Facefuckers just took a punch, but how can we kill all of social media?

Facefuckers just took a punch, but how can we kill all of social media?

Why can't normies just email each other anymore? Is that not enough attention?

Attached: MW-GN227_facebo_20180726131201_NS.jpg (1700x1020, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/FB/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What happened?
Those investigations and Zuck sperging out in front of judges didn't exactly happen today

I don't think it makes rational sense to use social media to criticize people who use social media.

they aren't growing as fast anymore.

Remember, Jow Forums is still social media.

Facebook is what makes the Internet cancerous alongside every single social media ever, so this image makes me smile and hope that Twitter soon follows.

>What happened?

This is the end of Q2 2018. All the big businesses are holding their quarterly investor conferences and report their earnings to their shareholders. A bad quarter can mean investors bowing out.

I guess but Jow Forums for the most part is such a shit show that it doesnt really work as a social platform.

When Faceberg and Twatter die their userbases will just spend even more time shitting up Jow Forums.
If they weren't a botnet I'd wish they would stay alive just so those people can fuck off in their pit.

The biggest advantage Jow Forums has as a social media platform is it's weakness: the anonymity.

When you can't see who is posting on the other side, there's nothing you can judge a post on besides the content. If you learn to distinguish what is garbage from actual information/insight there's something to be gained from some of the discussions on here.

It would be good if social media becomes decentralized eventually with everyone on control of their own data. This shit with the crew that get's offended because of everything is getting crazy.

Back in 2007 there was an spanish initiative to create a shared p2p virtual drive called omemo, most probably it was shut down by the copyright lobbyists and it's almost as if it has never existed except for a few posts on technology sites. That same technology could have been used to create a decentralized social network were it would be impossible to know where the files are actually located so it would be impossible to censor.

Attached: omemo.png (737x783, 164K)

Jow Forums is social media because it facilitates communication and sharing in a "forum" over the internet. Your voice just isn't attached to an identity, and there's no "mob rule" in what gets pushed to be most visible (i.e. reddit). This allows much more diverse discussion because saying something controversial doesn't cause your speech to be buried.

antisocial media

You can already tell that those Shrek memes derived from Facebook and Reddit. There's a huge wave coming here to spout their shitty memes(especially /v/, Jow Forums, Jow Forums, /tv/)

>and there's no "mob rule" in what gets pushed to be most visible
There is. (You)s.

>banning your user base

This is why I like the "old internet", I mean now one can know that you're a dog online, woof.
Dog jokes aside, the focus on the content of the discussion is quite neat.

Twitter is better than FB though.

I enjoy using facebook, fuck it.

No you don't. You enjoy nothing. The fun you are having isn't real.

>social media becomes decentralized eventually with everyone on control of their own data
>normal people know enough about using computers to host anything on their own
>normal people even wanting to host something
>not just letting some corp spy on them in exchange for hosting their data
you're pretty optimistic

Did anyone else notice how misleading this graph is. Look at where the y-axis starts.

Attached: 4L_i5UCkFhs.jpg (1023x682, 39K)

finance.yahoo.com/quote/FB/
Its pretty damn bad though. 20%

We have containment boards for this reason, user.
[spoiler]also they already shat it up, there's nothing worth salvaging here[/spoiler]

>talks about containment boards
>is newfag crossboarder
maybe you should go back to your contaiment board newfriend

Attached: CkVYweS.png (320x392, 152K)

>you're pretty optimistic
Maybe but imagine people just installing the program and being able to start posting and knowing that they just need to keep the program running to help the social network to exist, simple as that. But well, one can dream.

(you)s won't make your post go to the top, although it might make it stand out a bit more.

> how
they're bringing on their own demise due to their dangerously high levels of incompetence. just sit back and enjoy.
> Why can't normies use e-mail
but, user.. they do use email. all the damn time. you just don't hear about it because nobody gives a fuck about e-mail anymore.

> banning retards, communists and communist retards, and jihadis
fixed that for you.

> normal people even wanting to host something
if they no trouble using a torrent client to pirate software 24/7, then this isn't a problem. only problem is making it fast and appealing to use. zeronet has been quite impressive in that regard.