When will the programming bubble burst?

When will the programming bubble burst?

Attached: 1512470526045.jpg (418x455, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

levels.fyi/
web.archive.org/web/20141117085545/http://www.xamuel.com:80/programming-hard-to-automate/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

t. Software engineer

That being said, the bubble bursting won't be a problem for actually good developers. The only people it's going to hurt are amateurs, bootcamp graduates, hipsters, and people who can only do the basics or are only good at one thing.

>OP posts a questions asking when
>Reply as though he asked if

I think you're one of those undesirables.

He did ask when you retarded "'"'"'engineer""""'"'"'

lmao rekt

When someone creates self programming, self correcting AI.

t. big brained retard

Why wouldn't it?

When literally everything will be provided as a (((service))), at that point programming YOUR OWN FUCKING SOFTWARE and RUNNING IT ON YOUR LOCAL MACHINE will be seen as an abomination only weirdos do.
That's when the programming bubble will stop.
Of course, therr will still be programming positions in important fields such as scientific computing, defense systems, etc. and hobbyists will keep doing it, but "code artisans" will disappear for good.

>don't understand the question
>still reply

fucking retard

Attached: ppp.jpg (399x385, 37K)

I would kill myself if I was this stupid

first post retarded post

In 5 years this will be remembered as one of the greatest gems on Jow Forums, please include me in the screenshot.

questioned by a jealous NEET

answered by a jealous NEET

Attached: 1532367457357.png (576x566, 317K)

Attached: 1510767294420.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>software """"engineers""""

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

>t. software engineer

the ABSOLUTE state

Attached: 1520014387691.jpg (1170x742, 70K)

When words stop being useful.

There will always be a market for articulation of any degree.

When the singularity comes, why even bother learning to become a coding ninja when robots will just take your job?

you'll have to spend your time as a real life ninja fighting robots instead

Attached: 1531902925327.png (923x713, 26K)

superior shitposting

It's not a question of when, it's a question of if.

there is no 'programming bubble' there's a high market cap social media and advertising bubble. once that 'pops' it will let small and medium sized businesses hire more skilled developers and eventually the pay will normalize and be reminiscent of what it was 15 years ago.

saved :)

t. listens to the tech lead

better than simple brogrammer desu

Google's still doing well, I expect Facebook to go bankrupt though

Attached: 1530124328628.png (664x735, 78K)

Holy shit this comment triggered a lot of low-skill CS students

>comment

It did 20 years ago.

Don't think it will burst. It will go the way of lawyers, the top 5% do 80% of the work, working 12 hour days but also make 80% of the money. The rest will fight for scraps.

when things stop automating

When the machines program themselves.

fuck I laughed straight a minute at this, what level of shitpost are we in these days lads?

dumb and dumber

700k starting salary what a shitty larp article. That's very very very rare.

nobody says it's starting salary user levels.fyi/

Sometimes I really wonder, why there are so many programmers. First of all so many projects are kind of useless, but the other thing is that most code is probably very similar. You would think that at this point some high level tools would exist, that could create a solution for most companies. At least languages become higher level, but still so many programmers are needed.

not-made-here syndrome

Holy shit my dude. I bet your computer is turned off right now.

No. See: web.archive.org/web/20141117085545/http://www.xamuel.com:80/programming-hard-to-automate/

same shit

you get promoted for writing software user, not reusing software

Holy shit you are retarded.

>t. Software engineer

Why is this not surprising?

the singularity's not coming by itself, it's kinda the programmer's job to bring it

Don't think it will. Unless something drastic happens in computing or population shrinks by a huge margin.

>t. Software engineer

Attached: 1498144396471.png (419x398, 191K)

It already has. You can't get even a beginner job unless you have years of experience plus a 4+ year degree.

t. Programming engineer
Don't let these Jow Forumsuys get to you man, I know what you meant.

Attached: softwareengineer.png (402x296, 123K)

Attached: fuckingsoftwareengineer.png (4096x2160, 710K)

go back to youtube nigger

>programmers still in high demand
>high starting salaries
>coding easy enough that anyone can get into it

I'm surprised it hasnt burst already

>coding easy enough that anyone can get into it
it's easy to get into but exceedingly difficult to master any one specific field. There's also always something new to learn, be it a new build system, language, API, target platform, etc. and learning the new stuff is important to staying relevant.

>Plumbers are still high in demand
>high starting salaries
>so easy all you do is learn to fix pipes then fix the pipes

I'm surprised it hasn't burst already

Except plumbing is gross while coding is trendy and cool

>50 percent of it is just white space
Unironically kill yourself.

Apples and oranges.
Humans need water, and as long as we don't want to go out searching for the nearest body of water in order to survive, plumbers will be a part of our world.

Programmers will be needed as long as technology-as-we-know-it is a part society. Programming is a much younger trade than plumbing, and programming's roots exist in a far less fundamental layer of the modern human condition. That said, prospects do look excellent for programming as a trade, while plumbing doesn't really evolve much (nor does it need to)

You can swap words all you want but the context and trajectory for the two trades are wildly different

>Except plumbing is gross while coding is trendy and cool
trendy- yes
cool- highly subjective, but I would hazard to say most people wouldn't say programming is cool.

>Didn't even say if
I think you are going to have a problem when it bursts

Attached: 1521984254812.jpg (777x704, 57K)

Hi Jow Forums4chan!

Attached: 1531324745145.jpg (1045x938, 366K)

this but unironically

>this retarded pajeet has a job but you don't

Attached: 1487861654613.jpg (261x193, 13K)

okay, this is epic

If you hung out with finance majors you'd know programming aint going anywhere. They all want to get in on VC and "fund their bros startups".

We shouldn't hate on programming going mainstream. Economic barriers of entry are so high for the young generation, and programming is an accessible skill that gets people jobs. It's kind of a god send. 1-2 years of hard work and you get a job. Would you rather have 1/3 those kids do 4 years in military and live off military welfare, 1/3 get liberal arts degrees and work food service, and 1/3 become HVAC?

>t. Software engineer
>can't read

Attached: potato_head_harvey.jpg (244x237, 22K)

Holy shit kek

Attached: 685D2A51-A537-4FDF-99A5-8550CD708365.png (571x523, 275K)

oof

Samefag found

Sometimes I wonder why I'm on this board, since the only people who post here are mouth-breathing iphone users who hate technology.