Why do people still use consoles?

Why do people still use consoles?

Attached: 71pFB-gWFdL._SL1500_-1.jpg (1500x1000, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HDq56GF-i_A
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee872306.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because some people don't care

Why don't you ask people with consoles?

If I were playing games I'd rather have a console than running windows

Ease of use. One X is pretty neat desu, buy great 4K OLED, plug it in and enjoy in 99% same graphics while laying down and stronking my dick.

>but muh 16xMSAA

Look, 3 feet from TV in native 4K and 4xSMAA no body cares.

because I enjoy sitting on my couch

This. I'd rather sit on my couch to play a game and relax rather than incessantly sit on a computer chair with a keyboard and mouse running winshit.

Less distractions desu. This is literally the only reason.
I had an XboneX for a couple of months and I beat bioshock 1-3 (replayed 3), doom and ffxv. And to be honest on PC, I just play shitty multiplayer trash, I find it so hard to just play a single player story.
lmao I sold it anyway to build a pure AMD pc for shits

Same reason why I have many ways to play music but I chose to also own a PMP in addition to everything else

Consoles are affordable all-in-one packages with many exclusive games. They don't require as much maintenance as gaming PCs and you can go from unboxing to playing games in minutes.

What if I use an Xbox?

because no brain

This and watch netflix w/o cable.

>Why do people still use consoles?

Is there anything wrong with playing games on consoleS?

Because new consoles come out every ten years, but nvidia will gimp your vidya card on the next driver update.

Because Sony is the only company still funding big budget single player games that aren't polluted with loot boxes and shitty multiplayer and various other cancers.

In like 45 minutes because updates. Source: unfortunate owner of an xbone

I use it to play games and as a multimedia machine with Youtube, Spotify, Netflix, Plex etc. Does the job okay, especially since my PC sucks ass so I can't really game on it.

HOYL SHIT
HOW WRONG
THIS (IF YOU HAVE 100GB INTERNET)
Spoilers 60GB ''''patches'''' are to be expected. Not only this, but it takes fucking 2 hours to copy the base 50TB shitdisk to local memory for godknows fuck what reason.

>cheap
>easy to use, just a simple UI
>designed to be used from the couch on a tv
>don't need to worry about any upgrades (pro is a different console not a component)
>just turn it on and launch your game
>can be used as a dvd player, blu-ray player, netflix and many more apps

What the hell is a "100GB internet" how would it stop me from enjoying my PS

Mostly just for exclusives, personally.
Being a huge weeb I'm saddened by how few Japanese games get PC releases. That's slowly been changing in recent years, but not nearly enough for me to ditch my PS4.

Obviously I mean ~1000Gb/s download speeds fuckface.
Continue to enjoy your cucked life.

I don't know. Lots of console games are being released for PC too these days. It's nice to play the remade Crash Bandicoot on my computer.

Alright, I will because this has never been an issue for me. It updates when it's on stand-by so I've never actually had to sit and wait for it to update.

Most people's computers are too weak to play most new PC games. A $399 PC does not have the power of a $399 PS4 Pro.

I enjoy some of the exclusives
Got a PS4 for Gravity Rush, Horizon, wipeout and some PSVR exclusives.
Bought a Switch for BoTW.

30fps kind of sucks but it isn't gamebreaking in anyway.

It just werkz

Attached: 1387871019845.jpg (657x527, 49K)

Most PC games are designed for one person playing at the computer at a time. You're playing close to a monitor (usually 24-27 inches designed for use by one person) with one keyboard and one mouse. Multiplayer gaming mostly happens online or at a LAN party.

If you have multiple friends over and you guys want to play games and all you have is your
PC, you're probably not going to have a good time with that $1000+ rig.

Free game

Whys that? Cant move the pc to the loving room? Cant connct contro)ers?

>Cant move the pc to the loving room?

