helping me with this ?

I have some spare laptop SODIMMs, am I going to regret putting them in my desktop?

What is generally considered better practice when writing bash functions: Passing arguments as $1, $2, ... or just using global variables?

whats Jow Forumss approved music program

Is there any online or desktop solution to store files with added metadata? for example to add keywords and own description to each file, and search in that metadata? (for data hoarding)

Also I remember there was an ftp site, with ions worth of ebooks and more in mainly programming topics, but I cant find it.

WHY DOES EVERY IMAGE ON Jow Forums TAKE A MINUTE TO LOAD WHEN EXPANDED?
IT IS ONLY ON Jow Forums, NO WHERE ELSE.

Is Scrum a methodology or a framework? Google has mixed answers, forums/articles says framework, Wikipedia says methodology.

What software should I use to encrypt a disk on my PC? I know there was a famous one that got compromised some time ago.

osu lazer can run on Linux with mono, no need to develop your own version

Got hold of a dell optiplex 7020 from a mates work. It has windows 7 still got passwords on it. Does that old magnify command prompt trick to remove the password still work?

Written in c# hahahaha wincucked again

Welcome to the dark timeline of is*.Jow Forums.org

using globals is always degenerate

buzzwords are whatever you want them to be my fellow devops ninja

Ncmpcpp

How much should i pay for a Macboor Air A1465?

Would using 50% concentrated isopropyl alcohol to remove thermal paste be a bad idea?

Will it work? yes.
Is it a good idea/the same than 90%+?
No because its 40% water, which is what people avoid while cleaning electronics.

So I have a file.AppImage saved to my root, I did a thing to make it executable but when I'm so goddamn new at Linux, what do I tell Ranger to open it with? Running Debian and I think after I get used to it I'll switch to Arch so I don't have to do weird workarounds for newest versions. LMMS 1.3.1 is the newest in the Debian repo and it sucks compared to 1.2.

Attached: halp.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

getting some awful throttling from an open directory i'm downloading via wget is there anyway to speed this up? it's just a bunch of pdfs

bought key for win 10 pro on kinguin (with security), says key invalid, notice it says use phone to activate, cant find where i call

halp

yes, i know i am an idiot

I'm trying to make a vector library but the rotations are fucking me up. say i have a vector at (2, 2), it's heading is pi/4 rad. If I change the heading to pi/2 rad, it should be at (0, 2) but instead I get (1.7319121124709868e-16, 2.8284271247461903). My question is, how should I handle the rounding error?

You are an idiot first for not pirating windows.
prrcomputers.com/blog/activate-windows-10-telephone/

Random question, does anyone know if every dns server went down all at once would .onion sites still work? I'm pretty sure they would but I'm just now beginning to familiarize myself with the dark web and tor.

Also should I move it to my user? It's a digital audio workstation and I'm hoping to get it set up with JACKd, I managed to get the older version working with ALSA but one issue at a time. I'd actually be okay with a latency sacrifice to be able to use the new version if I can't manage to get it set up. Like I said, I'm hella new at this I installed Debian from .iso like three days ago after failing the Arch install test.

I have a GTX 970 that I've had since 2015. I wanted to upgrade earlier this year but GPU prices have been stupid. Lots of the AMD cards have been affordable but basically the same power as what I have now. I'm not sure if Vega is a meme or not.

Is this the year to actually upgrade or will it still be a shitshow. I mean the 11XX series cards.

first time i did that with xp it kept fucking with me

11*5's are coming out next month

You just run MSToolkit once which you download from a safe source (Like Mydigitalife forums).
Done, its activated permanently, its not hard.

Yes they would.

You could always just upgrade to the 10xx series after 11 comes out. When 11 first comes out its prices will probably start bad then get worse.

Vega is not exactly a meme but its not worth it at those prices.
If you have a GPU right now just wait for the 1100 series.

>Why not a 1000 series GPU or Vega
Because the upgrade is too expensive to be worth it.

Thanks!

Probably been asked a million times but

What is the active directory equivalent on linux? I see LDAP but does it have all the same functions? Users/groups/permissions/etc for the whole domain?

