/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xiaomi Mi A2 lite Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Mi-A2-Lite-colors.jpg (800x506, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright guys.
What do you usually want out of a phone?
What do you think is unnecessary in today's phones, hardware and/or software wise?

pls respond, also. How hard is it to upgrade the Android version on the old note 3 pro?

>What do you usually want out of a phone?
Good camera,
GPU that is fast and power efficient,
RAM that is plenty enough so future software isn't incompatible,
CPU that is decent enough.

>What do you think is unnecessary in today's phones
Facial recognition,
Fingerprint registering,
Always-on Front camera.

Attached: 1313554897776.jpg (496x500, 54K)

>

Get a Redmi Note 5

the latest rumors regarding the SE2 are saying it was canceled. There will be a "budget" iPhone but it'll be 6.1" with a notch.

>Redmi Note 5
that's 50-80 extra €. Is it worth it?

>4K display
Did you mean 1440p?

Yes, absolutely. Redmi Note 3 isn't worth buying anymore. SD636 in the Note 5 is faster and more power efficient. Did you check prices here? kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

oh, yeah, 1440p.
I'm recording and viewing drone videos.

Best AOSP ROM for redmi note 5?

Attached: file.png (500x500, 167K)

I was cheking the prices at amazon or trusted ebay sellers. Never bought anything from aliexpress or banggood, can they be trusted? how's the post-sale service? Also the ETA it's massive (22-26 days) is that normal?

priorities in order: chipset, battery, screen, camera, headphone jack, speakers

I see, sucks they canceled it. I guess I will wait till September event and decide after. Thanks.

Yeah, they can be trusted. Post-sale service varies depending on the seller. Most of the sellers offer faster shipping if you pay extra, for example Banggood offers 6-14 day shipping with "Priority direct mail" for $10, at least to my country. If you want to avoid paying import taxes buy from HK Goldway and select DHL shipping.

Just got an XZ2 from Vodafone because it came with a TV.

DESU I checked some high-end phones and thought this one met my expectations price/quality wise perfectly.

Only had it for two weeks but so far i'm impressed with it. The camera is even better than the S9, I'm quite happy.

Thinking of rooting it, but I've heard Sony fucks over root. Any info on this? XDA isn't giving much

What price did you boys pay for the 4GB 64GB Global Note 5?
Trying to get one around £150 without chink shipping times

I heard only the XA line can be rooted safely.

Does anybody in this thread actually owns a Redmi Note 5?

Just picked up an S9+ and it's my first capable smartphone, wondering what would be some decent games to download on it.

I don't just mean visually impressive but real games with a bit of depth and content that isn't built around nickel and diming the player. I could tolerate a decent TCG/CCG too.

I'd ask /v/ but they're only likely to suggest that mobage waifu gambling shit that aren't even games

You could download PUBG Mobile just to see how well it runs since it's quite a demanding game.

I like playing underhand and ygo duel generation, because it's easy to play during my commutes

I used to run it on an Asus Zenfone 3 with no issues desu

Well, other than PUBG Mobile, I really don't play any other games on my cellphone.

That's all I could recommend you.

Sony is probably That ONE company that could cheaply put 2, 3 or even 4 rear cameras into their phones for cheap.
Since they are the leading sensor manufacturer.

But it turns out they are championing phones to only have single rear cameras. They seem to lack the technology to merge multiple sensor data into a single picture.

It's such a massive waste of potential.

Attached: 1429740530540.gif (504x508, 405K)

Psst.

They literally just released a dual-cam phone.

The XZ2 premium. I really don't mind tho.

I guess it's better late than never. Good for them.

huh, 404 after two weeks eh. also redmi note 5 is always recommend on /spg/ for months.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-27-07-45-46-421_org.floens.chan.png (1080x2160, 325K)

The two Alto games, Super Mario Run, Pokemon Go, both Monument Valleys, any square enix GO game (Hitman GO, Tomb Raider GO), Retro Shooter, Sky Force Reloaded. Pretty much the only ones that are enjoyable on mobile I feel. I can't stand those heavy games like pubg mobile. Phone gets hot regardless and it's never anywhere near as good as the real deal.

Looking to make the jump from an iPhone 6 plus to an android phone, only prior experience was with a Galaxy S4 (which was god awful) but I think you guys could help me find something a little bit better. I'm in the USA and have T-Mobile and am looking to spend up to $600. Things I want, but don't necessarily need:
>headphone jack
>removable storage
>nice screen
>good battery life
Considered getting a OnePlus 6 or Xiaomi mi 8 but I don't know if the latter will work with my carrier. Any suggestions?

tfw have a galaxy s5
tfw the internal drive constantly keeps getting full
tfw every time there's an app update it moves the apps back to the internal memory

All I want is a new phone that's a lot better but the S9 has to be so expensive REEEEEEEE

Attached: 1532224931679.jpg (918x825, 88K)

What a dumb question

I own a pixel 2 and I held an iPhone X for the first time today and to be honest, it was really nice.

It was dense and had a nice feel to it. It felt really premium unlike my pixel 2. The notch didn't bother me and it felt like a part of the ui.

There's a chance I might go for the X2 but to be brutally honest, I'll probably be forever a rootcuck so it's only Google devices for me.

Attached: Screenshot_20180726-200909.png (1440x2880, 185K)

what Big Black Cock phone does Jow Forums recommends?

Snappy performance
Good screen
good(or atleast decent) camera
rugged
(Very)scratch resistant screen
MicroSd card support
Headphone jack with PROPER AUDIO CIRCUITY TO POWER IT.
Removable standardized battery
Water resistant

Not important:
Thinness
body to screen ratio
rediculously high res
thinness agn.
non rectangular design
stupid colours
notches
le epic "premium feeling materials"

Attached: Hu.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

S7s are still good phones tho

are they really worth it like is it worth just getting one and not going for a newer galaxy

Yeah, there's not a lot of changes within the newer versions. Get a European S7, then change the ROM with a debloated one, then you're set for life.

