Tfw

tfw
>2018
>Still using Windows 7

Attached: 1528863032230.jpg (637x358, 35K)

Win10 is shit. I had the horrible experience to try it, and it's just a giant non-touchable non-portable smartphone with 20 annoying Microsoft notifications per hour.

After that traumatic experience I never loved more Win7 since that day.

I just installed 7 on a brand-new Ryzen 2600 and I'm heading through the long march of installing drivers and turning off various obnoxious MS bullshit.

I won't put up with windows 10, even though the machine is for playing games and nothing else (won't even have a fucking web browser)

Yeah and and after the support ends I will keep with 8.1 till 2023, hopefully Gnu/Linux get their shit together by that time and everyone can migrate to it.

windows 10 is the best xD
brb i just got another update i can't refuse which will put more adds on my start screen and reset my non-optional privacy and telemetry settings again xD

Attached: 1532274420440.png (495x495, 210K)

>hopefully Gnu/Linux get their shit together by that time

Attached: 1521596710609.jpg (500x429, 23K)

>tfw using windows xp

Attached: win xp.png (585x619, 67K)

Yikes

if you haven't switched to it already, you won't in 2020 and you won't in 2023. You'll keep whining about how you can't live without this or that proprietary program, and how the free-software alternatives all suck (read: are different), or you'll be too lazy or stupid to get a distro installed, even shit like Ubuntu. Again, because it's different from what you know.

And you'll bitch and moan about being forced on to 10 but you eventually will be. Microsoft's game is essentially saying "We want you on 10. What are you gonna do about it? Install Linux? Ha!", and you're refusing to call their bluff on that.

Attached: 11331.jpg (484x509, 17K)

> all these people not using LTSB
Literally what the fuck guys, c'mon

me2 fren
I would love to switch to a free distro but these updates that break shit randomly put me off

Windows period.

2018-5
still using windows

what's the difference

Minimal updates - almost exclusively security updates only, same level of security and control as the enterprise version (so you can turn things off for good, not just until Windows wants to turn it back on again), comes standard without the Store, Xbox App, or any of that wank.

Think a cut-down version of Enterprise. It's meant for things like Point of Sale systems and other devices that could potentially be broken with constant updates for shit that doesn't matter. So they only push out important security updates, and that's about it.

Attached: w7.jpg (837x755, 146K)

just use linux already

Attached: tux.jpg (580x387, 21K)

Attached: core2duo-win7n.png (802x654, 117K)

Windows 10 is an abomination. 7 is the last good Windows.

Had to go back to windows for a period of time for work

why does a fresh desktop need to swallow 4GB of ram?

Attached: 4g.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

>tfw Education edition used to be like this until MS realized they wanted to spy on academics

Attached: 19432984231.png (746x608, 344K)

I'm going to change my system to x64. Is it good to add a new 4GB card? Total 6GB

Virtual machine.

>4GB card
>total 6GB
Honestly your processor probably can't run 64bit

I'm going to take the test first with the 2GB I already have. If I run it I add more

it's a core 2 brainlet, it's x64

Attached: 1506809764221.jpg (382x385, 10K)

Fells good

Attached: wangderz.png (1260x442, 133K)

Instal debian xfce

>1.416v @ 3GHz

what did you do to that chip you filthy degenerate

Attached: 1506805019360s.jpg (250x182, 5K)

I mean, as long as it doesn't have a way to connect to the Internet, I think XP is an OS that still lives up against 7 and 10 due to compatibility with older programs/games, which doesn't happen so often, but it's good to have as a resource.

>tfw windows 10 breaks something new with every update

Uma delicia.

>why does a fresh desktop need to swallow 4GB of ram?
3.5 gb for botnet purpose

my first ever pc arrived in the mail today, i wanna install elementaryos but i wanna play games too wat do

install win7

nice trip 7s

are there any downsides/new apps that wont work in win7?

sopa de windows

>WINE/Lutris
>DXVK
>KVM + PCIe Passthrough
>Looking Glass
Yes, I am a Level1Techs shill.