Attached: e63be8084efcfa91af34e4809fcf8217.jpg (640x426, 68K)

samba ad

Is the human mind an algorithm?

thanks fren

Attached: download(2).png (600x400, 124K)

If a CPU has a base speed of 1.9GHz and a turbo boost speed of 4.2GHz, assuming that there is ideal thermal conditions, the CPU should preform ~4.2GHz in performance under a heavy work load correct?

>Like Mydigitalife forums

do i for some reason have to reinstall windows from scratch again or can i just use this now?

if(hurts)
{
dont();
}
else
{
do();
}

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

You just download it, click the windows icon, activation, EZ-Activate.
Done.

Is it possible for malicious code to be executed in a .log file? Wondering because of those malicious spambots trying to embed js into IRC clients.

Attached: DhZ5EpoW4AAiOjp.jpg orig.jpg (3541x3542, 1.41M)

Just reinstall windows

Possible? yes.
Likely? no.

If its stock W7 yes.
If it was updated no.

Still just reinstall windows.

How would it actually execute? Would you need to open it and run it like an exe?

wtf is this magic, doews it actually operate like windows too? updates and all. i wont get an annoying star that never goes away saying your copy of windows isnt legitimate?

Can NTFS not be expanded "backwards", or is it just the windows disk manager's asperger's acting up? I know I should just live boot into parted or whatever but I'm lazy

I'm using python to just read a text file and count how many words have been seen i.e. frequency and I'm storing those values in a table via sqlite3. Pic related is the table and the only transactions. Without any interactions with with the database the program runs through a million words in barely over a minute. With the transactions it can't even finish, even after an hour, just completely refuses to finish.

What am I fucking up?

Attached: Capture.png (1437x230, 52K)

Depends in the exploit used, but you need to be running a old IRC client and stock windows 7 install for it to work for the standard ones.

It pretty much activates windows using the Microsoft KMS Activation service.
There is no difference between a normal install and a cracked install this days, even when it comes to microsoft programs related use.
Microsoft just wants people to use Windows 10, reason why they don't care if its cracked or not.

You can update, use microsoft services/accounts/ onedrive the appstore, etc normally.

well god damn, thanks user. i feel like a retard but now im a retard with a working copy of windows

Just turned on my new kindle (2k16 version) and it says i defo *have* to connect to wlan and ""register"" the device in order to use it

Is this true or can i actually skip thru this and start adding mobi's right away with the USB cable somehow?

Also how heat-resistant are these things in general? It's going to be 40 degrees celsius tomorrow and i plan on taking it with me outside

Attached: 1532484153666.png (112x112, 21K)

I wanted to see what was on it, which wasn't alot besides tools for shit. Still going to reinstall it and such though, just dont know what to do with it

You can check what is on it by using Linux in a USB and opening the HDD.

>old.reddit.com/r/kindle/comments/49s3u0/how_much_can_i_do_with_a_kindle_if_i_never/d0uhxbj/

Guy here says there's no way around this? Is this true?

Man this really sucks

Should've come as a warning on the packaging that it's an useless bricked device without an amazon account

methodology, im 90% sure

windows isnt detecting my 2nd drive tyhough it still appears in device manager.

wat

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3840x2160, 711K)

Assign a letter to it.
Open partition manager.
Right click drive.
Assign letter.

If you are using AMD Storemi then it mixed the 2 drives to work as one.
SSD will be cache then HDD will be the storage.

is this a scam?

ebay.com/itm/Hp-Gaming-Computer-Nvidia-GT1030-Windows-10-QC-i5-3-1Ghz-8Gb-500Gb-WiFi-HDMI-4k/183342373264

im stupid

im trying to get storemi to work but i keep getting this showing up. do i have to reinstall windows onto mt HDD and start from there?

Attached: storewat.png (3840x2160, 2.51M)

I did, but I wanted to go on it proper and take a gander. Speaking of linux, reckon I just dual boot? Since its only going to be sitting there and only have a couple games or something for the kids.