Who wants to lug a giant desktop case downstairs everytime friends come over to play and bring it back upstairs when they're done? Isn't that what the Steam Link is for?

Get smaller pc? You dont have to build full/ mid tower

I have a PC set up next to my tv. Have a wireless ball mouse and game pad, very functional. Watch YouTube and Netflix on that and then maybe the occasional game. Anything more serious I'll jump on my main desktop.

I prefer playing with a controller, and not all games have good controller support

Hey I had a computer/mythbox next to my TV back when tv was analog. Now I have a playstation.

I'd consider moving to consoles to avoid Windows 10.

Because Hatsune Miku Future Tone isn't on PC. Neither are a lot of the other exclusives I play. However I only own console for exclusives. No other reason at all. I'm building a small HTPC though soon for basic use and platforming games.

Children.

Most PCs aren't made for gaming. The majority of PCs being sold today aren't powerful enough to play modern games.

I'd rather play games on a dedicated gaming device than run Windows on my computer.

It means I don't necessarily need to rely on Windows for my gaming needs.

Attached: consoles-without-windows10.png (1920x1080, 99K)

Because the functionality of the Switch cant be replicated by a PC.

I got a jail broken ps4 pro for cheap. For 250 I get all the sony exclusive games for free up to firmware 5.50. The only real draw back is lack of multiplayer. Kind of sucks because I would love to play gt sport online.

You can order Onions in a PC too it's quite difficult but possible.

those manchild should stop fucking giving them money, is retarded how they make locked software to hardware that is nearly identical with same shit capabilities of keyring. Fuck I'd just like to play mario and bloodborne without having to buy two shitboxes that only will get some weeks of use. That's why I pass altogether. Get your shit together and make vidyas free of the hardware

Because they do 1080p/30fps for cheaper than any computer can and require no knowledge of anything technical.

People are saying the ps4 is cheaper than buying a PC. Is it really the case?

Depends on what you're looking for. You might be paying a little bit more for similar/slightly better performance but at least you're not paying for online. Games also tend to be cheaper on the PC.

Better not be an Xbox then.

have you seen the average person try to maintain a windows machine?
it's harder to fuck over a console

Because my pc broke and I'm waiting for the parts to arrive

> buy a ps4, xbone, and switch.
>Pay for internet four times just to play online.
> cheaper
These must be the same people that think cellphone provider smartphones paid in installments are cheap.

I don't know I finally got an xbox one recently and it's normal for games to have 50gb updates I couldn't believe it I buy physical disks and the fucking thing won't let me play it without pulling down these massive updates fucking disgrace should be illegal.

There's also a severe lack of quick play multiplayer couch co op games modern consoles are dogshit.

Attached: ffdjkjkfka.jpg (225x225, 9K)

You would think Jow Forums would understand HDMI & Wireless controllers have existed on PC for years, a lot of retards on this board these days

because bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive

Xbox uses Win 10

>dedicated gaming device
>he says while he watches Netflix on his PS4 all day & the PS4 reserves 3GB's of RAM for shit in the background

At equal price points a console performs better than a PC, on the other hand you can pirate single player games on PC, so it depends on what you want to play

I never thought how expensive it would be to play for all 3 Consoles multiplayer fee
Not to mention buying an extra controller for both if you want couch co-op

shit ports

Attached: .png (918x791, 448K)

I'd say it's the better option if you want to gayme at a low budget cost, thanks to miners and chip makers jewing out.

this is the correct answer

>press controller to turn on console while sitting on the couch
vs
>have to turn on pc from the case
>wait for windows to boot up use keyboard to log in
>manually boot Steamâ„¢ and enter living room mode
>now I can finally slam my ass on the couch
don't ever pretend to know what's supposed to convenience because you're liteally comparing a special purpose machine build for convenience vs a general purpose machine that *can* be used for games but that's basically a manchild application for it.

