I'm curious what can you do on your desktop browser that you can't do on your phone?

I'm curious what can you do on your desktop browser that you can't do on your phone?
I went to my computer and everything I tried to do I realized I could just do it on my phone

Attached: 1522993690499.jpg (500x256, 18K)

View things on a screen larger than 8 inches.

how can i make this my start page?

Be comfortable.
Play "real vidya" .
Do things quickly.

If we're talking only about browser specific troubles and not phone specific troubles, then it's lack of customizability. Even firefucks lacks a lot of plugins from the desktop version.

>Be comfortable.
I'm pretty comfortable on my couch
>Play "real vidya" .
Playing computer games are the only thing you could do but I meant specifically on the browser
>Do things quickly.
Maybe one minute quickly

I just meant browser in general... Besides that everything comes with an app, I could just whip out my phone to search for something as opposed to walking to my desk

> Maybe one minute quickly
One minute is actually pretty much.

>specifically browser
View websites in landscape (because fuck huge bars at the top and bottom)
Drag elements on the webpage because dragging is for panning
Use keyboard shortcuts

Yeah, that's what phones are about: not really comfortable but useful when away from the real computer.

Have much more information visible simultaneously, both in windows open and screen estate
Wider range of extensions available for desktop browser platforms, enhancing the above point
Type accurately and much faster
Browse more comfortably for a longer period of time
Pretty much universally faster render times

You can do it on the phone, but it's just a less optimal experience. I browse on the phone all the time when I'm not by my desk, but I don't actively seek the activity. It's a very good compromise, but it's still a blatant compromise.

Work.

Here's a better question
What can you do on the phone that you can't do on the computer?
Every time I try to use my phone, I just end up using my computer because it's faster and I can do a lot more

I'm talking about the browser, if I'm searching for something, why go to the computer? Just search on my phone... Or anything from it... Why go on Jow Forums website when I can just use the clover app

Use it on an operating system that respects my freedoms

See websites in a non shit layout with oversized images and other site parts.
Use mouse interactions on things like sliders which are an absolute pain on phones.
Not misclick links.
Not accidentally click something while swiping.

I could suck my own dick while sitting on the couch but I sure as fuck won't be comfortable.

I've never had those problems

So you're more comfortable sucking dick on a desk?

>I'm talking about the browser, if I'm searching for something, why go to the computer?

1) Bigger monitor
2) Use a real keyboard

Is that a boomer thing?

2/10

I'm more comfortable sucking your mothers dick in her bed

>I like big words to see

Attached: i_smart_anon_i_point_out_plot_hole.png (798x490, 95K)

Then you're not even using a mobile browser or haven't used it for anything other than a quick web search or YouTube.

2nd'd.

Autocorrect is largely braindead. I have already read the article I want on a real computer before I even get the search results on a phone.

Don't get me wrong. Flat-screen phones with virtual keyboards are a beautiful thing, but they are not as good at keyboard entry, especially if you want to use words or jargon that are not part of made-for-normies autocorrect.

Besides quick web searches (YouTube has an app) what is a browser on the desktop for?

Yeah keep damaging your eyes with tiny fuck all screens until you millennial dipshits all look like half asian half spic abominations

>you won't have eagle eyes like mine!

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

>I want to be blind at 35
Maybe if you made smarter life decisions you wouldn't have to worry about the government paying for your healthcare

His point was that sucking your own dick is never comfortable, no matter where you are, just like using a phone is never comfortable. Stupid.

I'm pretty comfortable right now

I often visit gsmarena, devicespecifications, passmark, userbench, and several other sites which are absolute trash on mobile. Mobile layout on websites is terrible almost everywhere and the lack of a mouse is crippling.

- Install new software without having to pay for even the most trivial apps.
- Use an actual keyboard.
- Not get finger grease all over the screen.
- Use a decent command line.
- Play DVDs.
- Change the boot order to experiment with different OSs.
- Not be part of a botnet.

>Type at 120+ wpm
> edit 4k video
> have a 4k monitor at a size that matters
> do any productivity/office work
> do everything faster in general
If you have no med for a desktop, it means you only use the computer to consume.

Productivity requires a desktop

Install Gentoo.

I love Jow Forums.

Compile large software projects, virtualize multiple OSes, store & process RAWS, efficiently do research using many browser tabs, windows, while also taking notes in a separate application, efficiently view and edit high resolution images, etc etc etc

I already block ads and scripts on both phone and pc browsers, but I wish I could open videos with mpv on my phone browser.

you only use PC for watching anime and shitposting in Jow Forums, right?

pretty much the only reason I have a phone at all is SMS (and Signal, for those who I managed to convince to use it), and to have a phone number because so many real-world bureaucratic pains-in-the-ass assume you have one. Banks, especially.

not be spied on

What are you hiding?

Browsing on phone is just a terrible experience

Never had one and anytime I sit on my desk I automatically reach for the phone cause it has my pics, and easy to use apps

i used to tell ppl that too but we both know 80wpm is more realistic

this thread is proof nobody on Jow Forums can even read

ALL mobile websites are complete dogshit with tons of missing features. I don't want your stupid app with even more restrictions and spyware. Sure you can request the desktop version but it's always awful on a small touchscreen.

Try to watch a video on youtube and you can't get a high resolution stream or change the speed. You have to go out of your way to get features like adblock or being able to shut the screen off without the video turning off. Sites like imgur will serve you low res images.

All mobile apps are awful. I spent like half an hour trying to find a text editor. A TEXT EDITOR. That didn't have in app purchases, ads, a premium version, require unnecessary permissions, etc, etc. I found one. It worked fine at first. But I found all the text files were filled with random bytes and it crashed on large files.

Even the fucking flashlight apps spy on you. The app stores are run by SJW babies that delete anything mildly controversial and then demand 30% of your money.

Attached: 1528386675004.png (259x224, 22K)

48th post best post

>boomer

Attached: 1506187100237.gif (675x227, 73K)

This is why you have to dump gapps and only use stuff in F-Droid.

Wow, you're totally right. I misread.

In that case, anything that has to do with resolution is more of a pain on mobile, anything that benefits from multiple windows (like research, using an editor while viewing some reference, etc), content that uses various native browser plugins (flash, silverlight, Java, etc). Probably a few other things too, but that's what comes to mind.

That's more specific, which I agree, if I'm doing research or anything I want to use a desktop but if I am just looking to fuck around, I can just use my phone

yeah but when you know exactly what you are going to write you get those 120wpm, whereas on a smartphone you have a constant slow pace of two fingers hiting a chocolate bar