Could or couldn't be.
HP Office PCs have horrible problems because the PSUs used have planned obsolescence so they die fast.
Also its not saying which GT 1030 it is using so it could be the DDR4 version which is nothing like the GDDR5 version, think of it as a GT 610 when it comes to performance.

Avoid it.

Want a cheap computer? Look for a Thinkcentre M92p for $100-150 and put a low profile GT 1030-GTX 1050Ti you buy from Amazon, not from Ebay.

>hp
>gen 2 intel Core
>GT1030
Welcome to Jow Forums. That's really disgusting tho

youtube.com/watch?v=1CazEXejPCU

Fucking great now win7 won't recognize it when i plug it into the USB port

It does charge but doesn't show up at all in My Computer

Any ideas on how to fix this?

You can only use AMD StoreMI with SATA SSDs up to 256GB.

Are you using an MBR windows 10 install or GPT?

anybody having trouble closing utorrent?

i thopught it partitions larger SSDs and leaves the remainder as a virtual drive

Why are trash bags black?

I was taking out the trash today and that question popped into my mind

Yeah alright nvm it was the cable most definitely

Changed to my trusty motorola micro USB one and it recognized/pulled the drivers immediately fucking neat

When are the new gpus rolling in?

When are ddr5 ram coming?

Lool the damn thing actually only has 3,04gb storage apparently (of which 2,82 are allocated as useable by windows explorer) whereas on the packaging it's advertised as 4gb

Ah well even the biggest epubs i have rn are only around 27mb, should be alright with calibre compression

has to do with what platics theyre made out of/dyes used

if youre asking the deeper question about what causes them to appear black, id reference you to look into spectroscopy and band gap models of valence electrons.

essentially black bags have chemicals that have loose electrons which easily absorb light in the visible spectrum

help

mbr i believe according to this

Attached: mbr.png (3840x2160, 601K)

nobody?

No one wants to see week old garbage decaying in a transparent bag.

i3 noob here, whats a good setting to set my inner and outer gap at in gaps?

what is the most hipster video player that's better than VLC?

mpv

What I thought was.
Is the colour black because of the natural colour of the plastic they use for it? Is it tar?

Or is it dye? Why use dye on a trash bag and not just let it be some random ugly colours. It's a trash bag, no one gives a shit if it is pretty

Interesting stuff what you mentioned btw, are you a physicist?

>utorrent

delivery driver, due to apaty.

buit i have degrees in physics and chemical physics

its definately not tar. many plastics have metals embedded to change their properties (flexibility, strength, etc) and a by product of the plastics and/or their additives can change the appearance.

also trash bag or not, a marketing dept. will never be ok with an ugly product

>tripfag
>reddit spacing
>"btw"
get filtered

thanks, just set it up.
what about the most functioning hipster photo viewer?

osu! lazer is open source and peppy said it will run natively on linux, so all you need to do is wait. On the other side, osu! win run perfectly through wine with ThePooN wine staging's patch.

sick answer bro, upboated

You might want to convert to GPT if it doesnt let you initialize the 4TB HDD.
>Why
MBR has a 2TB limit.

pls someone help

Why would anything change? You are using uTorrent 2.2.1, right? Right??

Hold up there. So you're trying to get disk 1 to show up, not disk 0? Why do you have the properties for 0 up? And why havent you FORMATTED 1 yet?

>end process won't end the program
wat do?

oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-2-1-build-25302

Download.
Replace your shitty ad-ridden executable with god-tier pre-3.x.
Turn off update notifications since nobody gives a shit that 3.x exists.

Torrenting reached perfection in 2.2.1. 3.x was just an attempt to monetize a piece of free software by changing it to feed you ads and developing a "premium"version with antivirus and video player and other shit that doesn't belong in a fucking torrent client because you have better options for those.

Or just use a different client, grandpa.

What's a good Android app for monitoring and warning of phones cpu and battery temperature? I'm not rooted.

Attached: 1532255112845.gif (200x200, 74K)

so I just reinstalled windows onto my HDD and took it off of my SDD so I could use storemi (sasd is bigger than 256GB)

but now windows wont let me have a resolution over 1080P (it was just a 4k natively before I did this )

cheers