* Blocks your path *

>* Blocks your path *
What will you do?

Attached: UPCSF033100_13[1].jpg (640x480, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usb.brando.com/10-x-micro-sd-to-sata-ssd-adapter-raid-quad-2-5-sata-converter_p13939c46d15.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3frnBoqqI_Q
sdcard.org/downloads/pls/latest_whitepapers/SD_Express_Cards_with_PCIe_and_NVMe_Interfaces_White_Paper.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sudo zfs create mirror SDCARDSBITCHES /dev/sda /dev/sdb

Attached: 1525633020060.jpg (2975x1959, 806K)

What happens when one of the micro SD cards dies in a week like they always do? does it do RAID of any kind? data redundancy of any kind? It looks like if one dies all your data is fucked.

Can it JBOD? I have cards in size from 32GB to 64 laying around.

If it was raided, what could the performance specs be with striped data?

It just logically combines them all into a single volume of 10 SD card capacity.

Swiss cheese SSD

Attached: 1200px-Beethoven.jpg (1200x1443, 477K)

LOL I just looked it up, it puts those 10 micro SD cards into RAID 0. if any ONE of them die, everything is fucked. This wouldn't last a month of normal usage.

usb.brando.com/10-x-micro-sd-to-sata-ssd-adapter-raid-quad-2-5-sata-converter_p13939c46d15.html

Attached: 1511031437932.png (423x458, 254K)

This.

Throw it in the garbage

challenge accepted

Please report back with findings. You have to store your favorite memes on there, with NO backup, and use it every day as a regular shitposting machine.

Install Gentoo

What speeds does it get tho?

linus made a video. it's absolute dogshit

nothing bad can happen right?

Attached: .png (497x193, 11K)

Technically what your average SSD actually is. No wonder they just drop dead randomly the way they do.

pic context?

SSDs actually have more capacity than stated. So that the controller can move data around.

Guaranteed dataloss meets indestructible filesystem.

Attached: 1510713321921.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

You can re-provision the HPA to reclaim that space or more preferably, expand it, with hdparm.

Every time I see it wonder why the fuck this thing exists. Why would anyone use it over a CF card, which actually speaks PATA/SATA? It isn't cheaper.

Attached: CompactFlash_to_SATA_adapter_with_card.jpg (1280x845, 217K)

The adapter may be barely cheaper but the cards aren't. Also modern sd cards are faster than moldy old cf cards.

The cells are not made of trash.
They last a bit longer on the shelf, wear and tear of writes, and they're harder to physically destroy. At the cost of being slower, costlier, and larger.

i think they're comfy

Good for root filesystems on various embedded units.

Attached: 1510853019247.jpg (510x614, 61K)

>The adapter may be barely cheaper but the cards aren't.
You have a point, but the price for the adapter and a new card almost evens out for small-enough cards. E.g., on eBay adapters like OP's are $25 shipped or a few dollars cheaper for a 4-card version. CF adapters are under $10.
>Also modern sd cards are faster than moldy old cf cards.
But they are not faster modern CF cards, which cost about 2x per gigabyte what UHS MicroSD cards do.

>The cells are not made of trash.
Please elaborate.
>Good for root filesystems on various embedded units.
I agree -- for devices that natively work with MicroSD cards. If your embedded device has SATA, though, you might as well throw a small SSD its way.

if it uses an off the shelf controller intended for normal use, it will be optimized for large transfers and not random access. it would be dogshit slow to run a system on, and pointless to just use for data when you can just get a big platter drive

>10 micro SD cards into RAID 0
absolutely fucking based

Attached: 1530704957679.jpg (258x360, 24K)

Pic related

Attached: RAID 0.jpg (640x335, 28K)

>Put 10 32GB SD cards in them I got for free at Microcenter
>Use the drive for sensitive data and hide the SD cards.
Cheapest encrypted drive ever

Jow Forums's favourite YouTuber did a video on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=3frnBoqqI_Q

Enhance.

Attached: fgraetehtnryjjmt.png (142x99, 22K)

I didn't know the kernel creator made youtube videos, thanks!

Based Linustechtips

I'm sure SSD are more cheaper than 10x USH-I microSD combined.

>*blocks your path*

Attached: nvme to sata 2.5 inch.png (500x500, 223K)

You go to the store and RMA it.

And the rest of data gone too.

Boo hoo, I have a minimalistic backup.

Why would I need a backup when my HDDs from 5+ years ago work perfectly fine.

Because HDDs from 5+ years ago make noise and are stupidly slow. Or do you want to clone from HDD.

*paths your block*

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

top fucking kek
is it even cheaper or faster to just get a HDD

Still faster than microSD. And you won't hear any noise when you put your headphones on anyway.

>still faster than 10x raid0 microsd
>bruh just wear headphone lmao
retard

Did you see its spec? It doesn't even support UHS-I microSD. Imaging how slow it is.
And without headphones, if your case is decent enough it should dampen your HDDs noise too. Actually right now my case fans are more noisy than HDDs.

I don't use headphones because I dislike fungal infections, and my case window is open for better cooling.
There's no way around it, HDDs are noisy and that's that. I won't try to dampen it

>open side panel for more noise
>might even with big ass fan for more noise
Okay, retard.

>"his" computer has stock fans
wowa weewee

My stock fans are quiet enough even at full speed (~1380 RPM).

Attached: IMG_20180727_144632.jpg (3456x4608, 856K)

>SATA2
Costs as much as an SSD and is a lot slower. I'd toss it in the bin.

>>Use the drive for sensitive data and hide the SD cards
>one card fails and all the data is lost

Then raid1 them. If a card dies, copy its counterpart survivor and replace it with that. Cumbersome but doable.

>Built-in RAID 0

>raid1
>board catches fire from writing too much shit to 3000 sd cards

this

bad

walk around it because its useless

>ZFS
>indestructible

I saw this on Linus tech tips!!!?!!
I like Linus...he's based!

Yeah don't fucking do this. Can we just this once trust that the guys making these shits are smarter than us and put in exactly the amount of capacity they did for a specific reason?

Oh i remember that. good times.

>Can we just this once trust that the guys making these shits are smarter than us
The same pajeets you program in rollover bugs on the SMART.

Attached: never.png (327x316, 208K)

Obsolete.

sdcard.org/downloads/pls/latest_whitepapers/SD_Express_Cards_with_PCIe_and_NVMe_Interfaces_White_Paper.pdf

>RAID 0
>Support Hotswap
>no battery
Fucking A

speed is shit

Reminds me of thread on here awhile back where the dude put like 16hds in a raid0, because he wanted the extra space. One of the hdds dies and the rest was well, a hilarious thread on Jow Forums.