There is no reason to use windows in this day and age. Muh gaymes isn't an argument.

No.

Unless you care 'bout the 3 gaymes that only run in W10.

>Bluetooth stack just werks
>Multi-monitor setups easier to manage
>Able to configure mouse settings (scrolling acceleration) without having to use xargs or whatever the fuck
>Drag and Drop with Electron Jew apps just werk

Grow the fuck up faggot. It's almost 20 years old now.

what even are they again?
Vanilla Minecraft with no mods but better performance
And that soulless "definitive edition" of Age of Empires II which is shittier than the HD edition
in both cases, nearly everyone stuck with the pre-Win10 versions, so good luck finding games in multiplayer for either
what do you play videogames on then?

The remastered version of the first Age of empires, the new Forza games, and ddon't remember which one it's the other.

as you can see, these are Microsoft gaymes only...

Buy a video game console if you want video games

can you explain all this in layman's terms please

Not him but
-Recore (Decent)
-GoW + GoW 4
-Sea of Thieves
-New Gaylo
-Upcoming Crackdown game (never ever)

All xbox games. Spend more time streaming xbox games to my PC, especially if they're console-timed-exclusives, or pc ports that perform like shit.
>forgetting the only racing game that matters anymore

tfw
>2018
>Still using Windows 7

Attached: feelsgood.png (659x609, 66K)

>Bluetooth headset quality is far more inferior and gets about half the usable range compared to Windows 7's
>Switching back and fourth between my monitor and projector (using only one at a time, not duplicate/extend) requires me to go into settings instead of just hitting Meta+P
>Should be self-explainatory but mouse scrolling in Ubuntu is way too slow and it requires a fucking console command to raise how many lines per scroll you want
>In Slack and even Basedcord drag and drop can cause them to freeze for up to a minute or even crash

>Buy a video game console

how bout you suck a fat cock

>forgetting the only racing game that matters anymore
mariokart?

word so i shouldn't install elementaryOS to replace win10 on my new thinkpad?

Either grow up and stop playing your childish waste of time you call video games or you stop wasting your computer on a shitty OS like windows and use a console to get your fill to satisfy your addiction that's wasting your life.

mario kart hasn't mattered ever since nickelodeon beat them at their own game

The absolute state of freetards.

>nickelodeon
you mean sega?

Grow up

nope!

Attached: Nick-Kart-Racers-810x456.jpg (810x456, 83K)

This is why you fail

/comfy/

Attached: inb4pedro.png (1600x900, 767K)

Take your own advice.

HD edition of Age of Empires II is for Windows 7 and is the only relevant age of empires desu
I have a PS4 and an Xbox One and I still use PC for a lot of older games like emulation [spoiler] and pirated games [/spoiler]
Half those are trash, yea, the botnet really isn't worth it
name good Microsoft exclusives I have an Xbox One and I think I haven't turned it on in half a year
>stop hobby you enjoy so I can pretend Linux has no downsides ):

I don't waste my time with literal children's toys. Grow up.

>HD edition of Age of Empires II is for Windows 7 and is the only relevant age of empires desu

I said, the first Age of Empires, Not the AOE II, Read again.

i hate windows now, i use it for work purposes but at home i use gnu/linux.

i cant stand how intrusive windows is and how it doesnt let the user do what they like. its the same as netflix, you pay for content and it gets removed and changed every few weeks.

Forza Horizon games are all legendary and quite literally the only good racing games.
Sunset Overdrive is also way better than the reputation it got.
State of Decay is also the literal only good zombie game since Dying Light.

He's not using the CPU at its full power level.

You can just smell the cognitive dissonance

the original AoE is poop and this is coming from one who was actually a kid when it came out. The remastered version continues being poop.

AoE II is the real masterpiece

elementaryOS is fine, but if you use multimonitor or have a Bluetooth setup used for HTPC stuff then you might want to consider using 7.

i use lutris to play fh3

But they don't run that well due UWP being basically java turbo edition.
Even 2D stuff such as cuphead suffers under UWP.