LG V20? although I'm not sure if it has good software. It's not water resistant too.

Whats the best phone I can get for $150?

XIaomi A1 is going to get a price drop soon-ish

so that.

RN4 for me

Not perfect, but at least its cheap and fullfills some of my criterea.

>Notch

Kek

P20 pro or Pixel 2 XL? Why?

BBC owns Oppo, OnePlus, and Vivo.

So your are looking for Find X user.

finally bought an alcantara case for my s9.
it's alright, just glad i didn't pay full price for it. still on the look out for a good flip case, something like the moto g 1st gen magnetic flip case

Pixel, official better software support which results in faster updates, better camera, and less bloat.
Should be a no brainer tbqh, unless the p20 was like half price.

Lgs skin isnt the worst but i never used stock.

my zuk z2 pro died a year and a half after buying it, never doing chink again

so i bought an s9 instead, how did i do Jow Forums?

But no jack, no sd

my 2 years old xiaomi redmi note 3 wants to charge only when turned off
i didn't install anything lately, no recent updates

anyone know what is the cause and how to fix this?

Does the P20 pro have those?

I will never get a flagship phone ever again. It makes my expectation for everything else too high.

Who cares, P20 Pro is useless in America since it doesn't support any American bands

Serves you right for buying Chinese shit

jokes on you im selling it in a year and buying a xiaomi so i can get some sweet yellow puss

LG G6 or Samsung Galaxy A8 2018? they're just about the same price where I live but I don't know which one to get, I'm pretty tempted by the Samsung's AMOLED display but in terms of performance LG does better.

>it doesn't support any American bands
Chinkphones in a nutshell

>this is what chinkfags actually believe

why do people here love the Redmi Note 5 so much?

Attached: 1522455365813.jpg (625x552, 52K)

>Wow user, you have the Xiaomi™[Insert flavor model of the month]? That's so cool, how about you fuck me right in my yellow puss puss?

Apparently Xiaomi™ pays good money to shill on this place

What does a prick like you do all day besides poke fun at others.

i've never met a yellow chick irl are you telling me this wont work

Attached: 1509147453959.png (646x595, 280K)

Poke his fun into your mom

that'd make him a necrophiliac wouldn't it

Been enjoying Stormbound lately, as well as Dungeonmaker. Would suggest Sdorica but that's almost a gacha game.

Will there ever be another

No, because 18:9 has made it so phones can have at least 5.5" screen for the same relative size 4.8" phones used to have

OnePlus 6 for sure.

XZ1C is the last good one. Get it while it lasts.

Umidigi Z2, had it about a week now. Believe it will work with all US carriers. Definitely works with tmobile/metropcs. It has expandable storage up to 256gb, nice screen with "notch", and pretty good battery. Fast charging too. No headphone port but comes with headphone adapter that goes in usb-c port. $250-$300 depending on where you buy from. Got mine from gearbest

I wish Xiaomi would just release a smaller sized phone something similar to the SE or even in between the SE and the regular iPhone 6/7/8

Poo

Anyone know the best way to bypass an FRP lock on a Samsung S7?

>A "budget" smartphone costs $250

Attached: 1398446401357.jpg (350x345, 16K)

anything lower is poverty

My Letv LeEco Le 2 arrived today. Was a purchase for my mother because her phone is utter garbage. For AUD$115 (USD $85), this phone is really nice. I am suprised how good quality it is. The camera is really good too.

Thanks to the user who recommended me Hong Kong Goldway on Aliexpress, and for you anons with this thread with the recommended phones pastebin.

It only took 5 days to arrive from Hong Kong to Australia, was surprised. Going to save up some money and wait till he has a deal on a good $400-600 chink phone for myself.

Overall very happy.

Attached: 1323884217283.jpg (383x383, 37K)

What are some useful maintenance/security apps which don't require root?

ccleaner/sd maid

The price for mi max 3 on Aliexpress will probably stop somewhere at $250, right? When would you expect that to happen?
I want to order one for my dad. He has had mi max 1 for a while and loved the phone, but it has finally started to break.

Why everyone here sucks Note 5 cock so hard?

should I just get my boomer mother an iphone SE and be done with it?

she's doesn't understand a fucking thing about electronics and certainly not smartphones

I want to make a quick shortcut or gesture command that will set an alarm for "8 hours from now". How would I do this? I have a couple google bucks if i need and paid app.

Because it's a good package for a good price.
Has a good ROM support, too.

Are the Note phones any good for taking class notes?
Or should I go for a bigger device?
That one would have killed two birds with one stone, but whatever.

xiaomi doesn't make products resistant to dust or water so they can eat shit for all I care

Most are pajeets here

Aren't iPhones super unfriendly maintenance-wise

So is a new galaxy s7 for about $240 better than any chinese phone for that price? The camera on all of them seen so bad.

Absolutely.

Then why buy a smartphone? "Dumbphones" are still sold.

Buy a dumb phone and buy separate dslr

Yeah, couldn't it be that it offers unprecedented value for money, could it?

fucking chinks are always making the OP
Jow Forums has yellow cock up the ass and won't even notice

Whats the best company to go with in terms of price in the US?

I have an unlocked S8. I was with T-Mobile but 75 a month is getting heavy for me. I wanna find a plan that is 30. I know I won't get unlimited with that, which is somewhat of an issue, but I will live. I see MetroPCS is a thing, but I was wondering if anyone has any better deals they know of?

Take this to:

>t. yellowbot

t. Chink