>Easy to set up and use
>Designed for couch and casual gaming
>No need to install drivers
>Everything you need comes out of the box
>Affordable price for most families/casual players
>Ease of use/ less technicality is needed compared to using a gaming PC.

Please understand that in NO way am I saying that PC gaming is hard and complicated. What PC fags need to understand is that PC and Console gaming can co-exist without PC elitists boasting about how epic and superior PC gaming is. Many PC Gamers (Including myself) Have a PC and a PS4/Xbox/Nintendo switch.

There are normal, respectful PC Gamers and there are also PC fags like OP.

Attached: 1528965204480.jpg (650x793, 43K)

R E D D E A D R E D E M P T I O N 2

Yeah, MHW runs so smoothly on Consoles, oh wait...

>have to turn on pc from the case
>wait for windows to boot up use keyboard to log in

what is sleep mode

>manually boot Steamâ„¢ and enter living room mode

Manually booting Steam? wait what?

>Muh GTA with horses
>best thing ever

How is life being 14?

>sleep mode
Some of us have to work for that electricity bill.

you know, there're people like me who use the computer for other means other than gayming, so having steam to full-screen boot every time isn't what I look after most of the times, so yeah unless you basically rigged you computer to act like an overpriced console you still have to tell steam to open up.

nur

lol console gamers talking about bills, but acting like a big HDTV & Couch comes with the Console, cause mummy paid for it

also sleep mode doesn't go around the first two points, you still have to wake uup the pc and log in
retard

the 2 seconds it takes to log in beats the extra loading times all Console games have

MHW's loading times are utter shit on PS4 while the new PC footage is near instant for example

Don't own any consoles except on old n64 from my childhood, I'm just saying it's a waste to leave your 750W pc on all day.

youtu.be/HDq56GF-i_A

You can wake a PC with an XBOX controller.

t. 200 unplayed games in his steam library

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee872306.aspx

Most Console gamers don't finish their games either, everyone suffers from backlog syndrome

I recently bought a onions console to play with co-workers at lunch, but I feel so ripped off paying 60-70 bucks for a game when I can get shit got so much cheaper on my PC.

Yeah, the console itself was cheap, but these games are much more expensive in the long term.

used to have ps2 and loved it because you had to put a disc in and that's all it took to play a game but now you have to have accounts and shit and you need to be online for some games (not sure about this one).

>t. never played red dead
did a console gamer bang your oneitis? kek

>How is life being 14?
That unironically sounds awesome tbqh

played on 360 in 2010, enjoyed it, but people think it's the best shit ever when it's just cowboy GTA4

Yeah consoles transformed from convenient gaming appliances to shitty PCs. The PS2 was the last good console.

yeah seconded. i could be 14 all my life if i could save my adult sexual life.

I use my PS4 for netflix and Plex etc

>steam library
nope

personally, I've outgrown video games. I get bored of them now, even if they're good games. I don't even go on my computer much now.

xbox one specs are literally a TON better than a PC gaming build of the same price

Console hardware blows pc gaming out of the water at it's price point.

If I ever play games to relax, I don't want to spend even more time sitting at a computer than I already do.
Plus it's more convenient to have a console to play with friends when they come over, watch Netflix, etc.
PCs can do the same, obviously, but they are less convenient (even laptops) because they're not mean to be used from a couch.
And inb4 media server: they're shit, non mom-proof, and less convenient than a PlayStation anyway.

Attached: chrome_20180131_125456.png (789x787, 975K)

Best games.

Attached: 4DB851C7-9153-4F6E-BD44-31CCEE749BD3.jpg (937x1200, 335K)

only due to miners jacking up the prices, XBX uses a custom RX 580 ($200 GPU) & an absolute garbage CPU that a $70 CPU can run circles around

uh don't defend sony?

Because I'm not an autist who counts frames and pixels on textures instead of playing games and I don't want to change my hardware every few months to fit in. PS4 Pro was a mistake which made this kind of dick waving retards to come out.