They run great though. Are you still running on 4GB ram or something?
The Windows Store is still missing so many damn features, but the actual games run great.

>I don't enjoy videogames so you're a child for enjoying videogames ):

I'm talking digital foundry titan V computer getting its ass handed by the UWP in cuphead.

>by the UWP
The xbox version is identical, if it was because of UWP and not because of windows issues, xbox would also be suffering, which DF demonstrated that it wasn't.

The Xbox version is most likely native.

Are you the guy who told me that nonfree software was akin to slavery and murder?

xD

No, AoE III was the best, especially if you play the game on the Asian Dynasties expansion pack.

If Vulkan takes off and it actually supports gaymen without having to jump through 10,000 hoops I'll fully switch.

Enjoy not being able to use the latest drivers.

>AoE III
>Good

no

Win 10 is shit. Even Classic Shell guy had to quit because every other update broke his software. Win 7 / 8.1 are far better

Attached: Untitled.png (490x187, 4K)

I've never had a driver issue with anything I use. The drivers see Windows 10 64-bit as Windows 10 64-bit, regardless of version. Unless you're using some obscure device that for some reason differentiates between Home and Pro editions.

It might be different now but I remember using LTSB around the time that 10 officially released and there was some reason (can't remember now) that I couldn't install latest nvidia drivers for my 1080.

That's weird, dude. Might've been patched since then, since I run LTSB on all my various machines, and I've never had a single driver issue, even when I've had to install Windows 7 or 8.1 drivers because no Windows 10 drivers existed. Maybe it's worth another look?

Hola!

no one's stopping you from upgrading to windows 8

/v/tard here who used to use win7 and Debian Linux, just install win10 if you want games, you will regret not doing so in the future believe me

Where do you get your LTSB iso's from? I just tried looking but don't see them on mdl anymore.

only if you can name anything worthy of making me switch
I know you don't care about your privacy, but others do
and Windows 10 has tons of awful bloat, pretty sure the start menu has news on it, like thanks I really needed to know trump tweeted something again
Windows 10 is for tech illiterates, mostly boomers (not the meme kind, but ones who are actually born in the baby boomer generation), 30-40 year old parents like the one in pic related, as well as children under the age of 16

Attached: 1524093665675.jpg (1795x709, 1.14M)

shit I probably should have put a spoiler on that image and a trigger warning, hope it doesn't trigger too many people's ptsd

Why would I try to convince a 21 year old boomer who is indefinitely stuck in their ways to switch? I don't care what you use, just as long as you don't keep trying to swindle newfriends into using your outdated shit.

Also you realize if this was 10 years ago I would be shilling for win7 and you would be telling me winxp works fine and you're pretty sure win7 has ugly widgets on the desktop and it's for tech illiterates

I honestly just picked mine up from thepiratebay, no joke. It comes with about a dozen different languages, you just select the one you want, download it, and make a bootable USB. The one I got - which I think is the most popular - comes with Rufus as well. It's up to you as to whether you want to use thepiratebay to get it or not, but I've never had an issue with it. As far as I'm aware, Windows doesn't release LTSB except for special request, as it's obviously not even supposed to be used in a standard enterprise environment.

Do keep in mind that the most recent 'release' was from 2016. There's been a bunch of updates since then obviously, but I think the next major release/update/rollout for LTSB will be 2019.

never post that image again please.

Thanks. I did end up finding them on mdl though.

Oh cool. When I first heard about it, I looked around, and the only place I could find it was on TPB. It came pre-activated, so I never had a problem. Also, in case you DO want to use the Store, or the Xbox App for streaming or something, people had created applications that add that functionality back, with none of the bullshit.

It really is the best incarnation of Windows 10, but it's almost unheard of because Microsoft never markets it, because they don't want people to use a cut-down version that doesn't support like 90% of their bullshit add-ons.