Linux circle

> be me, using ubuntu
> everyone shits on you because of your distro choice
> think I am advanced user already, going to learn how to use arch
> install arch, spend some time learning system
> some time has passed
> go to imageboard and start shit on everyone who isn't using arch, saying they are all bad and suck obsolete cucks
> after some time decide to install a program, compiling some libs
> everything going into a huge mess with broken dependencies and eventually it breaks my system
> find out there is malware in AUR
> understand that arch is not so good, as I thought

> some time has passed
> decide to try debian
> some things was hard to overcome, but generally all is fine as I am used to ubuntu already
> go to imageboard and start shit on everyone who is not running debian, defending the distro I use^TM
> "debian is simple, le works and is really free"
> after some weeks it turns out I have a huge problem with network hardware which takes several days to reproduce for some reason, spent a week trying to fix it, nothing helps
> turns out you cannot just run debian fine on every hardware, debian devs don't give a fuck about supporting your shit
> realize debian is not your choice

> going back to ubuntu
> realize how much time did I waste into the void
> go to imageboard, everyone shits on you because of not using arch or debian
> remember all posts that you've made

feels bad being such hypocrite.

Attached: 9ee.png (688x578, 32K)

Distro choice shouldn't matter as long as you enjoy using it. The important thing is it's not Windows or MacOS. Ubuntu would have lost all its users if it was actually horrible.

There might be a time I'll too switch to Ubuntu but I'm still happy with Debian. This might be my forever distro.

>get rekt loonixfag
posted from my macbook pro 2017 15inch

>not using Fedora

Yeah, stop distrohopping and pick a distro. I use Debian Stable + Backports with XFCE. Cannonical moves the environment too much and has done some fishy shit in the past. All the other distros are neckbeard bleeding edge novelty distros about from like Slackware and maybe one or two others.

Ubuntu and Mint for noobies.

Install Gentoo

Attached: 1529218107295.jpg (326x273, 18K)

Nice op. Mabe in 2-3 months you will be even wiser and switch back to windows.

>people on this board actually use obscure difficult shit to gain credibility on a taiwanese karaoke facebook page

it really gets my noggin joggin

Attached: noggin-joggin.png (580x763, 633K)

GENTOO! GENTOO! GENTOO!

so I see you had an eventful summer so far

>giving a shit what some fa/g/s think of you
so summer in here

Attached: 1531797813340.png (729x638, 154K)

Just use what works for you user, it's not a competition.

I use ubuntu for several server vms because it's reliable and stable.

I use arch on the desktop because I want a minimal install.

Ubuntu hides a lot of stuff from you to make it more user friendly.

Arch assumes you know what you're doing or are comfortable with a vertical learning curve.

Depends what you want...

* A working system straight away with little background knowledge - ubuntu

* A minimal system you build over time while learning the nuts and bolts - arch

I have a theory. OS/distro complexity follows a chain, something like
Windows -> Ubuntu -> Debian -> Redhat -> Arch -> Gentoo -> LFS
The number of levels you move up is directly proportional to learning and inversely proportional to productivity
And you'll never be completely comfortable on your current distro unless you spend some time learning the next level

go back to *eddit

Attached: 1530138858103.jpg (512x463, 63K)

At some point in life, you need to work on projects that have real meaning or impact in life and the lives of others. When you start to define your life in terms of your accomplishments, computers and software just become tools for getting a job done. If a tool breaks, discard it and use another that doesn't break and stop wasting your precious time. When you cannot define your life in terms of your work and accomplishments, lesser men define themselves by possessions or esoteric knowledge that only they have and others do not. It gives them a sense of identity and superiority but they don't understand that it's simply not important and non-brainlets simply don't care. You learned the hard way that trainspotting is a worthless endeavor. Pick a noble goal, a useful project that can make an impact, and good luck.

Here's the secret: Nobody cares what OS or distro you use.
You're not going to gain 1337 hacker cred by using an OS that you have to fight any time you want to get something done.

Use whatever allows you to work the most effectively.

I've tried:
>Ubuntu (XFCE)
Fucking WiFi drivers don't install.
>Debian
Can't install WiFi drivers from *.deb package, due to some dependencies. Also back light didn't work
>Compiling Linux From Scratch
Was pretty good, until I tried installing *.rpm package
>OpenSUSE
More stable, than Fedora. Works fine. Stuck with it
Could install drivers without internet, but It is safer to download for 2-3 kernels
>Fedora
Unstable
>Arch, Gentoo
Too difficult to install. No, really, LFS is easier to install.

i like xubuntu a lot. its very comfy. my desktop is openbsd with xfce. had to wroite a couple of one line scripts for things like changing volume, after that its great.

I cry eveytiem

Also;
>bee me
>Install fully encrypted Gentoo
>setup everything in 2 days, zero problems
>get my Emacs configs
>happiness and satisfaction

install gentoo

>using mint like a happy pleb
>Jow Forums can suck me dry

Played around with other distros in VMs like Arch, Manjaro, Debian and Clover OS but I see no reason to switch.

>>OpenSUSE
muh nigga

>And you'll never be completely comfortable on your current distro unless you spend some time learning the next level
not true. I left Debian testing because i was tired of not having up to date browsers, it was still on ESR 52.

went with Tumbleweed since it's rolling and werks with KDE and the little patches like the file picker fix.

>muh nigga
No, more like a russian, that likes everything german.

>he's installed ooga booga twice
>he installed gentoo 0 times
get out

Luckily I use what I like, and disregard Jow Forums, so I use Linux mint because it's comfy, and just werks, and anyone who tries to bully me for using it just gets ignored because I'm not autistic.

Only manchildren use linux distros that arent Ubuntu

I use Fedora because we use tons of RHEL at work so I'm very used to it.

Learning something, whatever it might be, is an accomplishment, if you put effort into it.

welcome home

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-26 22-22-43.png (1440x900, 382K)

Install Slackware

Learn how to use carefully an easily fuckable OS, put effort in it. Much accomplishment... but no real use, just a waste of time.

Using macOS on my 2015 MacBook Pro. I'll switch to Ubuntu once they get Adobe's apps. Otherwise, I'm out.